Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Any deals on tents in Argos/Tesco going about? Just realized I'm tentless.

Halfords is the place to go

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

cson wrote: »
    You're fairly ****ered from what I can see; absolutely zero stock in any of the €0-100 tents in Argos.

I'm also on the hunt for a 3/4 man tent circa €70; so any suggestions appreciated. Can't understand why Argos don't maintain a decent stock of tents for festival season.

I got a 3-4 man non-branded tent in army bargains off mary street! Fully waterproof 3000mm HH. And really decent size for 50 blips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Millets on Mary St. used to be my goto for tents. No idea what their stock / prices are like these days but usually had some deals around this time in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Toast wrote: »
    Millets on Mary St. used to be my goto for tents. No idea what their stock / prices are like these days but usually had some deals around this time in the past.

Millets is closed down now! There is a shop 2 doors up, one nearby on capel street and the army bargains place
    The one on Mary street had a food selection at reasonable prices as well!
    There is a more expensive camping shop on liffey street but they are much more moola than the other places i mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Serious lack of camping chairs, tried loads of places, Argos, Halfords, Woodies, dunnes.
    Argos had them for like €6 bit out of stock every where! Woodies have them but there like €15 each!

Anyone remember how much they were last year in the camp sites? Couldn't have been much more than €15 surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone remember how much they were last year in the camp sites? Couldn't have been much more than €15 surely?

I think at the camping stalls (Joe Bananas was it?) it was €15 for one or two for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Felix Da Housecat is playing the Sunday according to his site:
    http://www.theefelixdahousecat.com/events/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Serious lack of camping chairs, tried loads of places, Argos, Halfords, Woodies, dunnes.
    Argos had them for like €6 bit out of stock every where! Woodies have them but there like €15 each!

Tesco usually have loads, either €8 or a tenner. no more than that anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

When is this on?
    Wish I had friends where I live :pac:

Tesco usually have loads, either €8 or a tenner. no more than that anyway.

Thanks must try after work, anymore than €15 I might as well buy one on site, less to pack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When is this on?
    Wish I had friends where I live :pac:

30th August - 1st September.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

My daughter was all over town yesterday for a 2 man tent. Eventually got one in Head for the Hills GPO arcade for €40, best she could do. Also looking for chairs around Tallaght today proved difficult. On the stock check in Argos there was one chair at €8.49 available in the whole of Dublin at Jervis Street. She got 2 in Woodies @ 11.50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Rewind83 wrote: »
    Millets is closed down now!

Oops had no idea. That's a shame.

Re camping chairs above if your choice is between getting a 15 quid one now or paying the same at the festival get the one outside of the festival as it'll most likely be better quality. I've seen so many of the cheaper ones give up the ghost before the half way mark of the festival. Having said that no point paying much more than 15 quid as if you get something too fancy there is always the danger it will magically be relocated elsewhere as past a certain point in the night people who'd never steal anything suddenly consider camping chairs as public property.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I took a trip down to Charles Camping in Blessington over the weekend and picked up a deadly 4 man tent, camping chair and sleeping bag for 90 odd quid. Really helpful lads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Not quite the same (and not nearly as comfortable looking) but Dealz have camping stools for €1.49 if you're really stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

bassey wrote: »
    I took a trip down to Charles Camping in Blessington over the weekend and picked up a deadly 4 man tent, camping chair and sleeping bag for 90 odd quid. Really helpful lads too.

Charles Camping also have a very good website with quick deliver and a seemingly €5 euro flat fee for delivery. As a confirmed caravaner I recommend them highly!!

Would EP be classed as the best festival in Ireland now?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Would EP be classed as the best festival in Ireland now?
    It Always was ;)

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    It Always was ;)

Haha I have never been to an open air concert of festival. Would love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

The new Franz Ferdinand album has leaked. Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Leaked out my grandmothers arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Haha, now I can't figure out if you prefer talking about shoving stuff up arses or stuff leaking out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I picked up a 2-man Trespass tent in that camping place around the corner from Army Bargains on the weekend for €40, you could probably fit three in it and still have a bit of space!

Seems to be a fair few deals in and around that Caball St. area for tents if anyone's still searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

martandr wrote: »
    The new Franz Ferdinand album has leaked. Just sayin'

I'd rather they p1ssed off than leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Felix Da Housecat is playing the Sunday according to his site:
    http://www.theefelixdahousecat.com/events/

we'll forgive his management for thinking Stradbally was in Tralee. If he plays it would be a great addition, heck we'll be Space, Ibiza if he wants us to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Rfrip

can they not play the little big tent? barcardi bar will be jointed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Rfrip wrote: »
    can they not play the little big tent? barcardi bar will be jointed

totally agree, I reckon the money is talking there, Bacardi want the acts at their area to flog the Mojitos!

It will be jointed with posers too...Bacardi bar tends to attract them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Brilliant...........love this comment!

• Advertisement

totally agree, I reckon the money is talking there, Bacardi want the acts at their area to flog the Mojitos!

It will be jointed with posers too...Bacardi bar tends to attract them ;)

I know they get some great acts but hate that whole Bacardi lark!, festivals are great for bringing people back to zero, for a weekend it doesn't matter if you have a job, how much you earn, what type of car you have etc etc..! This brings out the best in people! but this Bacardi area is trying to re-create a commercial trendy wannabe poser attitude! I'm waiting for a year where they'll have bouncers on the door telling punters they're not cool enough to come in!!
    To me the squarish neon design sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the very beautiful & natural forest-body and soul areas.

Advertisement