Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I know they get some great acts but hate that whole Bacardi lark!, festivals are great for bringing people back to zero, for a weekend it doesn't matter if you have a job, how much you earn, what type of car you have etc etc..! This brings out the best in people! but this Bacardi area is trying to re-create a commercial trendy wannabe poser attitude! I'm waiting for a year where they'll have bouncers on the door telling punters they're not cool enough to come in!!
    To me the squarish neon design sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the very beautiful & natural forest-body and soul areas.
    They do have security already. they are not the worst tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

totally agree, I reckon the money is talking there, Bacardi want the acts at their area to flog the Mojitos!

It will be jointed with posers too...Bacardi bar tends to attract them ;)

Yeah, story with that? Always pretentious heads in there. Zero banter whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Yeah, story with that? Always pretentious heads in there. Zero banter whatsoever

How can it be pretentious when ur in wellies dancing around in muck and saw dust. No one gives a flying. bouncers are there for own protection and are
    never a hassle. Just go and have a good time, if that mucky field isn't mucky enough for you go find another mucky one but less of the stereo typing 'within' the same festival.... FFS. (Oxygen on the other hand is full of skangers and scrouts:-) FYI )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I know they get some great acts but hate that whole Bacardi lark!, festivals are great for bringing people back to zero, for a weekend it doesn't matter if you have a job, how much you earn, what type of car you have etc etc..! This brings out the best in people! but this Bacardi area is trying to re-create a commercial trendy wannabe poser attitude! I'm waiting for a year where they'll have bouncers on the door telling punters they're not cool enough to come in!!
    To me the squarish neon design sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the very beautiful & natural forest-body and soul areas.

Thats so true Fatfrog, I go there for the mojitos tbh but i do want to see hercules and love affair and friendly fires DJ set....

its usually the barmen that are most posery to be fair!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Ah give over. The banter is wherever you want it to be. There are posers and sound heads everywhere. Are the impossibly-cool-though-trying-not-to-look-it kids in Body and Soul any less Poseurish than the Bacardi crowd, and anyway its mainly the same people. I will probably spend equal times in both so which am I???

Can't wait for A-Skillz in Bacardi on Saturday........blew the place away last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Rfrip

accuweather now has

Friday-overcast with showers
    Saturday-Cloudy
    Sunday has gone from abundant sunshine to considerable cloudiness:(

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Rfrip wrote: »
    accuweather now has

Friday-overcast with showers
    Saturday-Cloudy
    Sunday has gone from abundant sunshine to considerable cloudiness:(

as long as it is dry and not windy I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Gotta agree. Doesn't appeal to me at all. Tend to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

How can it be pretentious when ur in wellies dancing around in muck and saw dust. No one gives a flying. bouncers are there for own protection and are
    never a hassle. Just go and have a good time, if that mucky field isn't mucky enough for you go find another mucky one but less of the stereo typing 'within' the same festival.... FFS. (Oxygen on the other hand is full of skangers and scrouts:-) FYI )

Jeee-ayzus. Just sayin it's full of cocks. And believe me, iv had my fair share of cocks....

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

I was down in Wexford visiting my dad today and organising the camper for the picnic, then remembered I didn't have the camper ticket, went into the local TM outlet and was told 'no' the guy said that camper tickets are ONLY available online and he couldn't access them on the system, anyone else come up against this?
    I found it very strange that you could buy one type of ticket for an event in an outlet and not the other, or is it maybe they don't want people from Wexford in the camper park...LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

rebelreded wrote: »
    Can't wait for A-Skillz in Bacardi on Saturday........blew the place away last year.

gotta agree with you there, he was excellent. I remember when Krafty Kuts played the old Bacardi tent at EP, place was a lot smaller and extremely jointed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

MOD:
    As there is currently a Garda investigation into what has become known as "The SlaneGirl" incident. Please do not post on this topic.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

MY TICKET JUST ARRIVED!! I'm gonna put it in the bath and roll around in it. Sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

MY TICKET JUST ARRIVED!! I'm gonna put it in the bath and roll around in it. Sexy.

Haha love this!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

foolelle wrote: »
    I was down in Wexford visiting my dad today and organising the camper for the picnic, then remembered I didn't have the camper ticket, went into the local TM outlet and was told 'no' the guy said that camper tickets are ONLY available online and he couldn't access them on the system, anyone else come up against this?
    I found it very strange that you could buy one type of ticket for an event in an outlet and not the other, or is it maybe they don't want people from Wexford in the camper park...LOL

Presume reason is that this year you don't get a ticket master style ticket to exchange for vehicle sticker on site, instead they are send you out the vehicle sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

In relation to camping chairs etc, I think this was posted before but some bargains to be had in Dealz:http://www.dealz.ie/summer/camping-and-festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Serious lack of any decent beer deals in the supermarkets.
    Anybody find anything worthwhile.....was hoping to be stocked up by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

If anyone is still looking to pick up a Camping Chair before getting down there, ALDI have chairs for €9.99, they're with all the fishing gear they have on special at the moment.

Quite hard to find the dam things, out of stock nearly everywhere I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yupyupyup

Hi guys,

Is there a bus going from Athlone for the Sunday?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

so many offers on bottles, pity! Even if they had offers on 33cl cans that would be great, as someone already said, they are easier to sneak into the arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have always found the searches into the campsite very lax, especially if your arriving with the busses from Dublin, take that how you want ;)

So is it no bottles in the campsite? Or just in the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BaZmO* wrote: »

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

maximoose wrote: »
    Both.

Cheers. I was looking at their website and it wasn't clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have always found the searches into the campsite very lax, especially if your arriving with the busses from Dublin, take that how you want ;)

The rule is there for peoples safety. Do you think it is a good idea to suggest to people on this thread they should be ignoring it?

Also taking the risk with spirits and getting caught just means you lose time you'd be setting up camping getting it decanted (something there is no real good reason you couldn't have done at home). Take the risk with beer (and a bunch of small bottles of beer are going to be a hell of a lot easier for security to find than a bottle of spirits) and your beer is pretty much going to get ruined by being decanted if they even let you try. Oh yeah glass is heavy too. Is it really worth the hassle?

Lidl's Grafenwalder is a perfectly drinkable can beer if people are hard up for cheapies. Avoid the Excaliber (white can) stuff as it is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭glen25

So, we’re heading to EP for the first time and we’re beside ourselves with excitement! BUT, we have lots of questions!! I’m going to throw them out here and if anyone can help we’d be really grateful J
    1. What campsite should we go to? I only realised recently that there was more than one campsite. What are the pro’s and con’s of the different ones.
    2. How far away will the car be from the campsites? For example, would you leave valuables (beer?) in the car and then pop over and back to get them as needed?
    3. Are there good showers or will it be a baby wipe wash for us for the weekend?
    4. Is there any point bringing food with us (for breakfast etc)?
    5. Are there mobile phone charging stations?
    6. When do most people start arriving? We’re thinking of heading off early Friday morning to enjoy the full day there.
    7. Any other hints, tips etc that you could impart to us would be brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Are you gonna stick it up you hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

glen25 wrote: »
    So, we’re heading to EP for the first time and we’re beside ourselves with excitement! BUT, we have lots of questions!! I’m going to throw them out here and if anyone can help we’d be really grateful J
    1. What campsite should we go to? I only realised recently that there was more than one campsite. What are the pro’s and con’s of the different ones.
    2. How far away will the car be from the campsites? For example, would you leave valuables (beer?) in the car and then pop over and back to get them as needed?
    3. Are there good showers or will it be a baby wipe wash for us for the weekend?
    4. Is there any point bringing food with us (for breakfast etc)?
    5. Are there mobile phone charging stations?
    6. When do most people start arriving? We’re thinking of heading off early Friday morning to enjoy the full day there.
    7. Any other hints, tips etc that you could impart to us would be brilliant!

1. I usually camp in the Jimi Hendrix campsite but further back towards the Andy Warhol, close enough to everything but far enough to get a decent kip if ya need.

2. Campsites about a 20-30 minute walk to the carpark depending on where you are.

3. I'm a firm believer in the baby wipe was but there are showers, can be large queues though.

4. I usually bring some snacks like a bag of nuts and some cereal bars and stuff, I love the food at EP though, can't beat a rasher bap for breakfast!

5. Yes, loads.

6. Between 12 - 3 seems to be the busiest time

7. Bring hand sanitizer, the ones at the toilets empty quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

1) I've always stayed in Oscar Wilde and no complaints. Not far to arena, close to Trenchtown/Salty Dog.
    2) Oscar Wilde is ~20min walk to the car park. Yep, leaving beers is smart.
    3) Showers are pretty decent
    4) From my experience, don't bring loads as it just goes to waste. You might be more prepared and use it well but I've just brought basics like cereal bars and snacks in recent years and got my meals in the campsite/arena (the food is quality)
    5) Yep, Vodafone have a free charging tent but it's always packed and big queues. Otherwise there are plenty of charging stalls that charge a fiver for an hour.
    6) I always aim to arrive there for around 10ish, just to get set up early and have the full day. Although with the scaling back of Friday it's not that important this year I guess.
    7) Don't be a dick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭glen25

bassey wrote: »
    1. I usually camp in the Jimi Hendrix campsite but further back towards the Andy Warhol, close enough to everything but far enough to get a decent kip if ya need.

2. Campsites about a 20-30 minute walk to the carpark depending on where you are.

3. I'm a firm believer in the baby wipe was but there are showers, can be large queues though.

4. I usually bring some snacks like a bag of nuts and some cereal bars and stuff, I love the food at EP though, can't beat a rasher bap for breakfast!

5. Yes, loads.

6. Between 12 - 3 seems to be the busiest time

7. Bring hand sanitizer, the ones at the toilets empty quickly!

Thanks for the reply Bassey.. I'll have to research the campsites a bit more i think... Can they be classfied at all? Younger/Older/Quieter/etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BaZmO* wrote: »

No glass allowed in any form*

*unless you hide it well ;)

Advertisement