Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

threein99 wrote: »
    No glass allowed in any form*

*unless you hide it well ;)

OK, while I generally think some rules are made to be broken, this one is a common sense one and doesn't fall into that category.

Remember when you go home that these fields are used for farming and animals and broken bottles in grass are not a good mix.

How hard is it to leave glass outside? not at all hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

pmalone wrote: »
    OK, while I generally think some rules are made to be broken, this one is a common sense one and doesn't fall into that category.

Remember when you go home that these fields are used for farming and animals and broken bottles in grass are not a good mix.

How hard is it to leave glass outside? not at all hard.

Just for the record I have never brought glass in, but it could be easily done if you really wanted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Felix Da Housecat & Jacques Renault now officially confirmed.

http://electricpicnic.ie/casabacardigetsreadyforelectricpicnicintruelatinstyle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I know they get some great acts but hate that whole Bacardi lark!, festivals are great for bringing people back to zero, for a weekend it doesn't matter if you have a job, how much you earn, what type of car you have etc etc..! This brings out the best in people! but this Bacardi area is trying to re-create a commercial trendy wannabe poser attitude! I'm waiting for a year where they'll have bouncers on the door telling punters they're not cool enough to come in!!
    To me the squarish neon design sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the very beautiful & natural forest-body and soul areas.

It's one of my favourite things about the Picnic, they've great DJs there, handy meeting point.

As for the aesthetics and how it looks... what's your feeling on scores of fastfood chipper vans lining opposite it?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Anyone still waiting on tickets to arrive? Paid last installment in July but no sign of the tickets yet

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

threein99 wrote: »
    Just for the record I have never brought glass in, but it could be easily done if you really wanted too.

I assume yourself and Mr.S are calling attention to the lax searches so that the organisers increase their searches... not so more people can get glass into the campsite? The winky smiley you both used after your original posts on the matter obviously being a graphic reminder to all what glass in the eye might do to someone. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

BananaR wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on tickets to arrive? Paid last installment in July but no sign of the tickets yet

Thanks

Mine are "being processed", the printers at the ticketmaster offices must be the slowest in existance because they have been in that state for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Regarding bottles, can you bring plastic bottles? Could I empty out half a bottle of vodka into a coke bottle for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, it's just glass that is forbidden.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its a big risk taking the glass, checks are increasing each year, oxegen was pretty tight, so it'll be awful if you get to ep and all your booze binned before you get in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

http://www.dealz.ie/summer/camping-and-festivals/aluminium-camping-bottle-500ml-assorted-colours easy to decant your spirits into this. or just use empty plastic bottles

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

http://www.dealz.ie/summer/camping-and-festivals/aluminium-camping-bottle-500ml-assorted-colours easy to decant your spirits into this. or just use empty plastic bottles

Or get your girl frien to get some of these :eek:tampon-flasks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

None of this camping stuff is in the Cork store. just had a quick look on my break.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Or get your girl frien to get some of these :eek:tampon-flasks.jpg

Thats bloody awful.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Thats bloody awful.:eek:

Appropriate user name

Lumbo wrote: »
    Appropriate user name
    Your not very punny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BananaR wrote: »

Thanks

Mine arrived today, I was giving them until tomorow to start getting worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Which stage/tent has taken over from the old Bodytonic tent? i.e. which is the dance tent?

And which djs would you recommend? I youtubed Baauer and Disclosure and didn't like them at all (what genre would you put them in anyway) but liked the sound of Giorgio Moroder and besides that disco-ish sound would be mainly into tech/house/minimal.

Think Hawtin, Digweed, Kalkbrenner, Trentmoller.

Maybe I'm missing something but EP seems to missing big names like that this year.

Or maybe I'm out of the loop? So, any reommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

kraggy wrote: »
    Which stage/tent has taken over from the old Bodytonic tent? i.e. which is the dance tent?

And which djs would you recommend? I youtubed Baauer and Disclosure and didn't like them at all but liked the sound of Giorgio Moroder and besides that disco-ish sound would be mainly into tech/house/minimal.

Maybe I'm missing something but EP seems to missing big names like that this year.

Cyril Hahn, Felix Da Housecat, A-Skillz, Disclosure, Mano le Tough, Giorgio are the main one's I'll be checking out. Give Disclosure another listen, they're gonna upend the place on the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Benzor3000

Are Ticketmaster issuing campervan tickets this year or is the sticker to put in the window of the campervan that I received in the post last week (which is usally issued on-site) this year's campervan ticket? I noticed that a poster a few pages back said that the latter was the case. Dead on if so, but there wasn't a scrap of info accompanying the sticker to let me know what the score is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Don't forget space dimension controller. He was great the last time I saw him in a small venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kraggy wrote: »

And which djs would you recommend? I youtubed Baauer and Disclosure and didn't like them at all (what genre would you put them in anyway) but liked the sound of Giorgio Moroder and besides that disco-ish sound would be mainly into tech/house/minimal.

Bodytonic haven't had a tent for years. the Little Big Tent has had mostly dance acts/DJs for the last couple of years, sometimes DJS/dance acts are in other tents though.

SATURDAY:
    Disclosure
    Tiga
    Hudson Mohawke
    Le Galaxie
    A-Skillz
    Cyril Hahn
    New Jackson
    Space Dimension Controller
    Big Black Delta
    Factory Floor
    Daithí
    Forrests

SUNDAY:
    Mano Le Tough
    Blondes
    Mount Kimbie
    Jacques Renault
    Nicky Siano
    Felix Da Housecat

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Don't forget space dimension controller. He's closing LBT on the sunday night. He was great the last time I saw him in a small venue.

I thought I heard someone say Mano Le Tough was closing the LBT on Sunday!?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Toast wrote: »
    I assume yourself and Mr.S are calling attention to the lax searches so that the organisers increase their searches... not so more people can get glass into the campsite? The winky smiley you both used after your original posts on the matter obviously being a graphic reminder to all what glass in the eye might do to someone. ;)

No they're giving useful Information to festival goers, you have chosen to interpret it as a breach of the rules. The OP is merely stating a fact and shouldn't be judged for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Cyril Hahn, Felix Da Housecat, A-Skillz, Disclosure, Mano le Tough, Giorgio are the main one's I'll be checking out. Give Disclosure another listen, they're gonna upend the place on the Saturday

also Factory Floor, Skip&Die, Hudson Mohawke and if you haven't seen them before definitely check out Le Galaxie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I thought I heard someone say Mano Le Tough was closing the LBT on Sunday!?

thought i ninja edited before anyone had noticed. got my people mixed up, both are great live though having seen them both perform!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ryan Sheridan is in the Electric Arena at 11pm on Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I know where I won't be at 11pm so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Electric arena @11PM?? Are you serious? Sure it's not am? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Catmologen wrote: »
    No they're giving useful Information to festival goers, you have chosen to interpret it as a breach of the rules. The OP is merely stating a fact and shouldn't be judged for it.

It is a breach of the festival rules.. there is no interpretation there. My questioning of the posters is done with the purpose to make other people think more about the issues involved with bringing glass in as this was information that is relevant and wasn't addressed.

Advertisement