Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

leakyboots wrote: »
    It's one of my favourite things about the Picnic, they've great DJs there, handy meeting point.

As for the aesthetics and how it looks... what's your feeling on scores of fastfood chipper vans lining opposite it?

Bacardi area is a stage after all, so out of place when compared to the other stages! Particularly in the B&S.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Electric arena @11PM?? Are you serious? Sure it's not am? :)

Nope its 11pm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seems a pretty big slot to be giving to him, unless i've vastly underestimated how popular he is...crawdaddy/cosby stage i could understand.
    at least it possibly removes a clash for some of the bigger names anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

Anyone know if theres places u can get hotwater in tge campsite for like pot noodle and cuppa soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

What exactly is the story with the showers in the campsite? Are they private?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

Polka_Dot wrote: »

They're communal. But they're perfect. Used them last year, they were lovely and warm and clean. Just a small divider tho between showers. And obv separate boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Polka_Dot wrote: »

Showers are for the weak! Its only 3 days.

What sort of a setlist are Arctic Monkeys fans hoping for? Id be hoping for something like:

Do I wanna know?
    Brainstorm
    Don't sit down cos I've moved your chair
    Crying Lightning
    Mad Sounds
    Teddy Picker
    Do me a favour
    My Propeller
    Dancefloor
    Flourescent Adolescent
    Cornerstone
    Hellcat spangled
    Dancing Shoes
    Still Take you home
    Riot Van
    Why d'you only call me when you're high?
    R U mine?
    When the sun goes down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

seems a pretty big slot to be giving to him, unless i've vastly underestimated how popular he is...crawdaddy/cosby stage i could understand.
    at least it possibly removes a clash for some of the bigger names anyway.

11 -12 is the electric arena headline, some would argue that makes him the promoters no.2 act of all day Sat!!..??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Anyone go on their own? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

That comment + that pic is funny there ^^^^

I did in 2010 and stayed in a friends porch was a great old time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Toast wrote: »
    It is a breach of the festival rules.. there is no interpretation there. My questioning of the posters is done with the purpose to make other people think more about the issues involved with bringing glass in as this was information that is relevant and wasn't addressed.

Are you Sheldon in disguise?

MadYaker wrote: »

What sort of a setlist are Arctic Monkeys fans hoping for? Id be hoping for something like:

Do I wanna know?
    Brainstorm
    Crying Lightning
    Mad Sounds
    Teddy Picker
    Do me a favour
    My Propeller
    Dancefloor
    Flourescent Adolescent
    Cornerstone
    Hellcat spangled
    Dancing Shoes
    Still Take you home
    Riot Van
    R U mine?
    When the sun goes down

I would imagine something like that, maybe with a few more tracks off the new album as it's out the week after the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

MadYaker wrote: »

Do I wanna know?
    Brainstorm
    Crying Lightning
    Mad Sounds
    Teddy Picker
    Do me a favour
    My Propeller
    Dancefloor
    Flourescent Adolescent
    Cornerstone
    Hellcat spangled
    Dancing Shoes
    Still Take you home
    Riot Van
    R U mine?
    When the sun goes down

Check this: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2013/lasse-nyon-switzerland-1bc691dc.html

They play the same songs everytime, only different order.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Bazzinga!
    Welcome to the festival agreement which, a binding covenant that in its 69 pages cautifies, indemnifies and enumerates the rights and responsibilities of all parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    11 -12 is the electric arena headline, some would argue that makes him the promoters no.2 act of all day Sat!!..??
    yeah, it's a bit odd alright, there's quite a lot of names playing on the Saturday that are much higher on the poster than him...
    i guess a few of them will be on the main stage before Bjork (eg. Two Door Cinema Club, Ellie Goulding).
    Robert Plant could be on from say 9-10:30 in the Electric Arena.
    Disclosure could be on after him in the Electric Arena. from say 12:30-1:30 or so.
    Billy Bragg, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Walkmen, Little Green Cars, Ocean Colour Scene, all higher up on the poster than him, suppose could be the top few across Cosby/Crawdaddy stages....

still, i would have thought he'd be more of a 5pm act to be honest....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

threein99 wrote: »
    Are you Sheldon in disguise?

Yeh I'm going to marry a carrot... you know what guys.. go get cut I'm cool with it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimboSlice

Thinking about getting the 11am bus from Dublin down.. Will all the good camping spots be taken? Or should we be okay? Sorry first time EPers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Sorry, this has probably been asked already but has anyone got their early bird tickets installment yet? Usually Ticketmaster deliver a few weeks before in the case of any other gig/festival I've been to. It's getting a bit close for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

does anyone know the line up for the sunday ? .. apart from arctic monkeys.. considering getting the day ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone go on their own? :P

Thinking about it but I've no tent. Argos are sold out of the cheap ones.

Also depends on whether or not I can get an early bird ticket. Not paying full price.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

kraggy wrote: »
    Thinking about it but I've no tent. Argos are sold out of the cheap ones.

Also depends on whether or not I can get an early bird ticket. Not paying full price.

What's the early bird ticket? I'd nearly think about going...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Thinking about getting the 11am bus from Dublin down.. Will all the good camping spots be taken? Or should we be okay? Sorry first time EPers!

on my first EP we went down at about the same time from Dublin and had no problem getting a nice spot in the campsite so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

11am is fine! Ended up down there bout 5pm last time myself and managed to get a spot beside my mates who were there that morning

Not as much stuff on the Friday might give people a more laid back approach to the whole situation

The "Early bird" tickets this year were the ones that were sold for €150 blips... I'd imagine there will be some up on adverts and the likes for 150 but they will go very very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

I don't get paid until next week and haven't got a ticket yet. What are the chances of it selling out?

podgemk wrote: »
    does anyone know the line up for the sunday ? .. apart from arctic monkeys.. considering getting the day ticket.

Seriously? Go on the EP website ffs

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Sorry, this has probably been asked already but has anyone got their early bird tickets installment yet? Usually Ticketmaster deliver a few weeks before in the case of any other gig/festival I've been to. It's getting a bit close for comfort.

My early bird installment ones arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

It just has the big full lineup poster.. no idea who is on when?

It just has the big full lineup poster.. no idea who is on when?

Here: first result on google:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0813/467899-electric-picnic-day-by-day-line-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

**** sake man use your bloody noodle, check the last previous pages ya lazy dubba dubba.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

tolow wrote: »
    I don't get paid until next week and haven't got a ticket yet. What are the chances of it selling out?

very slim.

Advertisement