Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ticket that I bought on the installment scheme just arrived today, has me buzzing for it way more, acts I'm most looking forward to are fatboy slim, wu tang clan, GI, disclosure, felix da housecat, arctic monkeys and robert plant. Gonna be a deadly weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

So excited right now listening to the youtube ! mix of the upcoming picnic! Its gonna be....wait for it..... legendary!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Everyone get working on learning this dance routine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

wahhheyyy, ticket came this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Electric picnic facebook has replied yo somebody with this.

Little Big Tent acts have been announced throughout the previous announcements

So they had said before more acts plus previously announced. So no more announcements, althou to be honest I wasn't expecting much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

So will we only find out who's playing the LBT when they announce stage times next week?

With the very few acts on the Friday, the LBT may only be on on the Sat and Sun by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Question:

My bro is going in a campervan and will be in the campervan area obviously, im camping as normal, if i give him my drink to bring up to lighten my lode going in, can i cross over to campervan area once im set up and bring my drinks into normal camping area , (plastic bottles/ cans)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Thought they were announcing the forest line-up today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mickc10

Anyone know what the story is with access with just a day pass for the Sunday. It says strictly no camping so does that mean they will check for weekend bands after it all finishes on the Sunday? Does that also mean then that you can't get to the Salty Dog Stage or Trenchtown with a day pass?

Sorry I've been a couple of times before but never on just the day pass so wondering what the story is. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

So will we only find out who's playing the LBT when they announce stage times next week?

With the very few acts on the Friday, the LBT may only be on on the Sat and Sun by the looks of it

I think we already know that the only tent open on Friday night is the Electric Arena and that's just for Giorgio Moroder. Everything else will be on the main stage and Body & Soul area...now I could be incorrect on this but that's what I gathered from various reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Question:

Will tickets be available on the morning of Friday 30th? i.e. Payday?!

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Question:

My bro is going in a campervan and will be in the campervan area obviously, im camping as normal, if i give him my drink to bring up to lighten my lode going in, can i cross over to campervan area once im set up and bring my drinks into normal camping area , (plastic bottles/ cans)

should not be a problem, well speaking from previous years friends of ours were staying in a campervan and we were able to walk up to it, join them in the campervan for a few beers and head back to our tent later on.

mickc10 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with access with just a day pass for the Sunday. It says strictly no camping so does that mean they will check for weekend bands after it all finishes on the Sunday? Does that also mean then that you can't get to the Salty Dog Stage or Trenchtown with a day pass?

Sorry I've been a couple of times before but never on just the day pass so wondering what the story is. Cheers.

Salty Dog is in the common area between the arena and the woods/camp sites so you will definitely be able to access that stage no bother.

I presume the only points they will restrict day trippers will be at the entrance to the campsites themselves on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cornybread

King kong company playing body & soul @ 20.15pm Sunday, woop woop. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 michelle495

Hi does anybody know of a bus going to Elecrtric Picnic on the Friday evening from Galway? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Cannot wait. My first time and its going to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Question:

Will tickets be available on the morning of Friday 30th? i.e. Payday?!

yeah, they won't sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hi does anybody know of a bus going to Elecrtric Picnic on the Friday evening from Galway? Thanks.

There this: http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1157&month=Aug

Its not in the evening and a bit pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Salty Dog is in the common area between the arena and the woods/camp sites so you will definitely be able to access that stage no bother.

I presume the only points they will restrict day trippers will be at the entrance to the campsites themselves on Sunday night.

There are no checks between the Oscar Wilde campsite and The Salty Dog stage which is extremely close to it. If people are allowed out of the main arena to The Salty Dog this also gives them access to the campsite. I've never had a day ticket so can't say for sure what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

What way do they do the stage times next week? Will there be an app or is there are a booklet thing? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

denisstack wrote: »
    There are no checks between the Oscar Wilde campsite and The Salty Dog stage which is extremely close to it. If people are allowed out of the main arena to The Salty Dog this also gives them access to the campsite. I've never had a day ticket so can't say for sure what they do.

got a distinct feeling that will all change this year as it didnt work out as they planned last year with the in and out flows for daytrippers, can see one enterence for day away from campsites straight to arena, and salty dog, woods all closed off from them with checks at the few gates into the woods and campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Anyone know what the family campsite will be like if arriving on Saturday morning?

I presume it won't be too hectic and anywhere the tent is pitched there will be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

mickc10 wrote: »

I know some one has answered saying you could get access but I would say the complete opposite.
    If you have a day ticket I don't think you will get out passed the main arena gates, unless ur exiting, because once you get as far as the woods there's absolutely no control on where you go, you can easily get access to the camp sites, no checks. Even if there was, the perimeter between woods and camp site isn't secure.

Can you go to the salty dog with a day ticket? I assume you can? So it would be a matter of finding out what time they will prevent day trippers from getting into the forest area. Might be say after 11pm?? So if you were prepared to miss the sun night headliners and stay at the salty dog/trench town , I don't think you would have any trouble getting to a camp site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rfrip wrote: »
    Electric picnic facebook has replied yo somebody with this.

Little Big Tent acts have been announced throughout the previous announcements

So they had said before more acts plus previously announced. So no more announcements, althou to be honest I wasn't expecting much
    there's a guy on the EP forum who works for the festival and says there's still a LBT announcement to come, which is supposed to be this week.

plus there's only about 3 dance-y acts announced for Sunday that aren't playing B&S, Casa Bacardi, etc., so either they're announcing a few more DJs etc, or there'll be little/no dance music in the Little Big Tent on Sunday.

there's loads of dance-y acts for Saturday though.

i get the feeling that whoever is running the EP facebook page doesn't really know much until they're explicitly told....
    plus they haven't actually said there won't be any more names, just that previous names will be playing there, which is of course true.

part of me wonders if Felix Da Housecat and Jacques Renault were supposed to be in the LBT, but Bacardi have managed to get them, hence the 2 of them being announced for Casa Bacardi this week, andthe LBT announcement being held up until where they're playing has been sorted out and a replacement being found. when the Casa Bacardi names were originally announced, Nicky Siano was seemingly one of the headliners, but now Bacardi are saying that FDH and JR are headliners, even though Nicky Siano is playing in there on that day too...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

got a distinct feeling that will all change this year as it didnt work out as they planned last year with the in and out flows for daytrippers, can see one enterence for day away from campsites straight to arena, and salty dog, woods all closed off from them with checks at the few gates into the woods and campsites

Yeah it would make sense alright to give day trippers access to the salty dog and trenchtown etc. but have the campsites closed off for them. If they do this I hope we'd still be allowed bring cans from the campsite to the salty dog though, regardless of the time of day!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Farrell Travel are going. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farrell-Travel/248727925142642?fref=ts
    Not sure in the evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

was listening to Ryan Vail today, quite like them, downtempo electronica/techno with a vocalist. Playing the Body & Soul main stage on Sunday night:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone know of buses going from Sligo on the Friday?

Also, I have intention of going to Dublin the Monday home instead of back to Sligo,
    Will there be buses that will just take us to Dublin the one way ovb?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Quick question, will Arctic Monkeys be playing the same night as the rave in the woods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Rave in the Woods is on every night, so yes

Advertisement