Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

the delay to the line up announcement does look ominous though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

and? as mentioned, they're just repeating what has been known for a while, and there's no sources or anything. it's a nothing piece which doesn't shed any light on anything.

they were in debt last year and it went ahead.
    there have been several acts already booked for this year.
    the organisers have said it will go ahead.

whether it ultimately does go ahead or not seems down to internal business issues between the owners of the festival.

Any idea of what acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Any idea of what acts?
    David Byrne & St. Vincent and Warpaint at least. Belle and Sebastian, M.I.A. and The Knife were in talks, so will probably be there too.

someone mentioned a while back that The Strypes said on BBC radio that they were playing it.

David Byrne & St. Vincent and Warpaint at least. Belle and Sebastian, M.I.A. and The Knife were in talks, so will probably be there too.

someone mentioned a while back that The Strypes said on BBC radio that they were playing it.

Cool, that's a lot of acts right there. How'd you hear all this btw? Do you know some working for EP or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Cool, that's a lot of acts right there. How'd you hear all this btw? Do you know some working for EP or something like that?
    someone involved in making bookings for non-main music stages. they don't deal with the main music acts, so only knew what had been passed on to them by someone in POD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

That would be great! I'd go to see The Knife and Warpaint alone. I've never taken to St. Vincent, and haven't heard her stuff with David Byrne but would like to see her in the flesh (Smokin Hot IMO) not a big fan of M.I.A but knows how to do a live show. To my absolute shame! I couldn't tell you one song from Belle and Sebastian. My brother in law is always bangin on about how good they are
    and he's very good taste in music. All in all if that's true It's a very good start indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

http://www.dcsiteservices.com/news/single/608/2013-Festival-Applications-Open/

Dunno what this means exactly but maybe that everything is proceeding as normal until there is official word on whether or not the festival is going ahead or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Dunno what this means exactly but maybe that everything is proceeding as normal until there is official word on whether or not the festival is going ahead or not?

Has to be a good sign :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

REally hoping this is a good sign - I've booked my time off work and have my babysitter organised. Now all I need is a ticket!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to get too excited just in case it still doesn't go ahead but that looks promising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Marseyred wrote: »
    I've booked my time off work and have my babysitter organised.

Already?! That is dedication.

Or weird.

One of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

maximoose wrote: »
    Already?! That is dedication.

Or weird.

One of the two.

Dedication !!!!

Marseyred wrote: »
    Dedication !!!!

Let's call it weird dedication to be on the safe side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In fairness a lot of festivals that end up not running or getting cancelled often have acts 'booked'. They'd want to be announcing something soon, there's a lot to be said for build up to a festival, it'll be a big failure if there is a severe lack of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

If there is no announcement by the end of March I will officially be giving up hope.
    Until then, Smashing Pumpkins to headline?
    Who's with me?
    Would love the Pumpkins to headline. They are touring Europe this summer so quite possible! ? Am worried that it might not go ahead this year what a nightmare that wud be. Fingers crossed we will hear some positive news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

At least thats mumford and sons off the list now , with the phoenix park announcement...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Getting less and less confident that this is going ahead with each passing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21321&start=18

Speculation on the EP forum that it's €200 for just 2 days. Some acts booked, but doesn't mean it'll go ahead.

Make of that what you will. Doesn't make sense to me. €200 for 2 days, when it was €175 for 3 days last year (loyalty ticket).

I wouldn't be getting carried away until after Easter. If there's no announcement by then, it's a dead duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If it is €200 for two days, it's dead in the water. Forbidden Fruit is €80 for two days and, Longitude is €130 for three.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

If it is €200 for two days, it's dead in the water. Forbidden Fruit is €80 for two days and, Longitude is €130 for three.

sea seassions is 95 with camping for 3 days

• Advertisement

exilec wrote: »
    At least thats mumford and sons off the list now , with the phoenix park announcement...:cool:

Ben Howard, The Vaccines and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes are also playing though that.. With Longtitude and shows like the National,it seems like EP are running out of bands to choose from!

Also asked that company that was advertising staff for EP whether it was definitely going ahead, their response was ''we hope so.'' Not the most reassuring!

Also asked that company that was advertising staff for EP whether it was definitely going ahead, their response was ''we hope so.'' Not the most reassuring!

I thanked your post but I'm crying inside.

This really depressing.

Come oe,
    EP has been on a downward spiral since the first camping one.
    I've been to them all since then.

Its over.let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

urbanledge wrote: »
    Come oe,

Its over.let it go

You might have a point with regard 2010 and 2011 but 2012 was the best EP I've been at and have been to the last 6 or 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr.S wrote: »
    But EP would be nearly 3x bigger.

Depends on the acts, they'd need some seriously good ones to justify charging that for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Come oe,

Its over.let it go

2012 was the best one for me as well, last year had a shout but only cus of the sun sheeee-iiiiiin

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I see the Pet Shop Boys are touring again and have no confirmed dates at the end of August, so be amazing if they played at Electric Picnic (if it is even going ahead).

Their tour is also called the 'Electric Tour'.

Coincidence? I think not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Come oe,

Its over.let it go

It's hard to let it go when all the EP substitutes are pure sh1t! but I agree, it has been on a downward spiral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Come oe,

Its over.let it go

no what killed it was the last 2 years with the day tickets for Sunday.

It put so many EP fans of mine off going last year and asking around the campsite that was the same story across the board.

Last year you could tell that the overall crowd seemed to be down and i wonder how much this was affected by the Sunday

Advertisement