Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Rave in the Woods is on every night, so yes

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

re: Sunday/Salty Dog/Woods/campsites; EP replied to someone an hour ago on fb:

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/posts/10151813804004168?comment_id=27958110&reply_comment_id=27959397&total_comments=2
    Hi Michael, Sunday ticket holders do not have access to the campsite, however you will still have access to Salty Dog and Trenchtown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I asked Molloys Liquor Store about alcohol deals, they replied with:

Our deals will change at the end of the month and are to be confirmed. At the moment we have: Carling 50cl Can - €1 each
    Bulmers 1ltr btl – 3 for €10

Casillero del Diablo 75cl Range - €8.99 each

Southern Comfort 70cl – €18
    Smirnoff 70cl - €19.99
    Capt Morgan 70cl - €19.99
    Huzzar 20cl - €4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

quick question: do you have to pay to have a go on the ferris wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rewind83 wrote: »

Yep. Tenner I think to go around 3-4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

Rewind83 wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep. Tenner I think to go around 3-4 times.

Wow a tenner. Man been on that a few time. No wonder I spend a fortune every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Tkts arrived and have just checked my tent, sleeping bag and chair are in working order after last year from still being in the boot of my car since I left stradbally last year. We are good to go lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

I've heard there is a red bull stage this year which is most likely in the forest like at Longitude, suits me as the blueberry redbull was delicious & my cousin is playing on it. I'm just curious is there an actual rave in the woods or just this, time will tell obviously

I'm really intrigued to see some times, which i realize wont be out till the middle of next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

My ticket came! Finally! Getting progressively more excited about popping my EP cherry :)
    Only downside: can't get Friday or Monday off work so I'll be late/leaving early and wrecked at all times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,895 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

MadYaker wrote: »
    There this: http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1157&month=Aug

Its not in the evening and a bit pricey

And it was in 2012, according to the date at the very bottom of the page :-(

There's a list of all the buses I know of (from all around the island) here: http://news.galwaytransport.info/2013/08/bus-coach-transport-to-electric-picnic-2013.html

... including the one from Sligo, for the person who asked.

https://www.facebook.com/weare.emergence/posts/430039173779088
    We've been busy here at Emergence HQ working away on the RBMA lineup for Electric Picnic, We are delighted to announce the lineup will include: Ben Klock, Xxxy, Frank B, Tu Ki, New Jackson, Tr One, Toby Kaar, Barry Redsetta, Niall Dunne, Donal Mooney, Cillo, Con Allen, QuietDust, Boya, Bodytonic Djs, Colm K, Bop Gun, Lunar Disko and more TBA

http://www.redbull.com/ie/en/music/stories/1331607890645/red-bull-music-academy-electric-picnic
    Red Bull Music Academy Stage Opening hours:
    Fri 16.00 – 04.00 / Sat 18.00 – 04.00 / Sun 18.00 – 04.00

saw xxxy in the Twisted Pepper before Xmas, really good. some other great names in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Klock is on the Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Klock will rock the place very nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Friday night suddenly looks much much better :)

Was kinda hoping he would close it on the Sunday ill probably be a right off for the weekend after his set.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

This year Donal Dineen is taking his 2FM Sunday night radio show to the country for an extended weekend and curating a new stage at Body & Soul designed for those in search of a slightly quieter sound and space.

Underground stars such as Katie Kim, WIFE, Band of Clouds and Somadrone will be joined by new acts Zvuku, Arrow-Shower, EIIII, Noisefloor, Willow Sea, Narciso Negro, SlowPlaceLikeHome and some guests. There will also be a special appearance on Saturday night by Samaris from Iceland. Donal will be hosting all three evenings and taking care of visuals and MC duties in between DJ-ing with a little help from his friends. The shows will be recorded and broadcast throughout the autumn on Radio Activity on 2FM.

About the stage Donal says: "I've been lucky enough this year to have a radio slot again at a time when great new music is everywhere and particularly so here in Ireland. The impetus to put this programme together came directly from the inspirational sounds I've heard the year. I am more convinced than ever that it's a golden age for Irish music. The range and quality is astounding. The fact that it's coming from all corners of the country is a very positive development and the bill over the weekend reflects that I hope. Down the years I've been blessed to have had some unforgettable nights on the main stage at Body & Soul myself but this year I'm switching focus in order to showcase another side of the musical spectrum that all too often gets drowned out or lost or ignored. There are very few opportunities for people who operate on a less voluminous scale to get noticed or heard here unfortunately. Therefore there are an awful lot of great producers working away without any real exposure or fanfare. Throughout the year I've been very glad to encounter these people at every turn and they have made my job as a radio DJ even more of a pleasure so the opportunity to return the favour and provide a platform for their work is one I'm glad to take.

Sound-wise, it'll be focused on the more atmospheric side of the electronic world interspersed with some virtuoso instrumentation, spoken word, celestial singing and tiny amounts of dead air. There will be a distinct lack of beats of the bigger variety for no other reason than their prevalence everywhere else! Thus the Radio Activity stage will not be banging but it could still be a rocking good place to spend some time so do come. It ought to serve as somewhere different to go and maybe get your dancing boots off and feet up, all going well. Sitting down is a must in fact. Sleeping is optional but not encouraged. Slippers are fine. No sneakers."

Radio Activity is broadcast Fridays on 2XM 10-1pm & Sundays on 2FM 10-12pm.
    bodyandsoul.ie/peace-pagoda-2

https://soundcloud.com/parishrecords/sets/peace-pagoda-body-soul-ep13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

All these Casa Bacardi and Red Bull announcements only make the lack of LBT announcements more conspicuous! You'd wonder where they're going to get more acts to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

MattD wrote: »
    All these Casa Bacardi and Red Bull announcements only make the lack of LBT announcements more conspicuous! You'd wonder where they're going to get more acts to play it!

So is Redbull taking over the rave in the woods??? Klock is a serious announcement. Happy days :-)

• Advertisement

Probably should have read that better I thought it was XXYYXX playing after his cancelled show. Not bad either way

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Does anybody agree that it would have made more sense on the organisers part to put Wu Tang Clan or MBV headlining on the Friday night and given Fatboy Slim the traditional dance act slot after Bjork on the Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Raglans playing the second stage at 1pm on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Ben Klock boiler room is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Does anybody agree that it would have made more sense on the organisers part to put Wu Tang Clan or MBV headlining on the Friday night and given Fatboy Slim the traditional dance act slot after Bjork on the Saturday night?

Sure Le Galaxie late on the saturday in B&S wilk fulfill my late night dancy needs. Support our own / buy Irish and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Tkts arrived and have just checked my tent, sleeping bag and chair are in working order after last year from still being in the boot of my car since I left stradbally last year. We are good to go lads!

lol, i have cheap red bulls in my fridge from last year :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Does your name have to match the name on your ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

Do day ticket holders get access to the Rave in the Woods on Sunday night does anyone know?

• Advertisement

he's playing somewhere in the UK on Saturday night.

Advertisement