Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

MadYaker wrote: »
    Does your name have to match the name on your ticket?

No. Only some rare events enforce that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

How far is it from Portlaoise town?

I have done a bus via Bus Eireann website.
    Depart Sligo on Friday 30th.
    Selected 'Mid-week return (Not valid Fri, Sat or Sun)'

Price per adult is 32.30.

Then the shuttle bus for 5€ EW from Portlaoise to EP
    Friday 30th August

Portlaoise Train Station - Electric Picnic 07:00am-11:00pm (every 30 minutes)

Electric Picnic - Portlaoise Train Station 12.30am-03:00am
    (every 30 minutes)
    Monday 2nd September

Electric Picnic - Portlaoise Train Station 06:00am-15:00pm
    (every 30 minutes)

So total is €42.20.(Including Return Bus from Sligo, and return Shuttle Bus)

Anyone see anything wrong with why I cant do that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Toast wrote: »
    No. Only some rare events enforce that.

true but any issues with tickets or lost wristbands will mean you will have no recourse unless your name was on your ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lanaloverxxx

hi.is anyone on here selling an elecrtic picnic weekend camping ticket from either laois ,kilkenny or dublin city.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

mcw92 wrote: »
    How far is it from Portlaoise town?

I have done a bus via Bus Eireann website.
    Depart Sligo on Friday 30th.

I went down from Sligo last year via Bus Eireann, pure hassle so it is. Got to Longford, then the connecting bus to Athlone had left so we were put in a taxi to Athlone (payed for by Bus Eireann). Then hung about Athlone till getting a bus to Portlaoise. Finally got a Taxi out to Stradbally for a fiver then. A great adventure, but I'm fairly sure that Fureys organize a bus to go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

got a distinct feeling that will all change this year as it didnt work out as they planned last year with the in and out flows for daytrippers, can see one enterence for day away from campsites straight to arena, and salty dog, woods all closed off from them with checks at the few gates into the woods and campsites

Last year there was thorough checks between the camp site lanes, daytrippers were not allowed into the Salty Dog nor Algorhtyhm stages after the main stage closed down. I seen this myself, day trippers being turned away by security just before the Salty Dog stage. Why is this not stressed in the day ticket T&Cs.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

was listening to Ryan Vail today, quite like them, downtempo electronica/techno with a vocalist. Playing the Body & Soul main stage on Sunday night:

Saw them at Body&Soul festival, a nice pastoral ambient sound with break beats and cool synths, Ryan I think sings vocals and there is a girl who plays gorgeous flute over all the ambience, worth checking out, I think they are from Derry.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Any idea of a bus from mullingar. I've always had terrible luck with getting the wrong bus and ending up all over the country! I spent ages looking but not sure what bus to look out for.. I want to get there as early as I can if possible :)
    Also would it be wise to book tickets for the bus in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The person wearing the cow hat in the Ryan Vail Body and Soul video looks like a serious ride ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

hi.is anyone on here selling an elecrtic picnic weekend camping ticket from either laois ,kilkenny or dublin city.thanks

They are still on sale are they not? Hoping to buy mine on payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MattD wrote: »

pity to see the organisers slapping another brand name onto a stage, first it was Bacardi now it's Red Bull...and the rave in the woods of all things...but I know it's a business and they are skint so I suppose without the likes of Red Bull we might not have had the rave in the woods this year. Still sad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

forecast for second half of next week according to met eireann!!!

Trend : Signs are more encouraging that mainly dry, bright, mild weather will develop, bringing more in the way of sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

roll wrote: »
    forecast for second half of next week according to met eireann!!!

Trend : Signs are more encouraging that mainly dry, bright, mild weather will develop, bringing more in the way of sunshine

IMO still too early to be weather watching, no point in stressing yourself out about it, prepare for the worst and we'll be pleasantly surprised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

how would i be stressed with EP on in a weeks time.... it is reasonable to forecast adequately up to ten days in advance so i'll go with met eireann for now! good weather does make a difference but in saying that dancing to the specials in a deluge at oxegen 07 (?!) is probably one of my best festival moments ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I wouldnt trust any forecast in this country that is more than two days out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Last year there was thorough checks between the camp site lanes, daytrippers were not allowed into the Salty Dog nor Algorhtyhm stages after the main stage closed down. I seen this myself, day trippers being turned away by security just before the Salty Dog stage. Why is this not stressed in the day ticket T&Cs.

why would you think youd be allowed stay after the main stage closed, the woods isnt part of the main festival, its a campsite area more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I like MT Crainium's forecast for the end of the month check it out

MONDAY-TUESDAY ... Partly cloudy, generally dry but some isolated showers possible mainly in Connacht and west Ulster, west to northwest breezes resuming at 30-50 km/hr and lows 6-9 C, highs around 19 to 21 C for most.

FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Warmer and at times very warm towards the end of the month. Some highs in the low to mid 20s likely by end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

pity to see the organisers slapping another brand name onto a stage, first it was Bacardi now it's Red Bull...and the rave in the woods of all things...but I know it's a business and they are skint so I suppose without the likes of Red Bull we might not have had the rave in the woods this year. Still sad though.

Why is it a pity? Who cares? Tons of people have been asking endless questions about the "Rave in the Woods" for the past few months with mind-numbing regularity and now that it is announced you see fit to moan that it is done so with the sponsorship of a brand. A brand, as it happens, that has had involvement with EP going back to the very early days.

I have no involvement whatsoever with EP, Red Bull or any associated companies and will be a happy punter for the weekend but come on people, don't get so caught up in pettiness.

No festival, club or association ANYWHERE can survive without commercial assistance, it is the World that we live in so unless you are prepared to pay twice as much for your ticket to go to a "pure" festival you will have to "put up or.....whatever the alternative is :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Tickets....yay! Slight sigh of relief too.

So excited now.:D

Meltybrains? are a nice, zany addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

rebelreded wrote: »
    Why is it a pity? Who cares? Tons of people have been asking endless questions about the "Rave in the Woods" for the past few months with mind-numbing regularity and now that it is announced you see fit to moan that it is done so with the sponsorship of a brand. A brand, as it happens, that has had involvement with EP going back to the very early days.

I have no involvement whatsoever with EP, Red Bull or any associated companies and will be a happy punter for the weekend but come on people, don't get so caught up in pettiness.

No festival, club or association ANYWHERE can survive without commercial assistance, it is the World that we live in so unless you are prepared to pay twice as much for your ticket to go to a "pure" festival you will have to "put up or.....whatever the alternative is :-)

+1 if it gets them the money to put the show on then so be it.

I heard that they are gonna pull back on the friday night entertainment to cut costs...anyone else know anything about this or is it just rumors??

Also, anyone know what the campsite set up is like, same as other years?? No sign of a map on the website.

8 days and counting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Rumour has it we are getting...........cupcakes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

sadie06 wrote: »
    Tickets....yay!
    Meltybrains? are a nice, zany addition.

Didn't know they were playing. Saw them supporting God Is An Astronaut in Vicar St. last winter. Their style is diverse to say the least!

redbull stage at oxegen for years got some of the best indie acts in , very well run stage, will do great things for the woods, its getting bigger each year and the stage needs to grow with it

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Anyone arriving later on the Friday than usual due to the scaling back of acts on Friday? I'd say arriving at 15.00 would be too late to get a decent spot.

Buses from galway are ludicrous. I could only find 3. One leaves galway at 8.30 which is far too early if you plan on keep going until 5am without chemical persuasion. Bus eireanns one leaves at 12 which is too late. Only one that leaves in between is €50 which I'm not paying out of principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

kwat wrote: »
    Do day ticket holders get access to the Rave in the Woods on Sunday night does anyone know?

The rave in the woods is just at the bottom of the Oscar Wilde campsite so I doubt it, sneak into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Anyone arriving later on the Friday than usual due to the scaling back of acts on Friday? I'd say arriving at 15.00 would be too late to get a decent spot.

Buses from galway are ludicrous. I could only find 3. One leaves galway at 8.30 which is far too early if you plan on keep going until 5am without chemical persuasion. Bus eireanns one leaves at 12 which is too late. Only one that leaves in between is €50 which I'm not paying out of principle.
    arriving at 3 would be fine i reckon. we usually arrive around lunchtime and there's loads of space.

if i hadn't already booked all Friday off work, i'd take a half-day and arrive down a bit later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Bacardi are offering vouchers of €5.50 off ready made cocktails:

http://woobox.com/qm7rcd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

if i hadn't already booked all Friday off work, i'd take a half-day and arrive down a bit later this year.

i'm the same, and thinking of switching to a half day. i cant remember what time i left last time or what the traffic was like.

If one were to leave Dublin at say 3, at a guess, what time do you think you would hit the campsite at ? (sleeping in the van, so no tent worries :cool: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Tr One are on from 9-10 on friday night, well worth checking out. Also playing some nice disco on the jerry fish stage from 2-4 that night

Colm K, Barry Redsetta, Tu Ki, New jackson & of course Ben klock been added are after making me very happy

Advertisement