Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

kevc2 wrote: »
    Bacardi are offering vouchers of €5.50 off ready made cocktails:

http://woobox.com/qm7rcd

link no worky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

denisstack wrote: »
    Didn't know they were playing. Saw them supporting God Is An Astronaut in Vicar St. last winter. Their style is diverse to say the least!

Fr
    Meltybrains?
    Tuesday at 16:52 ·
    So... the organisers at Electric Picnic have told us we're not playing once, but TWICE!

Both performances will be on the Block T stage in the Body&Soul Village - 10pm on Friday night and 11:20pm on Sunday night. Each set will contain completely different material too. We're very excited x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Worked for me, I thought it was a voucher for the Bacardi bar damn it. Oh well, gf might want a bottle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

notnumber wrote: »
    link no worky

That's weird, works for me. It linked here:
    https://www.facebook.com/Bacardiireland?sk=app_174961479209942&app_data=dlt-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Sunday tickets are now sold out. Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

really wasnt expecting that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I just checked. They're still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Shocked by that, but I'd imagine Arctic Monkeys are a huge draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Confirmed on the EP facebook page.
    Electric Picnic

12:12 (9 minutes ago)

SUNDAY TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

There are a limited number of weekend tickets available, snap them up now and avoid disappointment!

1186244_10151816536954168_1534649909_n.png

21Like · · Share

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I just checked. They're still available.
    yep, even now 25mins later they're still available....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

All gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just tried there now and nope, none available.
    That's a great vote of confidence for the picnic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

per day breakdown here for those still asking for it. Note that stages and times are NOT known yet.

edit: Just realised, it's not up to date and doesn't include recent additions...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Wow Ben Klock playing will be savage, but does this mean neutronyx are not involved in the rave in the woods anymore? Kind of **** that there will be no psytrance stage if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

miller82 wrote: »
    i'm the same, and thinking of switching to a half day. i cant remember what time i left last time or what the traffic was like.

If one were to leave Dublin at say 3, at a guess, what time do you think you would hit the campsite at ? (sleeping in the van, so no tent worries :cool: )

I'd say you'd be at the car park/caravan camping for 5/530.

It doesn't take long to get down at all and the traffic management system is usually very good.

The only thing is that you might hit a bit of traffic on a Friday afternoon with people leaving Dublin for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mad that Sunday tickets are sold out - when was the last time that happened this far in advance? (I know it's just over a week but would still imagine it's been a few years). Jim Carroll was predicting a few weeks ago that it'd be close to selling out and thought he was being overly optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Jim Carroll is always on the ball with stuff like ticket sales etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

are there any obvious quicker angles into the carpark? say if you came at stradbally from the carlow side?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Still waiting on tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sunday ticket people annoy me....with their enthusiasm, cleanliness, impeccable hair and overall freshness....when I'm looking and feeling like ****e after fri & sat!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Wow Ben Klock playing will be savage, but does this mean neutronyx are not involved in the rave in the woods anymore? Kind of **** that there will be no psytrance stage if that is the case.

Psytrance was absolute muck and for such a unique stage it deserved better. Last year was quality and made the most of it, hopefully this year will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

roll wrote: »
    are there any obvious quicker angles into the carpark? say if you came at stradbally from the carlow side?

car parks are all on the portlaoise side, except for family camping, so not really. You could take the first left in stradbally (opposite dunnes pub) and head out the timahoe rd (passing the family camping entrance) and go to timahoe, turn right in the village, keep going until moneycross then right again there heading back towards stradbally and the car parks. The roads are crappy enough although a shorter route than going to the roundabout before portlaoise and via the signposted route that takes you to moneycross anyway. There are some backroads but they are probably more hassle than they're worth if you don't know the area, especially if traffic isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I honestly haven't a notion who Ben Klock is, but everyone's positive energy is getting me hyped up!

I can't remember Meltybrains? being announced, and they're not on the lineup poster!? Is there something I'm missing?

Heineken Coldrooms sounds very inviting...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

roll wrote: »

easier if you come from kilkenny side and drive thru Castlecomber....avoid all dublin traffic and avoid Abbeyleix completely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Rfrip wrote: »
    Sunday ticket people annoy me....with their enthusiasm, cleanliness, impeccable hair and overall freshness....when I'm looking and feeling like ****e after fri & sat!!!
    Always reminds me of this cat.

268503.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

You sure?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I imagine the entire weekend is close to selling out?
    Serious media hype this year, every time I turn on the radio there's an add or EP competition. Every one knows about it, particularly ppl who wouldn't dream of going.
    I remember coming home from the earlier EP's telling ppl about it, they were like "EP, what's that?"

Ha ha was chatting to a guy in work about the EP, telling him it was the tenth year. "Is there not tents every year...?" Face palm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

No Spill Blood are playing the Block T Stage, Body and Soul, Sunday 10pm, be there or be square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I imagine the entire weekend is close to selling out?
    Serious media hype this year, every time I turn on the radio there's an add or EP competition. Every one knows about it, particularly ppl who wouldn't dream of going.
    I remember coming home from the earlier EP's telling ppl about it, they were like "EP, what's that?"

Ha ha was chatting to a guy in work about the EP, telling him it was the tenth year. "Is there not tents every year...?" Face palm!!
    I think the ticket promotions got people who were undecided off the fence too for weekend tickets. My ticket was seventy euros cheaper then other years. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

IN anyones opinion will i be able to get a weekend ticket on Tuesday (payday)?

Advertisement