Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,895 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And it was in 2012, according to the date at the very bottom of the page :-(

And since I wrote that, Bus Éireann have updated their EP services for 2013, and are now running a service from Galway too.

Someone asked about Mullingar - Irish Concert Travel are calling there.

And Letterkenny, sorry I haven't spotted any services from Donegal. Will let you know if I do.

All I know about listed here: http://news.galwaytransport.info/2013/08/bus-coach-transport-to-electric-picnic-2013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

arriving at 3 would be fine i reckon. we usually arrive around lunchtime and there's loads of space.

if i hadn't already booked all Friday off work, i'd take a half-day and arrive down a bit later this year.

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Well at least she got a song out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I wonder did it happen at all I'd be a bit suspect of anyone that spells their name First name wrong. Could she just be fishing fora free ticket, gig etc at EP?

Thats very cynical.......however, now that I think about it........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thats very cynical.......however, now that I think about it........

How do you mean she spelt her first name wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sorry I meant the guy selling the ticket!!

Sorry I meant the guy selling the ticket!!

I kinda assume she was just given a fake name. Couple of versions of Johnathan too I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mkm75

i'm lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Mr.S wrote: »
    Weekend tickets are nearly sold out too apparently.

Any source I can point people to for that?

Eod100 wrote: »

I meant that its a scam for a freebie but suppose if it was it would be the digital equivelant of hopping the fence

• Advertisement

Mkm75 wrote: »
    i'm lonely

Would say keep an eye on toutless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Toast wrote: »
    Any source I can point people to for that?
    toast, source is official ep facebook page

Electric Picnic
    9 hours ago
    SUNDAY TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

There are a limited number of weekend tickets available, snap them up now and avoid disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

There are a limited number of weekend tickets available, snap them up now and avoid disappointment!

They would say that though wouldn't they!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

SmallBalls wrote: »
    They would say that though wouldn't they!

They probably say it because it true. Or do you believe there is an unlimited number available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mkm75 wrote: »
    i'm lonely!

I think the only way you can get a Sunday ticket at this stage is get really good at an instrument, write a hit and hopefully get asked to play!! ;) done deal is full of wanted ads doesn't seem to be any for sale!
    You might be better off biting the bullet and buying a full weekend ticket, couple of genuines selling them at €150, I seen one touting c**t looking for €270 per ticket!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I think the only way you can get a Sunday ticket at this stage is get really good at an instrument, write a hit and hopefully get asked to play!! ;) done deal is full of wanted ads doesn't seem to be any for sale!
    You might be better off biting the bullet and buying a full weekend ticket, couple of genuines selling them at €150, I seen one touting c**t looking for €270 per ticket!

haha good luck to the person selling it for 270, could get a weekend tickets and have money left over for a few pints for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Lemsiper wrote: »
    do you believe there is an unlimited number available?

Obviously not, but the whole "snap them up now and avoid disappointment" is classic hard sell a week before the event.
    I hope the whole thing does sell out as it creates a great vibe for the weekend and would bode well for the future of the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

toast, source is official ep facebook page

Grand. I'd seen and retweeted that but just thought it might have been more inside info than that or an official statement I'd missed as it seemed to be a very confident post is all. I fully believe the tickets are probably on the verge of selling out but I'm always on the lookout for any info that might mean someone takes the plunge while the tickets are available rather than have to resort to a tout later. Having another source to backup the official one (which is often taken to be hype) helps convince people they need to get the finger out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Does anybody know how strict they are with ids?? Anybody know of anyone who was turned away for being under 18? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Was up in Halfords L. Valley yesterday to buy a 3-4 man tent for €100, they are totally sold out of tents. Asked your man had the other stores around the area got any, the nearest branch with the tents in stock were Sligo & Letterkenny. Thats me fooked! Even had a goo in Argos they were sold out as well.

Apart from the Great Outdoors etc is there another shop that sell decent tents, for a decent price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

miller82 wrote: »
    you're not going to get a decent reply to that. everyone is totally guessing

I'll say yes.............that is based on very little

There is a great camping shop beside the Jervis Shopping centre, great deals on tents,chairs,camping etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Announcing 'The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow' Programme.
    FRIDAY
    Midnight procession of sideshow performers ring in "Together Disco" 12 Midnight - 4am
    SATURDAY
    Naoise Roo 4:30 - 5:00
    Colm Mac con lomaire 5:15 - 5:50
    The Lost Brothers 6:05 - 6:45
    Mick Flannery 6:55 - 7:35
    Jerry Fish feat. R.S.A.G with Special Guest Lisa Hannigan
    Sideshow Finale 7:50 - 8-:30
    Silent Movie Theatre / The Kilo 1977 + Special guest DJ's Incl. The Golden Maverick 8:30pm - 1:00am
    The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow feat. R.S.A.G
    1:00am - 2:30am followed by "Together Disco" Part II
    SUNDAY
    Gavin James 4:30- 5:00
    The Freakles 5:15 - 5:50
    The Gavin Glass Band 6:05 - 6:45
    Cathy Davey 6:55 - 7:35
    The Hot Sprockets - Sideshow Finale 7:50 - 8-:30
    Silent Movie Theatre / The Kilo 1977 + Special guest DJ's Incl. Sally Cinnamon 8:30 - Midnight
    The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow feat. R.S.A.G Midnight - 1:30am followed by "The End of The World Party"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Was up in Halfords L. Valley yesterday to buy a 3-4 man tent for €100, they are totally sold out of tents. Asked your man had the other stores around the area got any, the nearest branch with the tents in stock were Sligo & Letterkenny. Thats me fooked! Even had a goo in Argos they were sold out as well.

Apart from the Great Outdoors etc is there another shop that sell decent tents, for a decent price?

I picked up a 6 man and a 2 man tent yesterday in Argos in Dundrum. It was the only tent I could find in Argos anywhere in Ireland. They've loads of 2 man tents but they can be very small but still a back up option!

You could try sportsdirect.com they've some good prices - they do next day delivery so if you order today it should get there in time for next weekend.

53Degreesnorth in Carrickmines (The Park) do tents as well. They have a 5 man for €172.50 on their website

http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/departments/filter/camping/family-tents.html

Just saw that Halfords said they had some in Sligo/Letterkenny. Could you not ring and ask them to get it delivered from there to your nearest store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

There's a decent camping shop in the square in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

There were 3 man tents in Tesco Nutgrove when I was in the other day.

As said above, Capel Camping is probably your best bet. Ring around, tents out there fo' so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just tried there, still available on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

maximoose wrote: »
    Fantastic :)

If you have a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

JJ wrote: »