Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

paddyh117 wrote: »
    It's not sold out - you can still buy tickets on ticketmaster

Oh well, probably not the first time a PR agency has gotten something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gary at black house

Hey Folks, never read the boards before but was curious to see the buzz in this thread. Never been to Picnic before but heard great things.

There was some talk of scammers on previous pages. I was scammed a couple of weeks ago on Donedeal, the guy got 6 other people on the same day. Looking back at the situation I was just as much a fool as he was. On my end, I purchased a "pig in a bag." On his end, he used full name, bank acc. and phone number. I hope he had fun with the grand or so he made, because I imagine he wont be having too much fun in the near future.

I'm a musician myself and luckily came in to some gig money last week that at least makes up for my idiocy. Still hopeful for a ticket and of course, an enjoyable Picnic with all of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just announced its sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Jim Carroll seems to be saying that press release is their official PR firm. My thinking is if they've released it early it is either by design (it'll self fulfill itself) or accident in which case they must be pretty close to the brink of selling out. I wouldn't take the risk of holding out much longer if you were hoping to get one from Ticketmaster.

edit: now saying sold out on Ticketmaster. Probably a few backed up in the pipes by people checking if its sold out. Keep hitting ticketmaster to see if a few free up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

now sold out all weekend on ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God that's mad! A few months back we didnt even think the picnic would go ahead never mind sell out!

This time next week....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

This bodes well for the future of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Will there be tickets for sale next week on adverts/done deal etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/heinekencoldrooms1

Ice cold H-Bombs, all over it

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Man they will be snapped up, if you have a mate selling tie him down untl you have the cash lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Have they not reduced the capacity from 35k to 25k?

Was the total attendance not around the 25k mark last year?

I know of several people who planned to buy their ticket on the day or a few before post payday - this fecks them up along with many others I'd imagine...

Don't know why they wouldn't just keep selling if the above info is correct (please feel free to correct me)...

I know of several people who planned to buy their ticket on the day or a few before post payday - this fecks them up along with many others I'd imagine...

Don't know why they wouldn't just keep selling if the above info is correct (please feel free to correct me)...

Official press release says 35K sold out, last year was rumoured about 22k If I remember correctly

I heard last year had close to 10k tickets unsold so maybe thats what you're thinking of. Dont know what the official capacity is this year but if they made an application for a certain number they can't just increase it a week to go as there'd be things like Gardai staffing levels to consider etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't know if it is or not, but if they have reduced capacity then you would imagine every aspect of planning for the festival (ie infrastructure, security, staff, concessions and even the financials etc) would have been based on that capacity figure. If that figure has been reached, it'd be silly to keep selling tickets.

I'm delighted it has sold out after all the talk of it being in trouble, hopefully as prev posters have said it bodes well for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id imagine they are bound to the capacity they originally set out. If they were to consciously go above capacity they would need a new License to hold the event.

At an event this big that costs as much as it does in tickets and attending there will always be a few people who will decide they can't afford to go at the last second (as well as the usual sickness, injury, work, other reasons).

Any band cancellations between now and next week as well as weather forecasts for the festival and the run up weather will probably also affect the supply and demand.

Always a good idea to keep hitting up ticketmaster as well as some will magically find their way back onto the system for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Toast wrote: »
    At an event this big that costs as much as it does in tickets and attending there will always be a few people who will decide they can't afford to go at the last second (as well as the usual sickness, injury, work, other reasons).

Any band cancellations between now and next week as well as weather forecasts for the festival and the run up weather will probably also affect the supply and demand.

Always a good idea to keep hitting up ticketmaster as well as some will magically find their way back onto the system for various reasons.

Speaking of which :(http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Stradbally+EIXX5372:1:EI

Although you can't really forecast with any great acuracy for any time longer than 5 days. That site is normally quite good though.

Official press release says 35K sold out, last year was rumoured about 22k If I remember correctly

Fair enough.. good for the festival, **** one for my mates w/out tickets hah!

It will be interesting to see if the increase in numbers is that noticeable from last year 'on the ground'.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Speaking of which :(http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Stradbally+EIXX5372:1:EI

Although you can't really forecast with any great acuracy for any time longer than 5 days. That site is normally quite good though.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

This site is better!

Looks reasonable. Touches of light rain but good lots of sunshine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Absolute disaster. Cannot get mmy ticket till tuesday/payday. Is there any hope for me? any hope at all lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Absolute disaster. Cannot get mmy ticket till tuesday/payday. Is there any hope for me? any hope at all lol

Yes, there are loads for sale on adverts.ie

There is always hope but if the sun starts splitting the stones your chances will drop a lot. Your best chances will be the Thursday night Friday morning as that's when people who've tickets for friends who then cancel on them realise they need to shift them quickly. Don't get desperate though and start taking risks and sending cash off to people blindly. Always insist on meeting them for the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I see an asking price of €700 on adverts.ie for two weekend tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

This site is better!

Looks reasonable. Touches of light rain but good lots of sunshine too.

Ha, we shall keep searching until we find the forecast that we are happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Just booked Monday and Tuesday off work yesterday for it. Well ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone looking for a ticket try www.toutless.ie

This Heineken Cool rooms sounds unreal.

Anyone know of supermarkets doing cheap Ken?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

be wary about buying from non official outlets, so many got shafted at Phoenix and Oxegen buying tickets off people and the tickets were cancelled, unless you know the person I wouldnt risk it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I've paid for my ticket, but haven't yet recieved them. Beginning to panic.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I've paid for my ticket, but haven't yet recieved them. Beginning to panic.

If you bought them from ticketmaster there is pretty much nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario is that they will be reissued to be picked up on site (which is a pain but not really a massive problem). If you've nothing by the Wednesday morning call them then and ask where they are.

Advertisement