Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Are security checks strict going in? Sniffer dogs? ETC

There were sniffer dogs last year

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86011368&postcount=4072

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

This Heineken Cool rooms sounds unreal.

Anyone know of supermarkets doing cheap Ken?

Got mine in Tesco the other day. €18 for a 12 pack of cans. Bought 3.

Gonna be straight arm drinking lovely cold H-Bombs all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I picked up 24 for €28 three weeks ago in Tesco. Thought I'd have come across another offer in the interim for variety. I really wish I'd picked up a couple of trays at the time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

There are still ways to get tickets, provided you are relatively fit. You won't be able to raise all of the money in a week though, you'd surely end up paying for most of it yourself, so it's an expensive option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Got mine in Tesco the other day. €18 for a 12 pack of cans. Bought 3.

Gonna be straight arm drinking lovely cold H-Bombs all weekend

Nothing like a bit of Vitamin K to ease the pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

This Heineken Cool rooms sounds unreal.

Anyone know of supermarkets doing cheap Ken?

they don't want you to realise their beer is mank so they cool it to almost freezing point to kill any taste ;)

I was in Tesco (Cork) last week and they had some offer on the H stuff, it was on 8 pack cans I think, no deals on slabs.

they don't want you to realise their beer is mank so they cool it to almost freezing point to kill any taste ;)

I was in Tesco (Cork) last week and they had some offer on the H stuff, it was on 8 pack cans I think, no deals on slabs.

Blasphemy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think the discounts were the deal-sealer for it selling out, hope they have the same discounts next year!

Get out

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Shout Dust wrote: »

I would say checks last year weren't that different to other years in the recent past. Sniffer dogs may have been around at some point, but far from all weekend.

Last year, I was prepared for serious security due to the Swedish House Mafia incidents but didn't notice any significant change as I've said.

Not sure if that will change with POD being out this year and MCD basically running the whole show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

James Murphy and Sh1t Robot DJing in the Sugar Club the night before EP. Organisers, make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think the discounts were the deal-sealer for it selling out, hope they have the same discounts next year!

Yeah hopefully! I really doubt it would be sold out a week in advance if it wasn't for all those lovely €150 weekend tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Eod100 wrote: »

Definitely the only reason it sold out. Unless Celtic Tiger 2 ("The Tigering") has kicked off again by the time they announce EP 2014 ("10th birthday 2: The... Birthdaying(?)") they'll probably follow a similar pricing scheme next year but I wouldn't be surprised if the window for super cheapies is much more limited (and pre Christmas) this time around. They might also be stricter on the requirements to prove you've gone before. I reckon they were fairly lax on that this year thanks to the delay in the announcement and the mess they made of putting a system in place to prove you've been before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Ahhh no...I'm the only one of my mates with a ticket. Looks like I'll be going by myself! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Toast wrote: »
    Definitely the only reason it sold out. Unless Celtic Tiger 2 ("The Tigering") has kicked off again by the time they announce EP 2014 ("10th birthday 2: The... Birthdaying(?)")

"EP 2014, The actual 10th Birthday, because we got a marketing team that can count"

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

slaneylad wrote: »

I hate this kind of bull****. Boo Touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I've paid for my ticket, but haven't yet recieved them. Beginning to panic.

Check you haven't opted for the print-your-ticket option. I had, and forgot. Was wondering when the ticket would arrive. :o

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Ahhh no...I'm the only one of my mates with a ticket. Looks like I'll be going by myself! :/

you can sell me your one if you like :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

you can sell me your one if you like :P

Good effort :)...sure I'll just have to make friends down there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

sound cellar and the likes sold out too? could be a last port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

James Murphy and Sh1t Robot DJing in the Sugar Club the night before EP. Organisers, make it happen!

James Murphy would be a great addition. He was fantastic last year and also at B&S earlier this year.

Unfortunately he is in the UK on the Friday (http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?504040). So really it is unlikely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

James Murphy played a very tame set at B&S. was quite disappointed.

any word on drink restrictions coming back into the festival from the car after you have your band?

like they did at B&S....

i know they say 48 cans but they clamped the **** down on that at B&S

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

garrkell wrote: »
    James Murphy played a very tame set at B&S. was quite disappointed.

any word on drink restrictions coming back into the festival from the car after you have your band?

like they did at B&S....

i know they say 48 cans but they clamped the **** down on that at B&S

I agree about James Murphy at B&S festival, he played a really boring generic techno set with Madonna remixes, Donal Dineen afterwards blew him off the stage. As far as I know about drink restrictions nothing has changed with EP, as I asked the very same question on their facebook page, 48 cans per person, no strict checking whether when you received your wristband and you can bring 4 cans per person into the main arena after 11 pm when the bars shut.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Anyone know if I should get Mass the Saturday night or Sunday morning? Love a good Mass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Re Sold out...Is it worth calling into the ticketmaster outlets themselves e.g tickettron in tallaght or are they all tied into the main ticketmaster database?

Anyone know if I should get Mass the Saturday night or Sunday morning? Love a good Mass!

They say Father Clippit does a good long mass. Three hours he does, on a good night. Since his stroke. That's value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

They say Father Clippit does a good long mass. Three hours he does, on a good night. Since his stroke. That's value for money!

two collections or one??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

notnumber wrote: »
    Re Sold out...Is it worth calling into the ticketmaster outlets themselves e.g tickettron in tallaght or are they all tied into the main ticketmaster database?

It's all tied into one big database.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Im going to pray for a ticket evr nite before I go to sleep

Advertisement