Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

I know melekalikimaka mentioned it but bring Sunscreen :cool:
    A bit of wishful thinking never hurt anyone:D:D

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’99..If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jaysus Adverts and Toutless are gone crackers with people looking for tickets.

Obviously a lot of people leaving it to the last minute to buy and got burned.

Got mine off of toutless but its an e-ticket so I hope to **** its real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just to be nerdy, pretty sure alcohol actually cools you down and that ''beer jacket'' stuff isn't true! :P

Your natural reaction to being cold is to restrict blood flow to the skin of the arms/legs to keep your core body and head warm. Booze stops that happening so yeh you'll feel warmer but your body will be losing more heat than it wants to. I've had it at festivals that around about 4/5am I'll suddenly wake up shivering like crazy thanks to this. If you've a good jumper on though after the sun goes down you'll be grand... just don't lose it or your mother will be so so angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

denisstack wrote: »
    You can get cheap "B-Active" in Tesco for about €2.50 and they're the same thing. They can only help with the hangover!

Any help at all is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

cson wrote: »

Tell me about it:

eptraffic.png

All I want to do is play Saints Row 4 goddamnit. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

cson wrote: »

Obviously a lot of people leaving it to the last minute to buy and got burned.

Got mine off of toutless but its an e-ticket so I hope to **** its real.

Yeah it's mad, good few people looking for them on EP's fb page too. So it went from what 10k tickets unsold last year to completely sold out this year? Mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

keep taking activated charcoal tablets over the weekend and your hangovers will me drastically minimized
    Stuff is magic i tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Maybe I'm being a little Naive but in the past we just bought some in the booth down there near the entrance. I have two myself but I'm just wondering will that be the case this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Etizolam is the only job for hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

denisstack wrote: »
    Or a can for breakfast, dodgy territory there though!

last year on the Sunday morning the classy ladies in the tent beside us shared paté and crackers with us for breakfast, all washed down with lashings of merlot...every morning it was an alcoholic beverage for breakfast...this year I am bringing dioralyte and I plan to take it with lots of water during the day..it can only help compared to last years debacle :o

• Advertisement

Rewind83 wrote: »
    keep taking activated charcoal tablets over the weekend and your hangovers will me drastically minimized

where can you get that stuff? Over the counter in a pharmacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Rewind83 wrote: »

Do you have a link of where to buy them? I searched for them the other day online but couldn't find them. Thanks

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah it's mad, good few people looking for them on EP's fb page too. So it went from what 10k tickets unsold last year to completely sold out this year? Mad!

and no sign of The Killers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

kevc2 wrote: »
    Do you have a link of where to buy them? I searched for them the other day online but couldn't find them. Thanks

http://www.sona.ie/activated-charcoal-190.html

Lemsiper wrote: »

one of the claims: "Can help alleviate symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, flatulence and diarrhoea"

However I read one of the side effects could be diarrhoea too, imagine :eek:
    Folks, maybe take a few early next week as a trial run, you don't want the trots at EP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Lads Diorolyte is the only man for the job. Berroca wont work on an industrial strength hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Activated Charcoal
    I buy them in either the pharmacy or holland and barretts (or some other health food shop) for a pack of about 60 of em its approximately 9 euro

Take a few in the afternoon, a few before you start drinking properly and a few the next morning with a good bit of water an presto-your back to your old self

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

You can do a 10k run. All you is donate 210euro and do a 10k run (max an hour) and you get your three day camping ticket.

http://www.give2go.ie/event/95

I would add this to your list:

Chair - for sitting purposes
    Antibacterial hand gel - you do not want the trots at the picnic
    DIOROLYTE - Cannot stress this enough
    Bin Bags
    Dry shampoo - if you're a fella, this will bring the ladies flocking to your tent
    Torch - unless you want to break an ankle falling over a tent peg at 4 in the morning when you are wankered
    Pringles - good way to make friends with the neighbours, sure its nice to be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Bin Bags
    Dry shampoo - if you're a fella, this will bring the ladies flocking to your tent
    Torch - unless you want to break an ankle falling over a tent peg at 4 in the morning when you are wankered
    Pringles - good way to make friends with the neighbours, sure its nice to be nice

Also where do you buy DIOROLYTE ? In any chemist? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Bin Bags

TBH, that is the sole reason I bring pringles!

Also, the hot water bottle....when it's cold at night and you have a warm hot water bottle, this also brings ladies flocking to your tent.

behind the counter in the chemist. about €4 for 6 sachets. I recommend the blackcurrent flavour. easier to get down you. I be clinging to a cup of that like a life raft each morning, rocking backwards muttering "never again"

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Paul262 wrote: »
    TBH, that is the sole reason I bring pringles!

Also, the hot water bottle....when it's cold at night and you have a warm hot water bottle, this also brings ladies flocking to your tent.

Where do you get the hot water? chances of me finding somewhere to give me water at 5am when Im coming back from the Woods off my trolley sounds slim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tucker688 wrote: »
    You can do a 10k run. All you is donate 210euro and do a 10k run (max an hour) and you get your three day camping ticket.

http://www.give2go.ie/event/95

I'm confused by that - says ''What if I cannot raise any money for charity this year?

You can still take part, you will need to pay €210 for your ticket and cycle costs or just pay us €60 and get your ticket elsewhere.'' Do they mean running instead of cycle?

So someone could get a ticket for 210e and not have to cycle/run? :S Presume they get the tickets from EP for free?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Dioralyte is a must. Rehydrates really quick. Then the only symptom you have left is vomiting!

Where do you get the hot water? chances of me finding somewhere to give me water at 5am when Im coming back from the Woods off my trolley sounds slim

Well the catering vans usually charge for it, but if you pop up to any of them, and start chatting to a member of the opposite sex, I'm sure they'd appreciate the company when theyre bored out of their tree. Chances are, they'll give it to you for free.

Akin to 'Picnic time', everyone discovers they have a certain amount of 'festival charm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I find it very hard to believe that telling ladies you've brought a hot water bottle to a festival will have them flocking to your tent...

Just got some decent looking Karrimor camping pillows for €3 on sportsdirect. Just the booze to pick up now then I'm all set :)

maximoose wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe that telling ladies you've brought a hot water bottle to a festival will have them flocking to your tent...

You don't go around telling people you have a hot water bottle. That's ridiculous. It's subtly brought up in conversation when youre making your move to get her in your tent....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Your still have to run the 10k to get the ticket after you pay the 210

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Toast wrote: »
    Your natural reaction to being cold is to restrict blood flow to the skin of the arms/legs to keep your core body and head warm. Booze stops that happening so yeh you'll feel warmer but your body will be losing more heat than it wants to. I've had it at festivals that around about 4/5am I'll suddenly wake up shivering like crazy thanks to this. If you've a good jumper on though after the sun goes down you'll be grand... just don't lose it or your mother will be so so angry.

Tell me about it; used to wake up at shivering in my tent at Indie. My solution is thermals! Sounds great in theory but the practice of getting changed into them after I come back to the tent half cut is another thing. Needless to say though that Plan A to counter the coldness thing will be to have a member of the opposite sex in my sleeping bag huddling together for warmth... :pac:

Advertisement