Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Had a slight tent emergency, had to buy one today but hadn't been expecting to so budget was limited. Ended up getting one in Argos that seems like it should do, but might not hold up in heavy rain. Any tips on how to avoid/recover from any flooding? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Had a slight tent emergency, had to buy one today but hadn't been expecting to so budget was limited. Ended up getting one in Argos that seems like it should do, but might not hold up in heavy rain. Any tips on how to avoid/recover from any flooding? :o

put a sheet of tarpaulin on top or get waterproofing spray from halfords

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Your still have to run the 10k to get the ticket after you pay the 210

But why would people pick the more expensive option over this? :S

Paul262 wrote: »
    TBH, that is the sole reason I bring pringles!

Did this with the pringles last year along with a litre of Jager and a litre of Absinth that I brought back from Spain two days before. Dished it out to the neighbous in plastic champagne glasses and we all got s**t-faced like sirs.

Very popular neighbor on the first night. Not so much the following morning.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Eod100 wrote: »

I think the idea is you get people to sponsor you to do the 10k

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I think the idea is you get people to sponsor you to do the 10k

Ah yeah that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

it says 380e on the site

it says 380e on the site

Think that's if you're getting sponsored though! Then it's 210 if you want to pay it yourself. There's also a reduction for students but they've all the details on separate pages so tis confusing enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Its easy to say it, but put the tent up properly

-Make sure the tent isn't sagging anywhere once its up. It should be taut and all pegs stretching the tent outwards.
    -Use the guy lines they'll help the tent keep its shape.
    -Make sure nothing touches the sides of the tent from the inside as that'll draw the moisture straight through. If its a two layer tent make sure nothing touches the outside layer! This is vital and prob the most common cause of flooding.
    -Again sounds obvious but make sure you seal the zip properly with the flap on the outside.

You'd be surprised at how well a crap but properly put up tent can hold up to the weather!

Put your gear in black bags if you're really worried. At least you'll have dry clothes to change into.

Think that's if you're getting sponsored though! Then it's 210 if you want to pay it yourself. There's also a reduction for students but they've all the details on separate pages so tis confusing enough!

Sure thats handy altho I'd be wrote off for the weekend. maybe next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

last year on the Sunday morning the classy ladies in the tent beside us shared paté and crackers with us for breakfast, all washed down with lashings of merlot...every morning it was an alcoholic beverage for breakfast...this year I am bringing dioralyte and I plan to take it with lots of water during the day..it can only help compared to last years debacle :o

Sounds like good craic! I try to spend an hour drinking water and eating something before starting into the drink again. The last time I didn't do that at a festival it didn't end well.

Sure thats handy altho I'd be wrote off for the weekend. maybe next year.

The 10k run wouldn't be too bad! 80k cycle seems like a lot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its easy to say it, but put the tent up properly

-Make sure the tent isn't sagging anywhere once its up. It should be taut and all pegs stretching the tent outwards.
    -Use the guy lines they'll help the tent keep its shape.
    -Make sure nothing touches the sides of the tent from the inside as that'll draw the moisture straight through. If its a two layer tent make sure nothing touches the outside layer! This is vital and prob the most common cause of flooding.
    -Again sounds obvious but make sure you seal the zip properly with the flap on the outside.

You'd be surprised at how well a crap but properly put up tent can hold up to the weather!

Put your gear in black bags if you're really worried. At least you'll have dry clothes to change into.

The only problem I create sometimes is that I make my tent too taut and always struggle to zip it right round, all I can do is unpeg, use the zipper then and re-peg it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Can you link me to the 210e I know a few folks who might do it if it was 210e. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

one of the claims: "Can help alleviate symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, flatulence and diarrhoea"

However I read one of the side effects could be diarrhoea too, imagine :eek:
    Folks, maybe take a few early next week as a trial run, you don't want the trots at EP now.

Three immodiums on the Friday after a major evacuation, haven't had to poo at the last three festivals I have been at using this technique :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

You'll get a Tarp in a Euro shop handy enough, that'd do the job.

Any other Festival-Hacking tips from the seasoned veterans?

Can you link me to the 210e I know a few folks who might do it if it was 210e. Thanks

Yeah it's towards the bottom of this page. http://www.give2go.ie/event/95

I'd say get in touch with them to see if there's spaces/what the story is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

threein99 wrote: »
    Are these worth it ?
    If you believe they work. They're a placebo more than anything.

Yeah it's towards the bottom of this page. http://www.give2go.ie/event/95

I'd say get in touch with them to see if there's spaces/what the story is!

argh I'm sorted for a ticket since April, just gives a few people options, to be honest if people online are looking for 300-400 a ticket I'd rather see it go to charity than some greedy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Pace2008 wrote: »
    If you believe they work. They're a placebo more than anything.

The charcoal tablets help clear out your liver - charcoal is whats used in a and e for helping clear your liver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

If Le Galaxie's encore is anything like last years there's gonna be a landslide at the Body & Soul stage saturday night :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Rewind83 wrote: »
    The charcoal tablets help clear out your liver - charcoal is whats used in a and e for helping clear your liver

If they work they'd work by absorbing the booze before it got to your liver which is basically the same as drinking less. However according to wiki there are conflicting reports on what happens when taken with alcohol. One says it slows you getting drunk.. the other says it gets your drunker. Admittedly the tests aren't exactly following what your weekend might be like unless you plan to kick things off with 170ml pure ethanol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whatsthatsmell

i want to bring my old film camera with me, i'm leaving all the big stuff at home just bringing a cannon A1 with a 50mm lens ... will i have trouble getting in ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

cson wrote: »
    Jaysus Adverts and Toutless are gone crackers with people looking for tickets.

Obviously a lot of people leaving it to the last minute to buy and got burned.

Got mine off of toutless but its an e-ticket so I hope to **** its real.

How do ya know if an E-tickets real??? Is there any TM checker sites or can you check at your local outlet? Or that the seller hasn't printed it out and sold it multiple times??
    The killer thing about that is you will only know when your at the gate after packing traveling down etc etc.
    Ide be there as soon as gates open if I were you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

i want to bring my old film camera with me, i'm leaving all the big stuff at home just bringing a cannon A1 with a 50mm lens ... will i have trouble getting in ???

50mm should fit in the gates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I can't understand how people spend weeks planning who they're going to see, what they're going to wear, whether they'll take a campervan or tent yet can't organise a ticket for themselves. WHY?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

You'll probably be fine. I had a Nex which is a smaller MILC camera last year but had a 200mm telephoto in the bag and they said nothing. Hell I walked in with a zoom recorder last year and the security guy took it out of the bag... looked at it and put it straight back in. If they say anything say it is a hobby camera, show them it isn't digital and say the lens isnt even a zoom and you should be ok. They just don't want people walking in with stuff that can take photos good enough to sell.
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    How do ya know if an E-tickets real??? Is there any TM checker sites or can you check at your local outlet? Or that the seller hasn't printed it out and sold it multiple times??
    The killer thing about that is you will only know when your at the gate after packing traveling down etc etc.
    Ide be there as soon as gates open if I were you!!

The same can be said with any ticket that was bought online. It is easier for people to do it with etickets cause they can print out multiples but real printed tickets from ticketmaster can be cancelled too and should be treated equally suspiciously. There are no ways of checking officially that I'm aware of. Ticketmaster run their own resale operation which allows above face value selling (which they get a cut on) which guarantees ticket validity so they are unwilling to offer that advantage to others.

At Toutless we strongly recommend people meet in person and get some form of id with the persons address and take a note of it. Usually insisting on that is enough to dissuade causal fraudsters and if not you've something to go to the police with if there is a problem. The majority of the fraud we've had reported to us has involved people sending money blindly to someone online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Enjoying the first listen to Franz Ferdinand's new album, although I loved their last effort:confused:

Also picked up some 2 of Tiga's and Disclosure(still not loving them but determined to at least like them to give my saturday more options). Bought Little Green Cars there too, hoping it's as good as I've heard and saturday will be plenty to see.

This thread reads like an AA meeting:D Tempted to try the dioralite too!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

This thread reads like an AA meeting:D Tempted to try the dioralite too!

Nothing worse than a hangover in a tent. Wealth of experience here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Does anyone have any idea what time Disclosure & Ellie Goulding will be playing on the saturday? I'm volunteering that day (in return for a weekend wristband) until around 8p.m.

Will they be finished by then?

Advertisement