Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21321&start=36
    Not a member of the forum, but those that are apparently see the log as the all knowing all seeing. So based on that...

the log
    Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:30 pm

not looking good dudes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

code-06.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Not a member of the forum, but those that are apparently see the log as the all knowing all seeing. So based on that...

the log

not looking good dudes

that's it then people. he PM'd me in late February saying it was definitely going ahead and now this. fuuuuuu. hope it's back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm remaining stubbornly optimistic until I hear anything official..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm remaining stubbornly optimistic until I hear anything official..

Me too! I've witnessed 'all seeing' types being wrong on forums before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

reckon thats it fecked then...:(
    the log always has info way before anyone else..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Even if it does go ahead I'm sure it would be a watered down EP at this stage, nothing on the scale of before. Maybe it's for the best if they do take a year out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

the log

not looking good dudes

The Log broke the news that Oxegen was cancelled last year months before it was announced. That poster is in the know and has been spot on about various gigs the last few years. They knew about the Blur gig about a month ago. I would take that news as gospel :(

Lumbo wrote: »
    The Log broke the news that Oxegen was cancelled last year months before it was announced. That poster is in the know and has been spot on about various gigs the last few years. They knew about the Blur gig about a month ago. I would take that news as gospel :(

Don't suppose he/she knows next week's lotto numbers by any chance? :P

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me from believing him, is that its not something being said by a lot of people. (I also really want a proper summer Irish festival!)

There's another poster on the EP forum who usually has a good idea on the acts that are going to be announced. He said it wasn't looking positive last week. Look these posters could be wrong but in the past they've been spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Lumbo wrote: »
    There's another poster on the EP forum who usually has a good idea on the acts that are going to be announced. He said it wasn't looking positive last week. Look these posters could be wrong but in the past they've been spot on.

Well he (the Log) did say Radiohead was playing EP last year or the year before, the year Pulp was announced. He got that wrong but a lot of things he said came true.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well he (the Log) did say Radiohead was playing EP last year or the year before, the year Pulp was announced. He got that wrong but a lot of things he said came true.

No, they didn't.

Exactly my point about being sceptical!

In anycase, if EP is not on this year, Bestival in the UK is a great alternative.

Would love to do Bestival, the problem is I have been working at the last two EPs and the advanced volunteering was easy going stuff for a weekend of fun. Bestival would work out expensive for me, factoring in buses, planes, boats, festival ticket, tent etc plus all the volunteering positions will be gone since thats been announced a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Would love to do Bestival, the problem is I have been working at the last two EPs and the advanced volunteering was easy going stuff for a weekend of fun. Bestival would work out expensive for me, factoring in buses, planes, boats, festival ticket, tent etc plus all the volunteering positions will be gone since thats been announced a while now.

You can volunteer with Oxfam, though that is usually during the festival (with maybe one shift before the music starts). I've done a few festivals with them (including Bestival) and it's been really good fun.

More info here http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Stewarding

Applications won't open for another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

Body & Soul have in the last few days updated their EP volunteer page which now includes a list of volunteer positions and links to apply. A glimmer of hope?

Body & Soul have in the last few days updated their EP volunteer page which now includes a list of volunteer positions and links to apply. A glimmer of hope?

Yeh just spotted that in the EP forum too, just applied for volunteer festival set up the week before the festival. I see on EPs facebook page that some guy got a confirmation that tickets go on sale on April 1st, maybe an elaborate April Fool joke but maybe the launch has been moved to then, well hopefully so anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

theres also volunteer work with FR @ Ep and a number of other irish and UK gigs. They fill up pretty quickly but handy work if you can swing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Sinead O'Connor please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Realistically hes getting his info from a mate that works with one of the promoters, so ever the chance its all bull****:)
    he actually works for POD himself from what I remember.

Hard to know what to believe at this stage will all the rumours floating about..

Wish they'd just come out with a definite answer once and for all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Either way, whatever about all the rumours, we know that the promoters are in debt from the last two festivals. We know that the usual pre-sale before Christmas has not taken place, and we know that the announcement of headliners is already late, if it is to happen at all. The lack of communication from the promoters is only compounding the issue for everyone.

At this stage, they have already lost potential gig goers to Longitude, Blur, FF, as well as losing some to smaller festivals that people have decided to go to instead.

With Oxegen apparently still to be announced, it seems that their potential choice of artists will dwindle yet further. As such, it seems highly unlikely that we are going to be told, on Tuesday morning, that it was actually all a giant marketing ploy, and Daft Punk are headlining. The festival, for this year at least, is dead. Get plans sorted for another festival while there are still tickets available.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

That's surprising, I can't imagine they are too happy with that as they take leaks / info released before press releases seriously.

Sometimes guerilla marketing is the best way to get people prepared for an announcement like this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It kinda reminds me of Sonisphere last year at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Either way, whatever about all the rumours, we know that the promoters are in debt from the last two festivals. We know that the usual pre-sale before Christmas has not taken place, and we know that the announcement of headliners is already late, if it is to happen at all. The lack of communication from the promoters is only compounding the issue for everyone.

At this stage, they have already lost potential gig goers to Longitude, Blur, FF, as well as losing some to smaller festivals that people have decided to go to instead.

With Oxegen apparently still to be announced, it seems that their potential choice of artists will dwindle yet further. As such, it seems highly unlikely that we are going to be told, on Tuesday morning, that it was actually all a giant marketing ploy, and Daft Punk are headlining. The festival, for this year at least, is dead. Get plans sorted for another festival while there are still tickets available.
    :(

Fooking Hell Oasis_Dublin why dont we just all top our selves right now!!!

I'm not 100% or even 30% sure EP13 will go ahead? Buts lets look at the facts;

1: We know MCD more or less have a share in the EP now. If the EP wasn't going ahead surely they would insist on announcing it ASAP to divert as much of the lost revenue to the other MCD events.

2: Losses were reported for the 2010 & 2011, recessionary times! but there aren't any financial reports for the 2012 festival, surely they're clever enough to prevent losses for a third year in a row??

3: Early bird/Loyalty tickets (Cheap Tickets). You can imagine some pure *un* business person saying "Loyalty tickets?? we have a cult following, why give them cheaper tickets when we know there going to go regardless!"

4: Lack of communication could just be a master stroke? uncertainty creates demand the eventual relief & a happiness to settle with 'what ever we can get' . I think Oxegen are playing along to this, not showing their hand too early? (but I bet both didn't count on the extra mini festivals popping up this year?)

5: Just because they haven't announced the line up doesn't mean they haven't booked anyone! The picnic usually has a unique & diverse line up, they only need 2-3 of the larger retro acts as headliners, the rest can usually do multiple appearances inc. Oxegen etc. its not unusual for an act to play Oxegen, electric picnic & then do their own smaller gig in Dublin a couple of weeks later.

Hope to see you there:rolleyes:!!!!!.......?

hoping and PRAYING that EP's on this year, gunna stay positive until we hear definitely either way!
    As for who i'd like to see, i'm thinking...
    Swim Deep
    Peace
    Arctic Monkeys (i know they're a bit 'oxegen' but one can hope!)
    Haim
    Palma Violets
    Howler
    Foals
    Odd Future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

iseultman wrote: »
    hoping and PRAYING that EP's on this year, gunna stay positive until we hear definitely either way!
    As for who i'd like to see, i'm thinking...
    Swim Deep
    Peace
    Arctic Monkeys (i know they're a bit 'oxegen' but one can hope!)
    Haim
    Palma Violets
    Howler
    Foals
    Odd Future

Well if the line-up turns out anything like that I hope It's not going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Fooking Hell Oasis_Dublin why dont we just all top our selves right now!!!

I'm not 100% or even 30% sure EP13 will go ahead? Buts lets look at the facts;

1: We know MCD more or less have a share in the EP now. If the EP wasn't going ahead surely they would insist on announcing it ASAP to divert as much of the lost revenue to the other MCD events.

2: Losses were reported for the 2010 & 2011, recessionary times! but there aren't any financial reports for the 2012 festival, surely they're clever enough to prevent losses for a third year in a row??

3: Early bird/Loyalty tickets (Cheap Tickets). You can imagine some pure *un* business person saying "Loyalty tickets?? we have a cult following, why give them cheaper tickets when we know there going to go regardless!"

4: Lack of communication could just be a master stroke? uncertainty creates demand the eventual relief & a happiness to settle with 'what ever we can get' . I think Oxegen are playing along to this, not showing their hand too early? (but I bet both didn't count on the extra mini festivals popping up this year?)

5: Just because they haven't announced the line up doesn't mean they haven't booked anyone! The picnic usually has a unique & diverse line up, they only need 2-3 of the larger retro acts as headliners, the rest can usually do multiple appearances inc. Oxegen etc. its not unusual for an act to play Oxegen, electric picnic & then do their own smaller gig in Dublin a couple of weeks later.

Hope to see you there:rolleyes:!!!!!.......?

I though their share was 30%? It's certainly not a majority share anyway. MCD are doing enough damage, with their own entirely run events, to the potential tickets sales for EP.

Clever enough to lose 2.1 million in two years and then turn over a profit in the third, but not clever enough to turn things around between the first two years?!:D

All festivals have gimmicky things like that; increases good feeling towards the festival. It would be unpopular for them to get rid of the early bird just like that, but I suppose that's not saying they definitely won't do so.

In that case, why not announce the festival the day before and charge 1 billion Irish pounds for tickets. #facetious

They may well have booked people, but there aren't the usual leaks that we see at this stage. One band (I think) has said they are playing, and I think it was The Coronas (or one of those Irish bands anyway).

I'll be the geezer in the Oasis t-shirt, you can buy me a pint... in 2014, when the festival is back on. Oooooooooooooooooooh:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I though their share was 30%? It's certainly not a majority share anyway. MCD are doing enough damage, with their own entirely run events, to the potential tickets sales for EP.

Clever enough to lose 2.1 million in two years and then turn over a profit in the third, but not clever enough to turn things around between the first two years?!:D

All festivals have gimmicky things like that; increases good feeling towards the festival. It would be unpopular for them to get rid of the early bird just like that, but I suppose that's not saying they definitely won't do so.

In that case, why not announce the festival the day before and charge 1 billion Irish pounds for tickets. #facetious

They may well have booked people, but there aren't the usual leaks that we see at this stage. One band (I think) has said they are playing, and I think it was The Coronas (or one of those Irish bands anyway).

I'll be the geezer in the Oasis t-shirt, you can buy me a pint... in 2014, when the festival is back on. Oooooooooooooooooooh:eek:
    It was the Strypes I think.

Whatever about it going ahead, early bird tickets are good for cash flow anyway. It would be silly to get rid of them. Lets say they sell 1,000 early birds, in the big scheme of things they're not losing anything to get these out there.

So whats the line up for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

So whats the line up for this.

It's not happening.

Advertisement