Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Its easy to say it, but put the tent up properly

-Make sure the tent isn't sagging anywhere once its up. It should be taut and all pegs stretching the tent outwards.
    -Use the guy lines they'll help the tent keep its shape.....

You see the amateurs using full length guy lines most likely someone will trip and fall on your tent or trip tearing the guy rope + taking a big clunk of tent!!
    Fold the guy ropes in half and pin them almost at the perimeter of the tent base, this will give enough tension to keep the shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Nothing worse than a hangover in a tent. Wealth of experience here

Stop, waking up to a disgustingly warm tent + throbbing headache + cotton mouth ain't the nicest! Chugging what you thought was water but turns out to be vodka doesn't help either! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

Mistakenly bought a family camping ticket (only realised when my ticket arrived today), will I be able to camp in the normal campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Na Laiterik Paiknik.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Nothing worse than a hangover in a tent. Wealth of experience here

After last years early morning tent heat I'm determined to stay cool this year (hopefully the weathers ok)
    Roasting in the tent, but ok/cool when outside, so this year I'll be armed with a fan prob about 70mm diameter from the €2 shop, 1m long ducting (the really light type they use with a ceiling fan) & a duct tape. Air conditioned tent!!

Also have x10 foil thermal sheets, gonna chill the beer wrap it up in the thermal sheets and leave in the car boot, have the rest in the tent in case it gets cold 2011 (I think) was very cold.

All I need are some Pringles, hot water bottle and dry shampoo and "I'll have the ladies" striping as they're flocking to my tent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    After last years early morning tent heat I'm determined to stay cool this year (hopefully the weathers ok)
    Roasting in the tent, but ok/cool when outside, so this year I'll be armed with a fan prob about 70mm diameter from the €2 shop, 1m long ducting (the really light type they use with a ceiling fan) & a duct tape. Air conditioned tent!!

Also have x10 foil thermal sheets, gonna chill the beer wrap it up in the thermal sheets and leave in the car boot, have the rest in the tent in case it gets cold 2011 (I think) was very cold.

All I need are some Pringles, hot water bottle and dry shampoo and "I'll have the ladies" striping as they're flocking to my tent :)

Love the thermal sheet idea. Where would I find some - other than ram raiding the order of Malta tent?

Also, as a lady I will be found frantically wandering the campsite, looking for fat frog. Should be easy to find, he'll be singing " my pringles and shampoo bring the girls to my yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Love the thermal sheet idea. Where would I find some - other than ram raiding the order of Malta tent?

Also, as a lady I will be found frantically wandering the campsite, looking for fat frog. Should be easy to find, he'll be singing " my pringles and shampoo bring the girls to my yard

Esky/cooler box is the best way to keep the beers cool, they sell bags of ice

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Rewind83 wrote: »
    keep taking activated charcoal tablets over the weekend and your hangovers will me drastically minimized
    Stuff is magic i tells ya

Picked up some in Holland and Barrett yesterday , never used them before so expecting miracles !!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

cson wrote: »
    You'll get a Tarp in a Euro shop handy enough, that'd do the job.

Any other Festival-Hacking tips from the seasoned veterans?

Remember that cans of beer are very heavy and warm up very quick!

A good way of getting drink into the arena is to buy a drink in there, keep the cup, and just top it up with your own stuff when you go back to your camp. Works best with spirits, security don't bother if you've an official cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciaranhickie

I will not request/sell tickets on this thread.

• Advertisement

Ha ha love it!!! if you can't hear me singing you won't miss the red carpet c/w bouncer & red rope!!:D Don't worry I'll ensure "beansybeansy" is on the list!

Have a cooler box, its just warm beers tend to melt ice very fast! Will pre cool the beers and wrap them in the foil keep them in the boot. Bought the foil primarily to keep warm, its a x10 pack so will have spares for the beer!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Emergency-Thermal-Foil-Blanket-204cm-x-140cm-Qty-x-10-/330605750629

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ha ha love it!!! if you can't hear me singing you won't miss the red carpet c/w bouncer & red rope!!:D Don't worry I'll ensure "beansybeansy" is on the list!

Have a cooler box, its just warm beers tend to melt ice very fast! Will pre cool the beers and wrap them in the foil keep them in the boot. Bought the foil primarily to keep warm, its a x10 pack so will have spares for the beer!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Emergency-Thermal-Foil-Blanket-204cm-x-140cm-Qty-x-10-/330605750629

I appreciate that! Will clean me wellies before I rock up, dress code and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

cson wrote: »
    You'll get a Tarp in a Euro shop handy enough, that'd do the job.

Any other Festival-Hacking tips from the seasoned veterans?

Anyone have any experience with one if these? Solar shower http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/vango-solar-shower-silver.html

If you fancy a laugh get on some of the websites where people are trading tkts. People are getting hysterical for tkts. Gas reading some of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

If you fancy a laugh get on some of the websites where people are trading tkts. People are getting hysterical for tkts. Gas reading some of it

as usual, people get into a frenzy when they realise they can't have something, only a while back they could have had tickets for between €150 and €180.

as usual, people get into a frenzy when they realise they can't have something, only a while back they could have had tickets for between €150 and €180.

Exactly, the hype has started. People think they are missing out on something. Still, I got the 3 year loyalty tkt and doubt i will have €100 less craic than those who are overpaying

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Got myself a pack of Berocca just this evening in Tesco's; I'm volunteering with one of those crowds that does the coffee / tea on-the-go in the mornings with the big tanks of hot water on their backs.
    Hafta get up to work at 7am so I reckon those little orange-tablets are my only hope of surviving! :P

Speaking of Tesco, the one here in Maynooth still has loads of camping tents and equipment, if you're willing to take a gamble with them.

Also, looking for some more recs for stuff to check out, so far I'm interested in / am already into;
    Clinic, Braids, Warpaint, Matthew E. White, Ana Gog, Le Galaxie, CHRVCHES, Last Days of 1984, Blondes, Mano Le Tough

Prefer to see a variety so open to any genres really. Any Italo-disco style acts at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Some people are trying to sell for €350 per ticket!!! :eek:

Feel bad for people who missed out, but on the other hand it is hopefully a good sign for the picnic and it will be back again next year.

Roll on next week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

The money being looked for, and presumably being paid given the clamour of people willing to meet the asking, on Adverts is ****ing insane.

You can deal me out @ 350 quid a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

bought two tickets yesterday for €350, to say I feel lucky is an understatement
    /wipes brow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

sdgbt wrote: »

Feel bad for people who missed out, but on the other hand it is hopefully a good sign for the picnic and it will be back again next year.

Don't. They had 6 months to purchase them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

murdog! wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with one if these? Solar shower http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/vango-solar-shower-silver.html
    Do you plan on standing there in the buff in the middle of the campsite pouring cold water all over yourself? Just pay the tenner or whatever it is for a proper shower or, better yet, follow the example of the vast majority and just embrace the muckiness for a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

sdgbt wrote: »

Kinda feel bad for people too cos seemed like the only warning that tickets were limited was yesterday when the Sunday ones sold out.. Before then I kinda assumed if it was going to sell out it'd be a few days before it started.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

True. And with the installment plan thing, it was actually fairly manageable. Did that for the first time this year, and it worked out great

I had to miss a couple of picnics for different reasons though, and it is the worst feeling ever sitting at home when you know it's all going on. Just all came back to me and felt bad for them I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I didn't have a job 6 months ago! I do now and was hoping to buy one on payday. Does that make me an arsehole?? It didn't sell out last year and considering the legal implications and the fact that it was touch and go EP would go ahead this year would it not be a unreasonable assumption that one might be able to still buy tickets.
    I wish I could be smug right now in the comfort of caressing my much sought after ticket right now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I didn't have a job 6 months ago! I do now and was hoping to buy one on payday. Does that make me an arsehole?? It didn't sell out last year and considering the legal implications and the fact that it was touch and go EP would go ahead this year would it not be a unreasonable assumption that one might be able to still buy tickets.
    I wish I could be smug right now in the comfort of caressing my much sought after ticket right now. :(

I know a good few people stuck in this position, no fun at all.
    Lets go Woodstock 1969 - everyone gets in for free. TAKE DOWN THE FENCES!

Mince Pie wrote: »

I dont think anyone is calling people arseholes. Its more a commentary of people allowing themselves to be ripped off. I have missed plenty of gigs in the past due to unemployment, illness or purely just a gig selling out but would baulk at paying some opportunist double face value for any gig.

Genuinely hope you find a ticket and congrats on the new job

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Check out #electricpicnic on twitter! Everybody is looking for tickets!

Wait till Thursday night/Friday morning and there will be people itching to flog tickets for face value or less. I know last year wasn't a sell out but people really wanted rid of their tickets on the Thursday evening so I got 2 at a very reasonable price as was just back from holidays so wasn't sure if I was going or not. Saved €50 overall I think. Happened at one of the Oxegens (which was a sell out) I went to a few years back too. Got a last minute ticket for less than face value. Also happened for one or two concerts around the country. Its like booking a last minute holiday. Be prepared to go the day beforehand and start hunting DD, Adverts, Toutless etc.

I agree that it will be a great weekend but these are not like sporting tickets where there is potential to witness history being made and the price of a ticket will only go up and up. Its only a music festival and it happens every year! Screw touts and there extortionate ticket prices! Just keep an eye on adverts, DD, toutless etc over the next few days and you'll get your tickets.

BTW, I already have mine, just letting people know that ye still have a good chance spending next weekend picnicing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I dont think anyone is calling people arseholes. Its more a commentary of people allowing themselves to be ripped off. I have missed plenty of gigs in the past due to unemployment, illness or purely just a gig selling out but would baulk at paying some opportunist double face value for any gig.

Genuinely hope you find a ticket and congrats on the new job

Its just really gutting cos I had the money to buy the ticket this weekend and was waiting on friends to get back to me about camping gear. All mine went up in flames and couldn't afford to buy ticket and camping stuff. Friend got back to me hours after it sold out to say they had spare camping stuff.
    I could honestly cry right now.
    FWIW, lesson learnt. Easier to buy the ticket and sell it.

Advertisement