Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Don't. They had 6 months to purchase them.

Got my ticket for €100(€150 loyalty and €50 back through work social club member) . Wouldn't sell it for any money. Can't wait to be back wandering around stradbally fields, f*cked, with a silly smile on my head, talking to myself :-) happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Its just really gutting cos I had the money to buy the ticket this weekend and was waiting on friends to get back to me about camping gear. All mine went up in flames and couldn't afford to buy ticket and camping stuff. Friend got back to me hours after it sold out to say they had spare camping stuff.
    I could honestly cry right now.
    FWIW, lesson learnt. Easier to buy the ticket and sell it.

Could try see if there's still space on Tour de Picnic 10k run - just have to pay 210 for a ticket then and do the run!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Got my ticket for €100(€150 loyalty and €50 back through work social club member) . Wouldn't sell it for any money. Can't wait to be back wandering around stradbally fields, f*cked, with a silly smile on my head, talking to myself :-) happy days.

Similar I'm a poor student but managed to get the 150 together, wasn't sure if I could actually go or not, but just got it while it was as cheap as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Don't. They had 6 months to purchase them.
    A good-sized group of us went to Piccy last year and most of us bought our tickets in the week before the event. My best mate and his girlfriend only bought his on Friday evening; they weren't planning on going but he couldn't bear to be sitting at home in Dublin while everyone else was off partying.There are people who won't fully appreciate the weekend who have tickets, and there are huge music fans and championship-winning sessioners who might not get to go. I can't see how you couldn't empathise with the latter, even if they should have planned things better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

This'll be my 4th picnic. Every year I've bought my ticket the day before....

Except this year, I bought it in May for 150 quid. :D

Keep an eye out for people who can't make it during the next week though. AND BUY EARLY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

I didn't have a job 6 months ago! I do now and was hoping to buy one on payday. Does that make me an arsehole?? It didn't sell out last year and considering the legal implications and the fact that it was touch and go EP would go ahead this year would it not be a unreasonable assumption that one might be able to still buy tickets.
    I wish I could be smug right now in the comfort of caressing my much sought after ticket right now. :(

Have been there, and it is crap. Hope you manage to get tickets

Pace2008 wrote: »
    A good-sized group of us went to Piccy last year and most of us bought our tickets in the week before the event. My best mate and his girlfriend only bought his on Friday evening; they weren't planning on going but he couldn't bear to be sitting at home in Dublin while There are people who won't fully appreciate the weekend who have tickets, and there are huge music fans and championship-winning sessioners who might not get to go. I can't see how you couldn't empathise with the latter, even if they should have planned things better.

I empathise entirely I had similar experience with Longitude, but having said that many music bloggers had been predicting it being a sell-out and seriously why didn't they snap up the earlybirds, They were saving at least 80e....if you couldn't go you could still have sold it face value. I am gutted for them as it is lining up to be a very special weekend. But I harassed mates into buying tickets even bought one their ticket. They are chuffed to bits now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I really hope everyone who wanted to go to EP before it sold out manages to buy a ticket

These people who are going manic over going now are annoying me though, simply a case of people wanting what they can't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Do you plan on standing there in the buff in the middle of the campsite pouring cold water all over yourself? Just pay the tenner or whatever it is for a proper shower or, better yet, follow the example of the vast majority and just embrace the muckiness for a weekend.

Never mind lugging about the 20 litres of water to fill it.

Its just really gutting cos I had the money to buy the ticket this weekend and was waiting on friends to get back to me about camping gear. All mine went up in flames and couldn't afford to buy ticket and camping stuff. Friend got back to me hours after it sold out to say they had spare camping stuff.
    I could honestly cry right now.
    FWIW, lesson learnt. Easier to buy the ticket and sell it.

I said it earlier, people will plan everything except the ticket in advance. It's like booking accommodation in a foreign country, buying all your holiday clothes and then arriving at the airport and saying "Right I'd like two tickets to Buenos Aires please. Huh? What do you mean they're sold out?"

• Advertisement

I said it earlier, people will plan everything except the ticket in advance. It's like booking accommodation in a foreign country, buying all your holiday clothes and then arriving at the airport and saying "Right I'd like two tickets to Buenos Aires please. Huh? What do you mean they're sold out?"

At the same time though when was the last time EP sold out? Has to be a few years! I know people should have prob realised with the discounted tickets there'd be more sold but even still gotta allow people some slack! There's always gonna be people who decide to go last minute sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

wonder when they'll have info on the soul kids arena? hoping for a something different this year, although we love it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

You might have read my earlier post about only recently being employed. I am usually the most organised person ever. So much so its a running joke.
    Unfortunately my own camping gear went up in flames and my friends who are on holiday or other didn't realise the "urgency" of my request. Nor did !.

But hey, we're all just flakes who can't get our **** together. :rolleyes:

You might have read my earlier post about only recently being employed. I am usually the most organised person ever. So much so its a running joke.
    Unfortunately my own camping gear went up in flames and my friends who are on holiday or other didn't realise the "urgency" of my request. Nor did !.

But hey, we're all just flakes who can't get our **** together. :rolleyes:

That's fair enough. They didn't ask me for proof of tent when purchasing though. You could still have bought a ticket with or without camping gear, no?

[QUOTE

But hey, we're all just flakes who can't get our **** together. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Stop being so hard on yerself it is a rookie mistake.

Eod100 wrote: »
    At the same time though when was the last time EP sold out? Has to be a few years! I know people should have prob realised with the discounted tickets there'd be more sold but even still gotta allow people some slack! There's always gonna be people who decide to go last minute sure.

I agree, and I've bought mine for previous years on a whim but I would have to hold my hands up if it had sold out and I didn't have it. Also, pretty much every festival has sold out this year. Sea Sessions, Longitude, Indiependence etc.

That's fair enough. They didn't ask me for proof of tent when purchasing though. You could still have bought a ticket with or without camping gear, no?

I am perplexed as to where its mentioned I have to prove I have camping gear?
    But I believe that it is being mentioned to be facetious.

A week before EP when you realise you have the money for a ticket but not the camping gear and also reading through the thread you might have noticed people struggling to buy.
    Sod it, I couldn't afford both, I waited for friends to get back to me to let me know if they had room or spare camping stuff. In hindsight I should have bought the sodding ticket but didn't want to be left with one that I either couldn't sell, would be loads of hassle to sell, or most importantly tortuous to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I can't believe the thievin' bastards on DD looking for €700. Hate that ****.

Swanner wrote: »

That could have been me if I hadnt of waited to hear from my friends about the camping situation! Not being able to go but quids in.

You could do a weekend in Barcelona for €700!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This'll be my 4th picnic. Every year I've bought my ticket the day before....

Except this year, I bought it in May for 150 quid. :D

Keep an eye out for people who can't make it during the next week though. AND BUY EARLY.

Im the exact same, last few years ive bought it the week of it, this year I bought it the morn the discount tickets went on sale. Thank god

Hope everyone who hasn't got their ticket on here manages to get one for face value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Agreed, its pure greedy and there is no need for it. True EP fans selling tickets wouldn't scam people for money like that.

I too am a previous EP goer with no ticket. Due to the **** circumstances of this country my boyfriend has no job, so I had been offering to buy his ticket for months and said that he could pay me back, but he wouldn't have it. He finally got some money as a gift yesterday and we were gonna buy our tickets when we woke up to discover it was sold out. I spent the majority of my day scanning the usual seller websites, have sent loads of texts, and have gotten nowhere. But I'll try remain optimistic! I'd rather not go than give those greedy gits more than 220 for a ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It'd be unfortunate if their numbers were to end up signed up to lots of random crap.
    Most unfortunate.

I too, despise people like this.

I agree, and I've bought mine for previous years on a whim but I would have to hold my hands up if it had sold out and I didn't have it. Also, pretty much every festival has sold out this year. Sea Sessions, Longitude, Indiependence etc.

Dunno about Sea Sessions but pretty sure Longitude and Indie both sold out on the weekend of the festival tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Exactly, the hype has started. People think they are missing out on something. Still, I got the 3 year loyalty tkt and doubt i will have €100 less craic than those who are overpaying
    If Fatfrogs condom bursts on Saturday night i'll buy your ticket off ya next year when your at home changin nappies:)

there will be plenty of tickets floating around during the week..keep an eye out on the usual sites..www.toutless.com has made our day quite a few times..never got a chance before so big thanks to Toast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Do you have to pay to use the showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Do ye reckon there is any chance of James Murphy playing the picnic seeing as he'll already be in the country? He has done a lot of stuff with Red Bull Music Academy and he would blow the place apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Do ye reckon there is any chance of James Murphy playing the picnic seeing as he'll already be in the country? He has done a lot of stuff with Red Bull Music Academy and he would blow the place apart!

He'd be Dropping Bombs yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DamoYoung

Did you's all know there is no Crawdaddy stage this year?? I'm a little gutted, so many great gigs in that tent. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

I wad just looking at Gumtree and DD and there are new ads for tickets from between 150-250 per ticket for the most part. There are some for the 300-350 mark (which i agree is extortionate) but not most! And i couldnt see anyone looking for 700 for a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

nocoverart wrote: »
    He'd be Dropping Bombs yo!

I love you!

Advertisement