Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea think its about 8-10 quid?

There's no charge for the showers in the Jimi Hendrix campsite. Can be a bit of a queue in the mornings but they're hot and does wonders in clearing the hangover!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

dulux99 wrote: »
    Doesn't actually say anything about them selling cans though.

They must not have got a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

They must not have got a licence.

They always get a license. The off-license booking link isn't active yet, it will be published this week.

http://electricpicnic.ie/alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Apologies for the repost but does anyone have any idea what time Ellie Goulding & Disclosure are playing at on the saturday? I know exact times aren't out but will it be before or after 8p.m do people reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

kwat wrote: »
    There's no charge for the showers in the Jimi Hendrix campsite. Can be a bit of a queue in the mornings but they're hot and does wonders in clearing the hangover!

Could have sworn I paid, but hey I could be wrong, possibly gave some randomer €5!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Also, just a quick reminder for people. With the picnic been sold out just be careful when purchasing tickets online. I was working with ticket scan at Slane and the amount of times that 'Already Used' or 'Refunded' showed up was incredible and you will not be permitted entry if this does happen. Don't pay online and make sure you have all the details of the person you are buying from.

Looking forward to the weekend. It'll be my first time. I have worked at the previous two Vantastival festivals (A small scale electric picnic i'm told) and really enjoyed the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Apologies for the repost but does anyone have any idea what time Ellie Goulding & Disclosure are playing at on the saturday? I know exact times aren't out but will it be before or after 8p.m do people reckon?
    Disclosure, after.
    Ellie Goulding, depends on where she's playing. if it's the main stage, she would be on before Bjork and Two Door Cinema Club, which would probably be around 8ish. If Robert Plant is on the main stage too though, then she'll definitely be on well before 8. could have Kodaline on the main stage too though, so it's possible she could end up playing at like 4pm or something...
    if she's on another stage, it will probably be around 8 or after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peach123

If you're camping and bringing your own drink, how much spending money would you need for the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

peach123 wrote: »
    If you're camping and bringing your own drink, how much spending money would you need for the weekend?

Depends how much you plan on eating? and how much you plan on drinking in the arena or at all?
    it's really hard to know tbh without knowing you personally.

I'm bringing all of my drink and a fair amount of food and €150 euro, I expect to get by comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

peach123 wrote: »

Food is between €5-10 a go. You'll probably want to be eating at least twice a day. Pints are normally €5, cocktails are €8 (I think). So it's totally up to you, but about €100 should do it. You could obviously survive on less though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

SV wrote: »
    Depends how much you plan on eating? and how much you plan on drinking in the arena or at all?
    it's really hard to know tbh without knowing you personally.

I'm bringing all of my drink and a fair amount of food and €150 euro, I expect to get by comfortably.

What food are you bringing? I can't think of anything outside of bars and crisps and maybe a few apples. Want to try and eat somewhat healthy so the body holds up for the weekend so I'll probably end up buying some stuff there, I assume there's somewhere to do things like smoothies or soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Shout Dust wrote: »
    What food are you bringing? I can't think of anything outside of bars and crisps and maybe a few apples. Want to try and eat somewhat healthy so the body holds up for the weekend so I'll probably end up buying some stuff there, I assume there's somewhere to do things like smoothies or soup?
    baguettes! you can buy sausage or rashers and chugg them in for brekkie or of course crisp rolls are filling enough!
    cereal bars are great as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of check's are done on camper vans? Say would someone be able to stow away a couple of bottles of refreshing beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Shout Dust wrote: »

Baguettes basically, same kind of thing I brought to Oxegen just gone.

Breaded chicken fillets, cooked and then let go cold (if you put them in the roll whilst warm they'll get soggy over the days due to the steam and heat) then throw them into the baguette. If you wrap the roll in clingfilm and then tinfoil it will stay incredibly fresh for the length of the festival.

Also, Cooked sausages and rashers, let go cold after cooking them(same deal with the steam) and bring them in a lunchbox or similar (or make them into the sandwiches yourself already) and same deal with clingfilm and tinfoil.

That, along with all the crap like crisps and few bits of chocolate keeps ya going easily enough! Also the sausages and rashers when thrown into a bap or some bread, absolutely unreal hangover cure.
    If you like your mayo or ketchup try and get the little sachets of it to bring with you, easy to transport around and adds a bit of flavour to what will otherwise be pretty dry!

Not particularly healthy or anything but then again, you're at a festival and probably drinking a considerable amount..I wouldn't be too worried about healthy!

edit: can't stress this one enough, BRING BANANAS. The potassium will help your muscles a lot after a long day of walking and/or jumping around and ensure they don't cramp up(which is the last thing you want when you're half hungover lying in an overheated tent)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Watching Foals at Reading now on BBC 3 and can't help but notice they have no tour dates for next weekend! Am I being too optimistic dreaming of a big late announcement from EP? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any word on a weather forecast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Does anyone know if BBQ's can be brought into the campsite? From the website:

The following items may not be brought in to the arena: Alcohol, drinks bottles or cans, camping equipment, disposable barbeques. Sealed water bottles 500ml and under and food for personal consumption may be brought in to the arena.

It doesn't mention the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

MadYaker wrote: »
    Will they take my bottles of buckfast?

Hollow out a loaf of bread and stick in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

SV wrote: »
    Baguettes basically, same kind of thing I brought to Oxegen just gone.

Breaded chicken fillets, cooked and then let go cold (if you put them in the roll whilst warm they'll get soggy over the days due to the steam and heat) then throw them into the baguette. If you wrap the roll in clingfilm and then tinfoil it will stay incredibly fresh for the length of the festival.

Also, Cooked sausages and rashers, let go cold after cooking them(same deal with the steam) and bring them in a lunchbox or similar (or make them into the sandwiches yourself already) and same deal with clingfilm and tinfoil.

That, along with all the crap like crisps and few bits of chocolate keeps ya going easily enough! Also the sausages and rashers when thrown into a bap or some bread, absolutely unreal hangover cure.
    If you like your mayo or ketchup try and get the little sachets of it to bring with you, easy to transport around and adds a bit of flavour to what will otherwise be pretty dry!

Not particularly healthy or anything but then again, you're at a festival and probably drinking a considerable amount..I wouldn't be too worried about healthy!

edit: can't stress this one enough, BRING BANANAS. The potassium will help your muscles a lot after a long day of walking and/or jumping around and ensure they don't cramp up(which is the last thing you want when you're half hungover lying in an overheated tent)

Might cook up some rashers and sausages, breakfasts are always a pain in the ass to get at festivals with the queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

ok so when are they announcing The Prodigy for Saturday night their leaving it a bit late lads..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

ok so when are they announcing The Prodigy for Saturday night their leaving it a bit late lads..;)

Don't even plant the subtle idea in my head that there could be more additions cos then I'll be disappointed where there aren't any. It's sold out now, the line up is brilliant, the only announcements we'll be getting are stages and stage times and I'm quite content with that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I brought food last year and ended up eating none of it. The food stalls are just too good to pass up. On the Saturday and Sunday you would do anything for a hot meal aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

What food stalls there do you (plural) recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

cian68 wrote: »

The food is savage so really you won't go wrong...fab Thai places, amazing gourmet burgers n don't get me started on the chicken wings!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Pie Minister is the one regular one that I love but most change year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Love Pieminister, great soakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

There is nothing more romantic than sharing a pieminister / trying to keep your eyes open on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

That Irish pie group Pie Man are gonna be at EP this year too. They have a store in Temple Bar if anyone's ever been, lovely stuff. They stock all those delish Eight Degrees Irish craft beers too, go down well with a Beef & Guiness pie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

last year I enjoyed Sabo for some beautiful curry and the ostrich burger stall was great for...well, ostrich burger with the works.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Wing it, falafel place, tacos from the Mexican place, a place across fro the electric arena that does the most amazing steak sandwich I've ever had in my life, and then on the Sunday you have to have a pie minister, it isn't a picnic without it!!

Advertisement