Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

+1 for Saba, unbelievable Thai food, really looking forward to horsing into it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

+1 for Saba, unbelievable Thai food, really looking forward to horsing into it again!

Rathmullan House, Crab Linguine.

Just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Don't even plant the subtle idea in my head that there could be more additions cos then I'll be disappointed where there aren't any. It's sold out now, the line up is brilliant, the only announcements we'll be getting are stages and stage times and I'm quite content with that. :P

True.... it would make bad business sense to fork out another €100,000 for another headliner when it's sold out and don't need to improve the lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Any running order out yet ..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Shout Dust wrote: »
    What food are you bringing? I can't think of anything outside of bars and crisps and maybe a few apples. Want to try and eat somewhat healthy so the body holds up for the weekend so I'll probably end up buying some stuff there, I assume there's somewhere to do things like smoothies or soup?

Jus as an FYI, if you're into food, you can eat better and with more variety down at EP than the rest of the entire year. Ostrich burgers down to simple noodles/chips, and everything in between. Some of the best(and most welcome) tapas and paella and all sorts of other things are available, or have been previous years.

All based in the main arena too. You'll see it. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

So so so looking forward to this, have backpack packed and ready to rock with duplicate spare ready for the car boot in case of emergencies, beer is bought, just needs chilling and sticking in cool bag.

c'mon the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this tune!! NO CEREMONY/// - FEELSOLOW:)

Very nice. :/) never heard of them but will defo check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

RBMA stage times, and a few additions in there, Chez Damier and Benjamin Damage being the big ones. 4hr set for Klock :D

Friday:
    00:00 - 04:00 Ben Klock
    23:00 - 00:00 Donal Mooney
    22:00 - 23:00 Niall Dunne
    21:00 - 22:00 Tr One
    20:00 - 21:00 Con Allen
    19:00 - 20:00 Cillo
    18:00 - 19:00 Boya

Saturday:
    02:00 - 04:00 Frank B
    00:00 - 02:00 xxxy
    22:00 - 00:00 TU-KI
    21:00 - 22:00 Toby Kaar
    20:00 - 21:00 Colm k
    18:00 - 20:00 Handsome Paddy
    16:00 - 18:00 Disconauts

Sunday:
    03:00 - 04:00 LRB
    01:00 - 03:00 Chez Damier
    23:00 - 01:00 Benjamin Damage
    22:00 - 23:00 Barry Redsetta
    20:30 - 22:00 New Jackson Dj Set
    18:30 - 20:30 Bodytonic Djs
    18:00 - 18:30 Quietdust
    17:00 - 18:00 Bop Gun
    16:00 - 17:00 Lunar Disko

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

RBMA stage times, and a few additions in there, Chez Damier and Benjamin Damage being the big ones. 4hr set for Klock :D

Friday:
    00:00 - 04:00 Ben Klock
    23:00 - 00:00 Donal Mooney
    22:00 - 23:00 Niall Dunne
    21:00 - 22:00 Tr One
    20:00 - 21:00 Con Allen
    19:00 - 20:00 Cillo
    18:00 - 19:00 Boya

Saturday:
    02:00 - 04:00 Frank B
    00:00 - 02:00 xxxy
    22:00 - 00:00 TU-KI
    21:00 - 22:00 Toby Kaar
    20:00 - 21:00 Colm k
    18:00 - 20:00 Handsome Paddy
    16:00 - 18:00 Disconauts

Sunday:
    03:00 - 04:00 LRB
    01:00 - 03:00 Chez Damier
    23:00 - 01:00 Benjamin Damage
    22:00 - 23:00 Barry Redsetta
    20:30 - 22:00 New Jackson Dj Set
    18:30 - 20:30 Bodytonic Djs
    18:00 - 18:30 Quietdust
    17:00 - 18:00 Bop Gun
    16:00 - 17:00 Lunar Disko

Ben Klock for 4 hours. My god ill be in an absolute ball :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Ben Klock for 4 hours. My god ill be in an absolute ball :-)

You'll be tick-tock :D

BTW, Square Pie is much nicer than Pieminister! eat that you Pieminister fanboys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

kevc2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if BBQ's can be brought into the campsite? From the website:

The following items may not be brought in to the arena: Alcohol, drinks bottles or cans, camping equipment, disposable barbeques. Sealed water bottles 500ml and under and food for personal consumption may be brought in to the arena.

It doesn't mention the campsite.

I don't know about proper big ones, but I doubt it.
    Disposable ones are grand in the campsite, just no open flames/campfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So does anyone have any tips on how to create their own cool box/bag?

last thing I want to be drinking is warm cider :( I was thinking a normal bag lined with that emergency blanket stuff and maybe stuffed in a sleeping bag after to insulate it?
    No idea what I'm doing, this is just what I've gathered from the internet that will apparently work?

I've been wondering how to waterproof me tent.
    I'm told hairspray will do it, or just rub loads of wax on the seams.
    Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

david75 wrote: »
    I've been wondering how to waterproof me tent.
    I'm told hairspray will do it, or just rub loads of wax on the seams.
    Hmmm

Most camp shops sell a spray for that sort of thing i think

Really? Cool. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I just remembered something. I've a €100 bet with someone on here that it'll go ahead.

Crumlin Children's Hospital if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ban for life for whoever doesn't pay! :pac:

It looks like someone got in there already. The user Joe Hart is banned, not sure what that means for pay out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

SV wrote: »
    So does anyone have any tips on how to create their own cool box/bag?

last thing I want to be drinking is warm cider :( I was thinking a normal bag lined with that emergency blanket stuff and maybe stuffed in a sleeping bag after to insulate it?
    No idea what I'm doing, this is just what I've gathered from the internet that will apparently work?

If you take the booze from your fridge and wrap it in the space blanket it will keep em a couple of degrees below what they would have been without, but this alone won't be enough. Recommend getting a super market freezer bag + some ice! Put about x6 cans in at a time and boom cool beers!
    The space blanket part is important, the warmer the can going in the faster the ice will melt.
    Ice is heavy & difficult to carry in. Will be on sale in the camp shops but can run out at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Rewind83 wrote: »
    Most camp shops sell a spray for that sort of thing i think

Yep, I picked up a big can of it yesterday in Halfords for a tenner

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

For all those Dioralite first timers. Be warned. It's tastes manky.

And use it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

what is "properly"? from reading the back it just seems like the next morning you throw a sachet in a cup of water, stir, drink?
    i don't want to be ill all weekend after trying to make myself better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

lordgoat wrote: »
    For all those Dioralite first timers. Be warned. It's tastes manky.

And use it properly.

Hold your nose while you drink it.

TBH 30seconds of bad tasting water certainly beats 2 days of being hungover in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Mild crisis this morrning, couldn't find my camping chairs. Him indoors went to Woodies in Carrickmines & got 2. €12 each and they have loads.. Also, brilliant wheelbarrow half price for €35.

As for diorolyte, get the blackcurrant ones. Much easier to drink than original flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Where is the RBMA stage - is that the 'rave in the woods'?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Has anyone else noticed that Bronagh Gallagher who's playing on the Salty Dog is the same Bronagh Gallagher from Pulp Fiction, Star Wars ep.1, You Me & Marley...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miWzYCUw5FA

A FELT PEN!! A MAGIC MARKER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mild crisis this morrning, couldn't find my camping chairs. Him indoors went to Woodies in Carrickmines & got 2. €12 each and they have loads.. Also, brilliant wheelbarrow half price for €35.

As for diorolyte, get the blackcurrant ones. Much easier to drink than original flavour

Yea woodies seem to be the only place that have them. Debating getting the woodies one, packing + carrying it Vs buying one in the camp for €15?

Wheelbarrow is fairly large, will it fit in the boot c/w all you stuff?
    Woodies do a yellow trolley for a similar price, think they call it a "grain bag trolley" something funny like that! Even this is awkward enough, last year I had to take the wheels off and lay it down in the back seat of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Sky King wrote: »
    Where is the RBMA stage - is that the 'rave in the woods'?

yes, Red Bull Music Academy I think is what it stands for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Does anybody know anything about complimentary tickets, has anyone had one previous years. I've managed to get my hands on one (through a friend that is working there and gets paid in tickets). It says 'Gate 1 Abbeyleix'. Is this the main entrance and do we queue with general admission, or is there a separate queue?

I'm presuming I need ID and the name of the person I got it off. It also says €30 compulsary donation to charity, which is grand! Anything else I will need?

5 mother fcuking days bitchezzz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone know of any camping chairs available? in Cork and/or Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

So so so looking forward to this, have backpack packed and ready to rock with duplicate spare ready for the car boot in case of emergencies, beer is bought, just needs chilling and sticking in cool bag.

c'mon the weekend!

I almost started packing last Thursday, held off though

Advertisement