Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone know of any camping chairs available? in Cork and/or Dublin

Presume they still sell camping chairs at it? I'm struggling to find them anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone know of any camping chairs available? in Cork and/or Dublin

Try woodies!

Why do I torment my self with Internet weather!!
    Have x4 tabs open constantly on my phone, from met check to acc!! They all contradict each other and change completely every time I refresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Why do I torment my self with Internet weather!!
    Have x4 tabs open constantly on my phone, from met check to acc!! They all contradict each other and change completely every time I refresh!

Whatever MT Cranium says regarding the weather is how it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tesco Extra shops usually have loads of camping chairs. Naas and Maynooth ones had some over the last few days anyway. €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Does anybody know anything about complimentary tickets, has anyone had one previous years. I've managed to get my hands on one (through a friend that is working there and gets paid in tickets). It says 'Gate 1 Abbeyleix'. Is this the main entrance and do we queue with general admission, or is there a separate queue?

I'm presuming I need ID and the name of the person I got it off. It also says €30 compulsary donation to charity, which is grand! Anything else I will need?

5 mother fcuking days bitchezzz!!!

I used these last year, went in the main entrance (the one with the electric picnic sign) had to pay the €30 donation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea woodies seem to be the only place that have them. Debating getting the woodies one, packing + carrying it Vs buying one in the camp for €15?

Wheelbarrow is fairly large, will it fit in the boot c/w all you stuff?
    Woodies do a yellow trolley for a similar price, think they call it a "grain bag trolley" something funny like that! Even this is awkward enough, last year I had to take the wheels off and lay it down in the back seat of the car.

I used one of those trolleys before. Useless unless everything is the same width and you have loads of bungy cable.They aren't great in the forest bit of the walk from car.

The Barrow comes in 3 parts, frame bucket and wheel, sits neat in car and takes 2 mins to put together. Also as the barrow is great on the rougher ground IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Been following this thread from the start and was away for the last week so now I've 40 pages to sift through! Such a trek :P

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Been following this thread from the start and was away for the last week so now I've 40 pages to sift through! Such a trek :P

What you've missed:

Don't discuss buying /selling tkts

Camp chairs and tents are in short supply

Ice is needed for beer cooling purposes

Weather is looking good

EVERYONE is excited

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

What are the chances of tickets going on sale again? I'm hearing this happened previous years.

• Advertisement

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    What are the chances of tickets going on sale again? I'm hearing this happened previous years.

They said in the sold out announcement that they're all gone and no more will be going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I was pushing Tour de Picnic to a few people on here, just a heads up it's sold out but they reckon there'll be a few cancellations so they've set up a waiting list: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=191192811052137&set=a.150837448421007.1073741828.150605681777517&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Deirdre5 wrote: »

The Ticketmaster page for the general weekend and Sunday tickets is going straight to a sold out message which usually means that is it regards tickets coming from Ticketmaster. If you've the chance to at least select numbers it can mean they've some they're holding back but this is only happening for family tickets. Worth checking semi frequently to see if the page changes back to a select your tickets style page but I reckon the odds are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this time next week I'll be in a heap, can't wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimboSlice

In past years has there been much of a trek from the Bus Eireann drop off point into the campsite? Also seriously contemplating throwing the cans in an old wheelie suitcase that can be dragged behind us and shared between three of us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

LimboSlice wrote: »
    In past years has there been much of a trek from the Bus Eireann drop off point into the campsite? Also seriously contemplating throwing the cans in an old wheelie suitcase that can be dragged behind us and shared between three of us

It puts you slap bang in between the red and blue campsites after you got through the gate. Not much of a trek at all. Wheelie suitcase wheels arent really suited to campsite grass and mud. Dunno if it will turn into more of a problem than a help.

LimboSlice wrote: »

bear in mind the wheels on those suitcases will be too small for the paths once in the forest on the way to the campsites. The paths can get muddy even in dry weather.

Why not just bring enough for the Friday and take a leisurely walk to the village of Stradbally to stock up on the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just had this show up at the top of my facebook homepage :confused:

BqtYkLS.png

which links to this:
    https://apps.facebook.com/concertsbybit/facebook/events/6527516/rsvp?artist=Orbital&came_from=89

probably just a mistake from last year, but still, got my hopes up!

Cans of Foster's or Tyskie? I can't decide, I have usually brought Foster's but feel like a change.

threein99 wrote: »
    Cans of Foster's or Tyskie? I can't decide, I have usually brought Foster's but feel like a change.

Tyskie hands down, it's a decent lager whereas Fosters is not and never will be.

EDIT: Tyskie is damn strong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 LimboSlice

Thanks for the replies, dont think I'll bother with the case so, just had visions of having to trek 10 miles having got off the bus!

For anyone looking for torches/extra tent pegs/small camping stools and just about anything (small things) else you'll need for EP, Dealz (the 1.49 shop) have a camping section open. There's one on Henry Street just beside Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mgkelly

just had this show up at the top of my facebook homepage :confused:

BqtYkLS.png

which links to this:
    https://apps.facebook.com/concertsbybit/facebook/events/6527516/rsvp?artist=Orbital&came_from=89

probably just a mistake from last year, but still, got my hopes up!

Find this hard to believe, but would be stupendous...!!

;):D

Tyskie hands down, it's a decent lager whereas Fosters is not and never will be.

EDIT: Tyskie is damn strong!

Tyskie is 5.6 per cent, had a few last night to test the water

Casa Bacardi being built!

threein99 wrote: »
    Tyskie is 5.6 per cent, had a few last night to test the water

to me, for a lager 5.6 is strong, I'm a lightweight;)

to me, for a lager 5.6 is strong, I'm a lightweight;)

That's strong for me as well, think I might go with Fosters, better the devil you know

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Orbital was used for Electric Picnics promo video

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

mgkelly wrote: »
    Find this hard to believe, but would be stupendous...!!

;):D

Bandsintown has done that a fair bit this year, I posted earlier in the thread that I got a similar update only with The Cure and Roots Manuva.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I used one of those trolleys before. Useless unless everything is the same width and you have loads of bungy cable.They aren't great in the forest bit of the walk from car.

Sack trolleys are grand/ideal - just use them with a bungy net from Halfords - the kind they use on roof-racks. Also avoid the lighter kinds of sack trolley that fold down - they don't take abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

more weather watch for electric Picnic http://www.sat24.com/foreloop.aspx?type=1&continent=europa

It looks like a bit of rain Saturday.

Advertisement