Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I used one of those trolleys before. Useless unless everything is the same width and you have loads of bungy cable.They aren't great in the forest bit of the walk from car.

The Barrow comes in 3 parts, frame bucket and wheel, sits neat in car and takes 2 mins to put together. Also as the barrow is great on the rougher ground IMO

Not so bad about the barrow, didn't want you to find out on Friday morning that it won't fit in!

That trolley has x2 soft wheels about the same diameter as as wheelbarrow. Breezed in last year forest wasn't a problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Just dusted off my 5 man tent after it being away for two years(campervan last year) and put it up out the back. I was hoping that the zips being seized was the biggest problem , but gave it a 'water test' with the garden hose and its leaking like a tea bag. Nightmare. It seems to be leaking at all the seams, and the 'celotape' at the seams is coming away. Anyone know where I can buy waterproof tape that goes on the inside of the tent, as well as the best waterproof spray for the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just dusted off my 5 man tent after it being away for two years(campervan last year) and put it up out the back. I was hoping that the zips being seized was the biggest problem , but gave it a 'water test' with the garden hose and its leaking like a tea bag. Nightmare. It seems to be leaking at all the seams, and the 'celotape' at the seams is coming away. Anyone know where I can buy waterproof tape that goes on the inside of the tent, as well as the best waterproof spray for the outside.

Just let it go FFS! we'll have a whip-round on Boards to get you a new one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

nocoverart wrote: »

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

nocoverart wrote: »

I agree, put it out of its misery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

If you're testing with the hose you are aiming into the sky above the tent and not got it spraying directly on the tent right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

mgkelly wrote: »
    Find this hard to believe, but would be stupendous...!!

;):D

Yep, I'm friends with them on FB and just got this update from them...could it be true? They are playing a dj set in uk same day so might hop across the pond for 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Bandsintown has done that a fair bit this year, I posted earlier in the thread that I got a similar update only with The Cure and Roots Manuva.

I got one that Ray Charles was coming to Belfast this week. The concert is due to be on tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

I think a lot of people are expecting Love This Giant (David Byrne & St. Vincent) to play mostly just David Byrne/Talking Heads material. Which won't be the case at all. ****ing love the album though, but if someone were to offer me to see either in a solo show, probably would be St. Vincent. She was unreal at Body & Soul 2012!

Also, does anyone else think that girl who made the song about being scammed out of an EP ticket was a bit silly for being a bit too trusting of society?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

I think a lot of people are expecting Love This Giant (David Byrne & St. Vincent) to play mostly just David Byrne/Talking Heads material. Which won't be the case at all. ****ing love the album though, but if someone were to offer me to see either in a solo show, probably would be St. Vincent. She was unreal at Body & Soul 2012!

Also, does anyone else think that girl who made the song about being scammed out of an EP ticket was a bit silly for being a bit too trusting of society?

i think there was no scam. trying a fast one herself as she cant afford it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

garrkell wrote: »
    i think there was no scam. trying a fast one herself as she cant afford it

I hate to be cynical but I think she was hoping for a gig and a weekend pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So can't wait to start the longest week in work ever tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

JUST REALISED.

IS THE RAVE IN THE WOODS HAPPENING THIS YEAR??????

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

JUST REALISED.

IS THE RAVE IN THE WOODS HAPPENING THIS YEAR??????

Yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭mgkelly

ponceprhea wrote: »
    Was last there in 2011. It was bloody freezing on Sat night. Won't be fooled again (to quote!).
    Get in the layers!!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Was last there in 2011. It was bloody freezing on Sat night. Won't be fooled again (to quote!).
    Get in the layers!!
    ;)

It was freezen that night, I'm not ashamed to say I wore a snuggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If you take the booze from your fridge and wrap it in the space blanket it will keep em a couple of degrees below what they would have been without, but this alone won't be enough. Recommend getting a super market freezer bag + some ice! Put about x6 cans in at a time and boom cool beers!
    The space blanket part is important, the warmer the can going in the faster the ice will melt.
    Ice is heavy & difficult to carry in. Will be on sale in the camp shops but can run out at any time.

Thanks for that! I bought cooler bags so I'm gonna freeze the cans(or bring them to near freezing point so they don't explode) and then wrap them in that space blanket stuff and throw them in the cooler bag. I don't expect them to stay freezing but anything other than the luke warm stuff I was drinking at Oxegen will be better...bleurgh shuddering just thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Here, Here. I'm looking forward to hearing I am an ape, naive melody and marrow all in equal measure. Can't beat a bit of brass.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Still refuse to give up hope of foals and orbital being announced.

• Advertisement

ponceprhea wrote: »

Don't heed that, MT Cranium on weather forum is the only one who ever gets it right...he is predicting good weather but problem is its downgrading the good weather as it gets closer but still way early to get accurate forecast.

lubie76 wrote: »
    Don't heed that, MT Cranium on weather forum is the only one who ever gets it right...he is predicting good weather but problem is its downgrading the good weather as it gets closer but still way early to get accurate forecast.
    Who the feck is MT Cranium?! Is he that postman from west Donegal who had a bit of a go last winter 2 years ago?! Never really trust this type of jiggery pokery!!

:rolleyes:;)

Still refuse to give up hope of foals and orbital being announced.
    ...don't hold one's breath, nice'n all as it'd be!!
    ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

...don't hold one's breath, nice'n all as it'd be!!
    ;)

Oh I nearly forgot alt j, vampire weekend and primal scream aswell.. And we will all be told they were taking the piss pretending they had no money all the time and we will have Glastonbury bands with picnic atmosphere and people, them I will believe there is a god out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone know of any camping chairs available? in Cork and/or Dublin

I picked up two today in the outdoor adventure store just off Mary st. €10 each. Had a good few left.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

yeah and I think Mahers have some too

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

CFC007 wrote: »
    I picked up two today in the outdoor adventure store just off Mary st. €10 each. Had a good few left.

Woodies - Airside Retail Park - Swords had loads on yesterday. GO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Who the feck is MT Cranium?! Is he that postman from west Donegal who had a bit of a go last winter 2 years ago?! Never really trust this type of jiggery pokery!!

no, he be usin that there science to predict that there weather hai

Blasphemer!
    ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there a specific drop of point for cars? Gettin' a lift down but just wondering how far can you actually drive in, without going to the carpark?

There's a drop-off point for taxis and cars close to the main entrance.

Advertisement