Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Just watching Reading/Leeds on BBC. Rather gets one in the mood, doesn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there a specific drop of point for cars? Gettin' a lift down but just wondering how far can you actually drive in, without going to the carpark?

Usually just at the junction at the abbeyleix rd as you come in from portlaoise,it is a bit of a trek or you continue into the village itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

mgkelly wrote: »
    Just watching Reading/Leeds on BBC. Rather gets one on the mood, doesn't it?!

Arctic Monkeys this time next week, get in

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Watching disclosure on BBC now.. Brilliant can't wait for them I just hope the organizers don't make a hash of it and not put them in the electric arena at a decent time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

If anyone sees a guy running into this carrying about 100kg of camping gear and drink (I'm not even joking, this is going to be tough) and way too excited than that'll be me.
    Please calm me down and tell me there's all weekend to enjoy this.

5 DAYS :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Thanks! Whats the traffic like on Friday around the site do you know?

Depends on the time you go down, we normally get leave Dublin around 8:30am or 9 and its not too heavy. The later you go the worse it is in my experience.

Watching disclosure on BBC now.. Brilliant can't wait for them I just hope the organizers don't make a hash of it and not put them in the electric arena at a decent time

Not sure where I seen it but I'm pretty sure they're on a main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Some of the prices on Gumtree/eBay/Buy&Sell etc are ridiculous :eek:
    saw one up on adverts earlier and within 2mins of it being up someone had offered 300 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

people selling tickets on ebay for nearly 600 quid a pop, scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

TheBza wrote: »
    people selling tickets on ebay for nearly 600 quid a pop, scumbags.

Its not gonna happen but what every buyer needs to do is hold off buying or enquiring about tickets until Thursday, they won't be long dropping prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

saw one up on adverts earlier and within 2mins of it being up someone had offered 300 :eek:

Does adverts allow that? Looks like an auction over there on some of the listings.
    SV wrote: »
    about 100kg of camping gear and drink (I'm not even joking, this is going to be tough)

You plan on smuggling a friend in in your rucksack?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

My neighbour at the moment has been at panic stations for 48 hours looking for a ticket. I have been looking at all the usual sites for him... He was caught rotten, brother was supposed to buy his ticket for him, and never did.

Would it be safer using Ebay, at least if it is a dud - you can put a query in with Paypal and get the money back.

I am getting so excited now. Can't wait to see Robert Plant.
    My hubby is coming for the first time, can't wait to see his reaction when he sees the variation of the food stalls. He says he has been to festivals before, but unless you camped, in my book, it ain't a festival :) And the kids are also coming (Fri & Sat daytime,) and can't wait to show them the madness of EP - looking forward to showing them to Door to Nowhere, and all the weird sculptures and stuff.
    The kids really like Fatboy Slim - so this will be their first concert (fcuk One Direction, the Irish twins, and all the other tripe) - bring it on.... (I need a super-excited smilie)

Will Trenchtown be open on Friday before the main arena?

Toast wrote: »

You plan on smuggling a friend in in your rucksack?

Nah, but I'm camping with 3 girls and they're only capable of carrying their own clothes so I've a massive tent and my own drink(and some of theirs) to carry.

It's probably only about 50kg but the fact it's difficult to pick up or carry is making it feel like 100. Why can't it just be all in a convenient backpack

Nah, but I'm camping with 3 girls and they're only capable of carrying their own clothes so I've a massive tent and my own drink(and some of theirs) to carry.

It's probably only about 50kg but the fact it's difficult to pick up or carry is making it feel like 100. Why can't it just be all in a convenient backpack

Wheelbarrow - only way to go

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Wheelbarrow - only way to go

I have one but it'd never fit in the car I'm getting own there. otherwise it'd be a winner..ah it's ok I'll suck it up.
    I'll just pretend I'm in the marines or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Nah, but I'm camping with 3 girls and they're only capable of carrying their own clothes

I have one but it'd never fit in the car I'm getting own there. otherwise it'd be a winner..ah it's ok I'll suck it up.
    I'll just pretend I'm in the marines or something

Seemingly you can get one that folds down or comes apart - it would be worth it. Get a trolley of some description otherwise....

Watching some beautiful guitaring (I don't care that that is not a word) at the moment at Reading - getting so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I know sometimes at festivals there's scouts who put up your tent for a fiver, I reckon they'd make a fair bit if they brought up wheelbarrows and offered to lug people's gear in! :P

Seemingly you can get one that folds down or comes apart - it would be worth it. Get a trolley of some description otherwise....

Watching some beautiful guitaring (I don't care that that is not a word) at the moment at Reading - getting so excited.

there's a decent trolley in argos actually, 28 euro..I don't care if it can only make the trip once. Sounds like a winner.

also @toast...hahahah, yeah..that's eh probably more relevant than I'll ever admit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Eod100 wrote: »
    I know sometimes at festivals there's scouts who put up your tent for a fiver, I reckon they'd make a fair bit if they brought up wheelbarrows and offered to lug people's gear in! :P

companys have been doing that for 4 years there

Can't you hire the wheelbarrows at the Picnic - I am sure I saw that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think so but think they're pricey enough!

Think so but think they're pricey enough!

Well in that case - get the Argos trolley and then you will have it for the next 10 years:D;) Going out of the campsite is not much fun either, Monday morning.

Does anyone know how long of a walk I'll be looking at? I don't wanna be patches o'houlihan of sweat when I finally get to pitch the tent. if ya know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Does anyone know how long of a walk I'll be looking at? I don't wanna be patches o'houlihan of sweat when I finally get to pitch the tent. if ya know what I mean

probably 20 to 30 mins of hard ass labour getting all your stuff to camp

Rewind83 wrote: »
    probably 20 to 30 mins of hard ass labour getting all your stuff to camp

ahhh I can deal with it.
    Is it all grass or is there any tarmac or smooth ground whatsoever?

Toast wrote: »
    Does adverts allow that? Looks like an auction over there on some of the listings.
    not sure what the rules are, the person had them listed at €230 but the very first commenter offered the asking price as that's the max the software allows, but said in the comment that they'd pay 300!
    just tried to find it in my history but it says it has been withdrawn, not sure if that means it was sold, or removed for breaking the rules or what...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

is there any tarmac or smooth ground whatsoever?

laughing%20face.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1343048019615

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

You could hire trolleys at Body &Soul this year. As far as I remember it was €10, and a €50 deposit that you get when you return the trolley. Worth every penny if you ask me......

Advertisement