Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

SV wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long of a walk I'll be looking at? I don't wanna be patches o'houlihan of sweat when I finally get to pitch the tent. if ya know what I mean

Bearing in mind you haven't done this before. Get something to help you. It is a long hard slog to get the stuff from the car to the campsite.

You have to carry the stuff first out of the car park, and then maybe 200 metres down the road to the EP entrance. Once you get your wrist band, it is probably another 800m before you get to the edge of the first campsite. This is along very rough rocks and/or forest paths. And then you are across fields again for the campsite.

SV - I have a huge pull along suitcase in the shed that could take everything (or the heavy stuff). It doesn't matter if it gets trashed or never comes back. I used it two years ago, it's not great for the rough paths, but is better than carrying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Anyone else on the TDP cycle, where do we arrive at in terms of campsites and the like? How far do we have to lug our bags, in otherwords? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Hi folks, can anyone please tell me which is the better campsite, in terms of distance to the main arena and car park or just in general? Also, how much is it for the parking? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭mgkelly

BubbaM wrote: »
    Hi folks, can anyone please tell me which is the better campsite, in terms of distance to the main arena and car park or just in general? Also, how much is it for the parking? thanks!
    Parking? - rien.
    Campsite: depends what you want, I believe. I'm a middle-aged posh b****rd so am in boutique camping! Look back through the threads - some guidance about various things.
    Enjoy!!

;)

mgkelly wrote: »
    Parking? - rien.
    Campsite: depends what you want, I believe. I'm a middle-aged posh b****rd so am in boutique camping! Look back through the threads - some guidance about various things.
    Enjoy!!

;)

Thanks for your reply. I'm a mid-twenties not so posh b*****d so I suppose I'd be looking for a more vibrant site but wouldn't want to be miles out of the way, so close enough to the main arena and car park if I had to nip back to the car for something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ThirdMan wrote: »
    laughing%20face.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1343048019615

I'd conisder a forest trail to be smooth ground tbh :P I just mean ground that isn't instantly muck and sludge.
    Sounds grand, should get by fine with what I have now, thanks anyway Queen-Mise :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Not sure where I seen it but I'm pretty sure they're on a main stage

someone please tell me this is not true... Will ruin it.

So are wellies a must have even if the sun is splitting the stones this week? I was planning to just bring old shoes that I don't mind getting wrecked, but I do want to keep the feet dry at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

So are wellies a must have even if the sun is splitting the stones this week? I was planning to just bring old shoes that I don't mind getting wrecked, but I do want to keep the feet dry at the same time.

Always bring wellies. It might be forecast to be the sunniest weekend Ireland ever had, but I'd still bring wellies. Wellies should be no.1 on your list of things to take. Wellies.

Always bring wellies. It might be forecast to be the sunniest weekend Ireland ever had, but I'd still bring wellies. Wellies should be no.1 on your list of things to take. Wellies.

Wellies it is so! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think a ticket would be number 1:P:P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

How much are wellies up there? Cheapest pair I could find in Galway are €18, if they're around 20 up there I might just buy a pair up there. Going to get them as soon as I get the tent though, if it starts getting muddy they sell out fast. Being at a muddy festival without wellies is as bad as going without booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I shamefully never heard of Blondes before the EP line-up was announced. Now they're right up there on my "must see" list. Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Keep the faith

ZZ56SxF.png

Forcast changing a bit but o0o fingers crossed, touch wood and all that jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

I'm buying an overpriced ticket off someone via Done Deal tomorrow for the upcoming picnic.

I don't know how to verify that the ticket is in fact the real deal.

I have an idea what a usual Ticketmaster ticket looks like, but is there something in particular I should be looking for?

I am assured there is a receipt along with a physical ticket, but I'd like to be prepared. I don't want to get ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Look at this scenario, person you're buying from buys ticket, ticket arrives, sells ticket to you, phones ticketbastard and says that ticket never arrived.

Ticketbastard cancel his ticket (well, your ticket now) and replaces his with one he must pick up on the day, he gets in, you don't.

Not saying that will happen to you but it does happen......a lot

Be very very careful

Check out toutless.com, a lot smaller chance of getting ripped off, and for face value too

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of spare tickets floating around there at all.

If I meet the guy in person, his email should be on the receipt right?

Realistically though I won't know until they scan the ticket friday morning when I arrive. That'll be a fun potential bus journey back home. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A few ways to get the odds in your favour, try and meet him at his gaff, less chance he'd try to con you if you know where he lives, ask for some ID when you buy the ticket (driving license )

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

.... close enough to the main arena and car park if I had to nip back to the car for something!

I'm afraid I'd say you need to choose. Campsites are more or less between main arena and car park I'd say. That said, there is basically no "close to the car park" option - only less far away :(

I always camp in Hendrix down close to the arena entrance, but then I usually don't hang out in the campsite much... perhaps a better atmosphere for hanging about in the campsite would be further away from the arena entrance down in Wilde - but that's speculation.

If you plan to spend time at the RBMA stage (ye olde Ravie in the Woodsie), then Wilde works even better as it's near there (assuming same as last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm buying an overpriced ticket off someone via Done Deal tomorrow for the upcoming picnic.

I have an idea what a usual Ticketmaster ticket looks like, but is there something in particular I should be looking for?

I am assured there is a receipt along with a physical ticket, but I'd like to be prepared. I don't want to get ripped off.

People don't forge tickets, so the most likely scenario of getting scammed is as scudzilla has described. You'd essentially have an official ticket but it'd be cancelled, and unfortunately the only way you'll find this out is when you arrive at the gig and have it scanned.

If the person bought the ticket themself then their name would be on the ticket, so check for I.D. and make sure both names match. Also, make sure you meet them at their house. I think Toutless has a list of do's and don'ts when buying tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

I bought an e ticket. I asked for id and proof of address and there was no problem at all. (still feel sick to my stomach but hey, I know where she lives!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Stocked up on the drink last night. Tesco have slabs of 24 Bavaria for €24 or 24 Stella for €23.76, not too bad.

COME OOOOOOOOOOON FRIDAY!

I'm afraid I'd say you need to choose. Campsites are more or less between main arena and car park I'd say. That said, there is basically no "close to the car park" option - only less far away :(

I always camp in Hendrix down close to the arena entrance, but then I usually don't hang out in the campsite much... perhaps a better atmosphere for hanging about in the campsite would be further away from the arena entrance down in Wilde - but that's speculation.

If you plan to spend time at the RBMA stage (ye olde Ravie in the Woodsie), then Wilde works even better as it's near there (assuming same as last year)

How far of a walk are we talking from car park to these campsites? sounds mammoth judging by other posts I've read haha! I've heard a lot of people recommending Hendrix but now you've thrown Wilde into the mix! One more question, is there just one car park and then everybody comes through the same main entrance? Sorry for all these clueless newbie questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

From the MTC daily forecast in the weather forum:
    FRIDAY ... Variable cloud, showers and a few thunderstorms, breezy (WSW 40-70 km/hr) ... lows 9-12 C and highs 21-24 C.

SATURDAY ... Breezy, isolated showers, fresher in WNW winds 40-70 km/hr in the north, 30-50 km/hr south ... lows 8-11 C and highs 17-21 C.

SUNDAY ... Sunny with cloudy intervals, isolated showers, less breezy, morning lows about 5-8 C and afternoon highs 18-21 C.

OUTLOOK ... The following first week of September looks like it could see a return to very warm or even hot weather at times with highs in mid 20s or perhaps even 27 or so.

It would be too cruel if this is right and the sunny weather arrives the week after EP...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

How far of a walk are we talking from car park to these campsites? sounds mammoth judging by other posts I've read haha! I've heard a lot of people recommending Hendrix but now you've thrown Wilde into the mix! One more question, is there just one car park and then everybody comes through the same main entrance? Sorry for all these clueless newbie questions!

there are various car parks, typically you will have no choice in which one you end up in (unless you know the back roads very well).

From what I can tell, there are two entrances to EP (there may be more than two but definitely at least two).

Here's a map of last years EP, should be identical in terms of entrances and exits.

If you arrive early you can park closer to the road which means less of a trek to the entrances.
    If you are arriving in a car it amazes me to see so many people trying to carry everything in the one trip. Personally I would take the essentials initially, get my wristband and get settled and after a while I would take a leisurely walk back to the car to collect the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sdgbt wrote: »
    From the MTC daily forecast in the weather forum:

It would be too cruel if this is right and the sunny weather arrives the week after EP...

I don't mind a bit of rain but wind is a killer, no one wants wind, it wrecks the sound on the outdoor stages and it takes from the setting at Body & Soul etc with the in-tree installations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I'd conisder a forest trail to be smooth ground tbh :P I just mean ground that isn't instantly muck and sludge.
    Sounds grand, should get by fine with what I have now, thanks anyway Queen-Mise :D

Only joking. Yes there's lots of forest trails, and parts of the main route to each campsite have a kind of plastic flooring. In terms of muck the main walkways are never a problem. So bringing stuff from the car is grand, albeit a bit of a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

COME ON FRIDAY FFS...
    tumblr_lib8bbNvyF1qhmj05o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Haven't been to Picnic in years despite living so close to it...I might have a day pass so hope to get is sat or sunday...Mats of mine over from scotland are wondering can you bring drink in even if you dont have a camping ticket?what way does this work going in the gate etc ..when you get wrists bands?

I honestly cant remember or when i did go years ago i just bought drink inside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

They have weekend passes can they bring in cans?Do they just walk up with them to the gate when getting in to get their Wristbands???

Advertisement