Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

laois gael wrote: »
    They have weekend passes can they bring in cans?Do they just walk up with them to the gate when getting in to get their Wristbands???

yes, with weekend passes you just walk up and they will do a pad down/search of the bags etc for glass and then give you your wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

Accuweather app has fairly ok weather

Wednesday, showers
    Thursday fine but some chance of showers (ground hopefully won't be too wet keeping mud levels down).

Friday - 21 degrees.has 65% chance of rain, gentle breezes. also a mild night (13 degrees)
    Saturday - 17 degrees . Fine. gentle breezes. cold night (8 degrees)
    Sunday - 17 degrees. dry, moderate breezes cold night (8 degrees)
    Monday - 19 degrees. Fine. gentle breezes.

Met Eireann app is forecsting a cooler weekend with a small chance of showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BubbaM wrote: »
    How far of a walk are we talking from car park to these campsites? sounds mammoth judging by other posts I've read haha! I've heard a lot of people recommending Hendrix but now you've thrown Wilde into the mix! One more question, is there just one car park and then everybody comes through the same main entrance? Sorry for all these clueless newbie questions!

In theory the walk isn't that bad in terms of distance.
    It's just throw in all your sh-ite + terrain. 10kg isn't heavy normally but when you take it a certain distance it's an absolute c**t really starts to weigh in.
    The first time I did the walk I had a slab of beer + really big tent, clothes, chair etc put them on my back in the car park felt grand got about 1/2 way in and was fooked! Absolutely struggled it was pain!! Learned my lesson, either have a trolley or keep the initial load light, only take what you need for Friday.

As well as the walk in, you will do a serious amount on foot!!
    Photo attached is a map my run GPS had it on for 10 hours before battery went. Very left is the car, bottom is Hendrix, top is the main arena.
    In and out to the car twice and camp site to main arena a few times 8km over 10 hours! So you don't want to kill yourself on the initial walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Jaysus they are dragging their feet with releasing stage times and map . hurry up already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Best thing is make two trips to your car, first trip bring camping essentials, and some of your beer, get your tent up, have a celebratory can (just one) then go back for the rest of your stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Fatfrog wrote: »
    In theory the walk isn't that bad in terms of distance.
    It's just throw in all your sh-ite + terrain. 10kg isn't heavy normally but when you take it a certain distance it's an absolute c**t really starts to weigh in.
    The first time I did the walk I had a slab of beer + really big tent, clothes, chair etc put them on my back in the car park felt grand got about 1/2 way in and was fooked! Absolutely struggled it was pain!! Learned my lesson, either have a trolley or keep the initial load light, only take what you need for Friday.

As well as the walk in, you will do a serious amount on foot!!
    Photo attached is a map my run GPS had it on for 10 hours before battery went. Very left is the car, bottom is Hendrix, top is the main arena.
    In and out to the car twice and camp site to main arena a few times 8km over 10 hours! So you don't want to kill yourself on the initial walk in

Thanks for the reply. I've been to plenty of festivals, just never EP for some reason. Just trying to get some knowledge on the lie of the land. From past experiences I definitely get what your saying about these walks with all the gear but I'll be travelling light as I found, personally, I don't use most of the associated camping stuff. So I'll just be bringing the bare minimum i.e. tent, chair, and probably half my drink. That's why I was wondering about distance to the car park as I'll probably make a few trips back to the car over the weekend. Looking at last year's map, I may well camp in Hendrix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Indeed, especially considering it's sold out so there's no risk that people would decide not to buy a ticket because of clashes! That being said, I'm not too bothered, I've never stuck to what I intended to see - I blame Body and Soul for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

threein99 wrote: »
    Best thing is make two trips to your car, first trip bring camping essentials, and some of your beer, get your tent up, have a celebratory can (just one) then go back for the rest of your stuff.

Exactly, for people with their cars parked up but this is what we do every year...it's realistically only a 20 minute walk in. ya can get caught up waiting for your wrist band if the que is big

I always bring a trolley with my mate, 2 slabs on the bottom then the tent and whatever else we can duck tape on. then we're left with a bag of clothes and camping chair which we go back out to the car for. also that walk back out after the effort of the first walk in can be quite nice & funny watching people struggle. usually you'll see lads carrying plastic bags which have broken or cans falling out of things & even though you know they are going through torture they still have a smile on their face because it's Electric Picnic, oh bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i just take a bag on my back with enough drink for Friday night, plus anything i might need that night, like rain jacket/warm jumper, toothbrush. then carry tent, sleeping bag, airbed, camping chair. leave everything else in the car and on Saturday morning go out and get changed, bring in the rest of the clothes/drink/food/whatever. much easier to manage than trying to bring stuff on the Friday that you won't need that night, plus it's nice to go for a stroll on the Saturday morning to wake up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Im doing the 10k run. Anyone ever done this before? Gruelling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

scudzilla wrote: »
    Check out toutless.com, a lot smaller chance of getting ripped off, and for face value too

Thanks for the support though the only differences between us and donedeal regards scams is that our face value rules deters the greedier scammers and insisting on phone numbers being left out of listings makes it harder for them to contact people without leaving a digital trail (oh hey that's why we do that).

Still though anyone can register to us and I'd prefer people to be as careful as possible with their dealings as the times I have to read the posts about people getting scammed are not pleasant.

Our recommendations are here. Basically the majority of reported scams we've had have been where people sent money onwards to someone and were counting on them to send a ticket back. Regardless of the method (paypal, bank transactions etc) this has no comeback if they don't send anything.

Tucker688 wrote: »

have you ever run a 10km before?
    If not, remember it's not a race. Do not get carried away with the buzz at the start. Pace yourself and take on fluids before the run and during it. Do not eat up to 2 hours before the run but make sure to eat a healthy breakfast, porridge with blueberries and chopped banana will set you on the way....oh, and make sure you go to the jacks and empty out the tanks in advance, you don't want to be stuck for a bog along the way if you know what I mean.

If not, remember it's not a race. Do not get carried away with the buzz at the start. Pace yourself and take on fluids before the run and during it. Do not eat up to 2 hours before the run but make sure to eat a healthy breakfast, porridge with blueberries and chopped banana will set you on the way....oh, and make sure you go to the jacks and empty out the tanks in advance, you don't want to be stuck for a bog along the way if you know what I mean.

I play senior GAA and pretty fit like. Just wondering never ran 10k at once, how long should it take me?

I play senior GAA and pretty fit like. Just wondering never ran 10k at once, how long should it take me?
    About an hour or so. Depends, wear good Runners, roads will be harder on ur legs , knees and feet than runninga GAA pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Not to be defeatist, but if you're, say, 4km in and feeling fine, just always remind yourself you still have a long way to go. As said, it's not a race, and if you build up a head of steam if you're 'already pretty much halfway' and plow on you can hurt yourself.

Stretch before and after, get some protein in afterwards. Stiff muscles, when you're going to be majoritively standing and walking for the next 3 days, are a nightmare.

Yeah the ice baths will be very handy after it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If anyone's meeting someone at the site to buy a ticket you can make sure the ticket's real by going up to swap it for a wristband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Jaysus they are dragging their feet with releasing stage times and map . hurry up already.
    It's usually Wednesday before they come out i think.

Mick Flannery's posted up his set times: http://www.mickflannery.com/2013/08/electric-picnic-1st-sept-at-9-30pm/

Never heard of the Rankins Wood Stage, guessing it's new?

It's usually Wednesday before they come out i think.

ah here it was the week before a few times as I recall. I need something to keep me tide over......Wednesday?? ...you mean I might have to do some work this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Relevant user name lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

anyone know what day David Byrne is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Eod100 wrote: »
    Mick Flannery's posted up his set times: http://www.mickflannery.com/2013/08/electric-picnic-1st-sept-at-9-30pm/

Never heard of the Rankins Wood Stage, guessing it's new?
    I think it's just a re-naming of the crawdaddy tent.

anyone know what day David Byrne is playing?

Sunday! http://lovethisgiant.com/tickets/#.UhtJnxusjlU

Someone over on the EP page selling 2 loyalty tickets at face value, nice to see there's some sound folk out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Eod100 wrote: »
    Someone over on the EP page selling 2 loyalty tickets at face value, nice to see there's some sound folk out there!
    I sold my spare one on Saturday on toutless. Put it up early in the morning and within a half hour i'd over a dozen emails looking for it. I can't get over how many people have been left without one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I was gonna call the guy selling a single ticket on adverts.ie a scumbag for selling it for €400 but the some clown is offering him €420 for it and will collect it today.

As long as there's morons like that willing to pay, it's hard to judge anyone doing it.

Could you look anyone in the eye coming to pay you that much for a ticket you got for less than half wha you're charging them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catdog11

Does anyone know when the pre ordering off licence system will be up and running?

What kind of prices and what types of alcohol can you get?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Does anyone know if an offer to buy is in anyway a contractual agreement in adverts.ie?

The divil in me wants to high bid for lots of these, arrange collection, and not show up.....

Bad form?

• Advertisement

catdog11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the pre ordering off licence system will be up and running?

What kind of prices and what types of alcohol can you get?

Thanks

post #4492 says a slab is about €60. No idea what types are for sale.

Advertisement