Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Joe Hart wrote: »
    It's not happening.

Ok thanks.

\source?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It's not happening.

Link please, Ive not seen anything official yet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Magnemo festival is not on this year and you won't find any link to for it as it doesn't exist. People issue press releases when they are putting on stuff not when there is nothing to announce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Magnemo festival is not on this year and you won't find any link to for it as it doesn't exist. People issue press releases when they are putting on stuff not when there is nothing to announce.

Yeah it's not like Oxegen or Glastonbury announced last year that they weren't going ah...wait a minute!

Yeah it's not like Oxegen or Glastonbury announced last year that they weren't going ah...wait a minute!

These are festivals that had big numbers of paying customers and planned on returning unlike Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement

These are festivals that had big numbers of paying customers and planned on returning unlike Electric Picnic.

Yeah. That's exactly like Electric Picnic...

... ;)

EP was mostly staff/volunteers and freebies. That's why they were losing so much money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

EP was mostly staff/volunteers and freebies. That's why they were losing so much money.

One more post trolling and you're done.

lordgoat wrote: »
    One more post trolling and you're done.

You might as well shut the thread as its not happening. Take my word for it, I'm in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Mr.S wrote: »
    Joe Hart, Irelands number 1 music event promoter!

and very good goalkeeper

• Advertisement

The talk in industry was of 15K paying punters. I predicted that 2011 would be the last but they stupidly went ahead and lost another packet last year. They would need to completely reinvent themselves if they were to make any money this year but its far too late for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

sure if the killers didnt enable them to make some dosh no one will..

has Bowie ruled himself out of the event btw?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

You might as well shut the thread as its not happening. Take my word for it, I'm in the industry.

the industry of rabble rousing?

I am also involved in the industry and was asked if i was available for the date. While I agree its still possibly not going ahead for reasons laid out... its certainly not off the cards yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Bowie has yet to confirm he will tour again ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Toast wrote: »
    Bowie has yet to confirm he will tour again ever.

At this stage I think there's more chance of Bowie touring than a 2013 Electric Picnic.

It's nearly April now and still not a whisper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Bowie, Dylan and the Cure
    this mix would draw a real crowd
    real musicians too.

C'mon EP - sign em up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bowie, Dylan and the Cure
    this mix would draw a real crowd
    real musicians too.

C'mon EP - sign em up.

The Cure only played 2 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The Cure only played 2 years ago

Last year actually.

If we are going to throw 'I'm in the industry' around, my husband is 'in the industry' and his organisation are all set to go and do what they usually do, and have not heard otherwise. They are involved in a pretty major set-up, year in year out.

Meaningless really, but I just thought I'd join in.......

It costs nothing to make a few provisional bookings in the very off chance that they decide to run a smaller festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm David Bowie and I'm headlining the Sunday, suck it ya'll.

Also, I'd like FIDLAR please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just had a look at the Festival Republic fb page and noticed that they told someone today that EP is going ahead..Still fairly skeptical though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just had a look at the Festival Republic fb page and noticed that they told someone today that EP is going ahead..Still fairly skeptical though! :(

Took them 2 weeks to give such a short reply...?
    Surely they could of given a more positive answer..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

exilec wrote: »
    Took them 2 weeks to give such a short reply...?
    Surely they could of given a more positive answer..:confused:

Yeah I don't know what to make of it all at this stage.

Like if it was 100% going ahead, why has there not been a peep from EP on fb/twitter about it? The end of March is fast approaching too so unless they come out with concrete details before then it looks like a non-starter..

Im thinking they might have scooped someone big and they are just waiting till April to blow our minds, perhaps they have got the European festival exclusive of Daft Punk, please blow our minds EP please do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Im thinking they might have scooped someone big and they are just waiting till April to blow our minds, perhaps they have got the European festival exclusive of Daft Punk, please blow our minds EP please do.

i dont think ep has the funds for blockbuster acts, compare to oxegen there is alot less sponsorship and branding around which i imagine brings in the bucks big time also being a smaller festival economies of scale comes in to play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Some interesting names at Bestival.

Elton John for the Picnic rather than Oxegen???

Would certainly sell some tickets...

Add in Snoop Dogg, Flaming Lips, Belle and Sebastian and the Knife and you've have the beginnings of a varied and diverse line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

did ep sell out every year? i was under the impression that tickets were really hard to get? incidently the secret garden party in the uk is basically all the stuff that goes on at glastonbury from 11pm - 6am. best festival ive ever been to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

raymann wrote: »
    did ep sell out every year? i was under the impression that tickets were really hard to get? incidently the secret garden party in the uk is basically all the stuff that goes on at glastonbury from 11pm - 6am. best festival ive ever been to...

It hasn't sold out in a good few years now - reckon 2007 or 2008 would have been the last sell out. Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

LeftBlank wrote: »
    It hasn't sold out in a good few years now - reckon 2007 or 2008 would have been the last sell out. Open to correction though.

I think you are right yeah, 2008 definitely sold out but I don't think it has since then.

• Advertisement

i dont think ep has the funds for blockbuster acts, compare to oxegen there is alot less sponsorship and branding around which i imagine brings in the bucks big time also being a smaller festival economies of scale comes in to play too.

Well considering RockNess bagged Daft Punk in 2007 and thats a 35,000 capacity festival, I cannot see why they could not do EP. Oxegen bagged them in 2007 much to the detriment of the Scottish counterpart T in the Park and its fans, as RockNess had scooped them as a Scottish exclusive that year.

Advertisement