Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

david75 wrote: »
    Could you look anyone in the eye coming to pay you that much for a ticket you got for less than half wha you're charging them?

I've gotten a free ticket to picnic the last few years, but I always get myself an earlybird ticket as soon as they are on sale just in case the freebie doesn't come to me. So I got my €149 ticket this year, the freebie came last week and agreed to sell it on Friday for €150.

When you see the stupid prices people are paying (~€400) it does make part of me a little bit raging and wish I'd gotten more for it. But it's stingy as f*ck, and for the reason you've said above I just can't do it. Always remember sold out gigs I've been desperate to go to and the joy when you manage to find a face value ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is the Red Bull Music Academy Stage the "Rave in the Woods" this year?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

rebelreded wrote: »
    Does anyone know if an offer to buy is in anyway a contractual agreement in adverts.ie?

The divil in me wants to high bid for lots of these, arrange collection, and not show up.....

Bad form?

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

ah here it was the week before a few times as I recall. I need something to keep me tide over......Wednesday?? ...you mean I might have to do some work this week

2 years ago I recall it was out the Friday before. Last year it was either the Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Does anyone know if an offer to buy is in anyway a contractual agreement in adverts.ie?

The divil in me wants to high bid for lots of these, arrange collection, and not show up.....

Bad form?

I don't think the rules are being enforced over there at the moment. Pair selling for 900 over there now. Seriously... when did adverts.ie start allowing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lxTVRul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

I'm pitching my tent up in Casa Bacardi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I'm pitching my tent up in Casa Bacardi

You could get arrested for that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Apologies if this has been posted before, read through the thread and couldn't find it, and can't find it on website either. Is there a drink limit a la Body and Soul? 48 cans or whatever? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Ye , 2 slabs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sackedlunch

lxTVRul.jpg

Where has this appeared from? Looks good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Apologies if this has been posted before, read through the thread and couldn't find it, and can't find it on website either. Is there a drink limit a la Body and Soul? 48 cans or whatever? Thanks

Weekend campers are permitted to bring 48 cans per person or less to the campsite.

After 11pm attendees are allowed bring in 4 cans per person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Weekend campers are permitted to bring 48 cans per person or less to the campsite.

Grand job, better than the 24 can limit at body and soul, ran out during saturday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

maximoose wrote: »
    I've gotten a free ticket to picnic the last few years, but I always get myself an earlybird ticket as soon as they are on sale just in case the freebie doesn't come to me. So I got my €149 ticket this year, the freebie came last week and agreed to sell it on Friday for €150.

When you see the stupid prices people are paying (~€400) it does make part of me a little bit raging and wish I'd gotten more for it. But it's stingy as f*ck, and for the reason you've said above I just can't do it. Always remember sold out gigs I've been desperate to go to and the joy when you manage to find a face value ticket :)

Go to hell you capitalist pig!!

Go to hell you capitalist pig!!

After service charge I'm actually down about €3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

pjf2013 wrote: »

How much spirits/wine can one bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Do people actually get through 48 cans in a weekend ? thats 16 per day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

So I got my €149 ticket this year, the freebie came last week and agreed to sell it on Friday for €150.

Can't believe you're making a profit selling your ticket, tout!!

threein99 wrote: »

There's some dark magic that takes hold in the forest of Stradbally.

If I sat at home drinking cans, I'd be fairly gone after about 8/9.

I'm bringing 24 cans of beer, 12 cans of Kopparberg and a litre of southie - and still considering a bit more :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Lemsiper wrote: »
    How much spirits/wine can one bring?

4 cans;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

threein99 wrote: »
    It's not that bad, I usually have a bottle of whiskey and a few pints in the arena too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

There's some dark magic that takes hold in the forest of Stradbally.

If I sat at home drinking cans, I'd be fairly gone after about 8/9.

I'm bringing 24 cans of beer, 12 cans of Kopparberg and a litre of southie - and still considering a bit more :o

30 cans and a bottle of Vodka for me

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

20 cans and 2 bottles of vodka

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I think a lot of people are expecting Love This Giant (David Byrne & St. Vincent) to play mostly just David Byrne/Talking Heads material. Which won't be the case at all.

No, but they usually do Burning Down the House, This Must Be the Place, and another TH song, I think Road to Nowhere.

Video from last month, an outdoor show in Salt Lake City. This'd do me right on a hungover Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Where has this appeared from? Looks good to me!
    Hidden Agenda posted it on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

quick question re: family camping tickets. Does this give you access to the other camp sites and the campervan section? my friend has one of these tickets and I have the normal one, with a campervan ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

quick question re: family camping tickets. Does this give you access to the other camp sites and the campervan section? my friend has one of these tickets and I have the normal one, with a campervan ticket.

You can go into the other campsites with a family camping ticket. I don't think you are allowed tents in the campervan section. And there is also a different section for family campervans.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Sweet, just did a trawl of the pound shops on Talbot St and picked up an emergency foil tent, some foil blankets, a pack of glowsticks and a tarpaulin for 12 euro. Far too excited to do any work at this stage. Looks like I'll be a write-off for the rest of the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Im doing the 10k run. Anyone ever done this before? Gruelling?

No matter how sore your feet are DO NOT take off your socks and run in shoes only. It seemed a great idea for about 50m then i wanted to cry
    Eod100 wrote: »
    If anyone's meeting someone at the site to buy a ticket you can make sure the ticket's real by going up to swap it for a wristband!

can be an issue as I don't think they give you the band to take but clip it on your arm staight away.

Bad form?

yes, cause if you do boost up the prices you are also hurting those people actually looking to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

This has to be fake right?!

Ad's 2 weeks old so still tickets going then! :S

http://www.donedeal.ie/weddingjewellery-for-sale/engagement-ring/5493447

Advertisement