Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

What time is Giorgio likely to be on at on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bjorks is just on for an hour, and disclosure on main stage in silly, they are better in a tent.
    yep, Disclosure on the main stage is quite odd, I know they're the biggest dance act that day, but they're hardly on the Chemical Brothers/Underworld/Orbital level. would be much better off putting them in the Electric Arena at that time.

Bjork on last, with Two Door Cinema Club before her would make more sense too I would have thought...

some time around 10pm i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

22.30-00.00 according to http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

22.30-00.00 according to http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/?

That's ****e if he's on the exact same time as Fatboy Slim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

Starting to like the Heineken coldroom idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

paulbok wrote: »
    Starting to like the Heineken coldroom idea.

Sounded great until I went out to see what price Heineken was on offer for. Cheapest I could see was 12 cans for €18 :eek:

If you can find a decent offer it's a great idea. But otherwise, cheaper cans + bucket of ice bought at one of the stalls ftw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who are disclosure?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Raoul

maximoose wrote: »
    Sounded great until I went out to see what price Heineken was on offer for. Cheapest I could see was 12 cans for €18 :eek:

If you can find a decent offer it's a great idea. But otherwise, cheaper cans + bucket of ice bought at one of the stalls ftw.

12 cans for 18 euro is hardly robbery?

Flippin wu tang are on so early. Wasn't planning to go down too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Who are disclosure?

"I could tell you...but you wouldn't understand" :cool:

• Advertisement

Not quite robbery, but far from good value for something as mediocre as Heineken.

I rekindled my love for smithwicks...Heineken is just tasteless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah but not at a festival where the cans are all warm from being in your tent all weekend.

Dutch Gold and Bavaria are the 2 beers that are much much nicer when warm.

Believe it or not Dutch can taste fruity almost after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why is the drop off point about 3473048730438 miles from the campsite?!

It's not.... It's only 3473048730437 miles from the campsite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

I brought 24 cans of smithwicks one year. By Sunday the taste of warm smithwicks gets very old. Very old indeed.

danniemcq wrote: »
    yeah but not at a festival where the cans are all warm from being in your tent all weekend.

Dutch Gold and Bavaria are the 2 beers that are much much nicer when warm.

Believe it or not Dutch can taste fruity almost after a while

I had bulmers last year, I kept in black bag insulated with all my clothes and zipped up in backpack, cans stayed cool all weekend. doing the same this weekend.:D

I brought 24 cans of smithwicks one year. By Sunday the taste of warm smithwicks gets very old. Very old indeed.

I might vary it so. bulmers and smithwicks, odd combo but a change is as good as A holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I reckon cans of stella might be a good call. Cheap and drinkable. Even when warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

I really, really hate that Two Door Cinema Club are on after both Robert Plant and Bjork. :mad:

• Advertisement

Who are disclosure?
    one of the biggest acts in the UK this year.
    no.1 album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

denisstack wrote: »
    I really, really hate that Two Door Cinema Club are on after both Robert Plant and Bjork. :mad:

I think it's a great time. Early in the evening so I can really enjoy Robert Plant. I've missed headline acts before because I got carried away on the booze during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

martandr wrote: »
    So where the hell is the silent camp?

Silent? hmmm, don't get your hopes up. It's not really even Quiet. The Less Loud Camp. Bring earplugs and you'll be grand.

Last couple years it was a slice of the Warhol camp, next to the camper van area.

I might vary it so. bulmers and smithwicks, odd combo but a change is as good as A holiday.
    Bulmers isnt a bad choice to be honest. Never thought of that. Lager gets very pissy after being left in the tent.

I'll be mixing it up with a fine vintage year of le buckfast however. Adds a certain 'i dont know what,' as the French would say, to proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

catch--22 wrote: »
    I think it's a great time. Early in the evening so I can really enjoy Robert Plant. I've missed headline acts before because I got carried away on the booze during the day!

Well that's another way of looking at it I suppose! At least I'll be able to properly remember his set. I was hoping both him and the Eels would be in a tent though.

Bulmers isnt a bad choice to be honest. Never thought of that. Lager gets very pissy after being left in the tent.

I'll be mixing it up with a fine vintage year of le buckfast however. Adds a certain 'i dont know what,' as the French would say, to proceedings.

Bucky makes me a bold boy. Good fun tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Who are disclosure?

A supergroup involving Demi Moore and Michael Douglas, who's on drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

I'm thinking of getting the bus for the first time. Does anyone know how long it takes from Dublin? I need to be there for around 9pm on Friday night, thinking of taking a bus at 7pm? What do you think? And do you need to book tix?

Also I have the crappest iphone 4 with short battery life. Is there a free place to charge phones? I know there must be, just checking.

And one of our crew wants to bring a gas stove so he doesn't have to Q for his cuppa tae in the morning. Not sure if they'll let that in or not? Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait.... eeeee!!!

Bucky makes me a bold boy. Good fun tho
    It's the elixir of life after a hard night. Puts an auld pep in the step. Puts the hangover off for another day.

• Advertisement

And one of our crew wants to bring a gas stove so he doesn't have to Q for his cuppa tae in the morning. Not sure if they'll let that in or not? Anyone any ideas?

That seems like an awful lot of hassle for some tea... there's people walking around the campsite serving tea/coffee/hot chocolate - you can't miss the f*ckers as they repeat "tea/coffee/hot chocolate" constantly

Advertisement