Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'm thinking of getting the bus for the first time. Does anyone know how long it takes from Dublin? I need to be there for around 9pm on Friday night, thinking of taking a bus at 7pm? What do you think? And do you need to book tix?

Also I have the crappest iphone 4 with short battery life. Is there a free place to charge phones? I know there must be, just checking.

And one of our crew wants to bring a gas stove so he doesn't have to Q for his cuppa tae in the morning. Not sure if they'll let that in or not? Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait.... eeeee!!!

no to the gas stove.

There is free charging in the arena or there is fiver charging in the campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

This Side Up are playing the Trailer Park at 9.50 on the Friday, for those of you fortunate enough to know them. For those that don't, they're a Sligo Hip Hop group, one of the highlights for me last year! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNly7_2rp9k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sligo Hip Hop group

shudder.gif&size=400x1000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Am I getting this right about the Heineken spot they offer two options

1. Already chilled cans of Heineken.......12 for 18 quid
    2. They will chill any cans you give them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Irish accents and Hip Hop is a big no-no in my book.

Sligo accents and Hip Hop should be a criminal offence.

• Advertisement

miller82 wrote: »
    Am I getting this right about the Heineken spot they offer two options

1. Already chilled cans of Heineken.......12 for 18 quid
    2. They will chill any cans you give them

are you taking this from what I said earlier? 12 for 18 was the cheapest I could find Heineken cans in supermarkets, I'd say they'll be much dearer buying them at EP.

I think you bring your Heineken cans to them, and exchange for chilled ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why is the drop off point about 3473048730438 miles from the campsite?!

Thats the Ryanair drop off point.

Raoul wrote: »
    12 cans for 18 euro is hardly robbery?

Flippin wu tang are on so early. Wasn't planning to go down too early.

Superquinn are doing 8 (500ml) cans for €12.
    Gonna pick up a few packs on the way home.

That's the same price.

Looking at the map, what the hell is the electric maze?

maximoose wrote: »
    That's the same price.

There's no fooling you :D

Some folk might like to know where these similiarly priced drinks can be found?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

maximoose wrote: »
    That's the same price.

Looking at the map, what the hell is the electric maze?
    It's when you're off your rocker and cant find your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mgkelly

No, but they usually do Burning Down the House, This Must Be the Place, and another TH song, I think Road to Nowhere.

Video from last month, an outdoor show in Salt Lake City. This'd do me right on a hungover Sunday.

Oh, fantastic! Listening to the Byrne/St Vincent album today, but do like a bit of Talking Heads. Never envisaged hearing any of this live, ever.
    Hurray!!

:D:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

DISCLOSURE (told ye), Noah, EELS, and Ellie Goulding on the mainstage... F-ck you organisers, f-ck you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'll take that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Who cares where they're playing? If you're not happy there's literally thousands of people willing to take your ticket off of your hands!!

(saying that, the postman arrived with mine this morning :)

Missed the last two years, mad excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bulmers isnt a bad choice to be honest. Never thought of that. Lager gets very pissy after being left in the tent.

Its very pissy on the way out too he he!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any silent disco??

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Any silent disco??

Cosby Stage is listed as "Cosby Stage/Silent Disco" on sitemap

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Does anyone have any idea if the thursday evening beforehand will be busy in Stradbally? I'm working at it on the friday but have to camp on the thursday night. Also, on the same subject, does anyone know where the staff camping is located?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

some douche looking for €600 on done deal for ONE ticket!! fcuk me..,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

had anybody got a link to the Map of this years event? I bought a ticket and I can't seem to find one anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlanC275.

Barster wrote: »
    had anybody got a link to the Map of this years event? I bought a ticket and I can't seem to find one anywhere

http://cdn1.goldenplec.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1269961_10153175445290201_890162731_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

just out of curiosity have many people managed to source tickets since its sold out? The majority of the ad's appear to be wind up's. But i will keep trying until friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

tolow wrote: »
    just out of curiosity have many people managed to source tickets since its sold out? The majority of the ad's appear to be wind up's. But i will keep trying until friday morning

My guess is right now anyone with spares who isn't interested in selling them at stupid prices will be offering the option to buy them to their circle of friends. As time to the event dries up people will stop waiting for people to get back to them and will put them out to the general public in case they get stuck with them. I reckon we'll start seeing that around Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

I'm thinking of getting the bus for the first

Also I have the crappest iphone 4 with short battery life. Is there a free place to charge phones? I know there must be, just checking.

Thanks in advance. I can't wait.... eeeee!!!

Turn off all data settings on iPhone, usually in settings under carrier. Still allows you use phone calls and text but will extend battery life hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just saw on twitter according to @themlads a journo that ''Promoters of the Electric Picnic and site owner to sign contract this week to continue the festival in Stradbally for another 10 years.''

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Thanks Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Cannot get my head around the organizers decision to put Disclosure on the Main Stage... they would create an amazing atmosphere in the Electric Arena!
    Sure they'll still be great but the vibe will be completely lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

I heard that you can bring a single ring gas stove this year into the camp sites? Is there any truth to behind this?

Advertisement