Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes but you have to use it in the cooking zones

Cool, thanks. Just wondering if its now worth the effort!! :confused: Very hard to cook a lot on single gas stove

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Line-up has actually turned out to be pretty top drawer this year after all the later additions. Hudmo, Crystal Fighters, Mano Le Tough and Ben Klock are all definitely worth a visit and play great sets. Unfortunately didn't manage to get a ticket in time for myself this year so won't be going for the first time in 4 years but the prices are gone completely crazy now. If anyone has one spare at cost price though feel free to PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

tolow wrote: »
    just out of curiosity have many people managed to source tickets since its sold out? The majority of the ad's appear to be wind up's. But i will keep trying until friday morning

Keep trying for tickets. My neighbours were looking for two and found them an hour or two ago. A girl was selling one she won on a 1 euro competition - ;)

They are there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is there any word on the offy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

driving down Friday avo from Dublin and sleeping in the van. what car park should i aim for do people reckon ? suppose closeness to the camping site is the most important, probably hendrix side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Bus - does anyone know how long the bus takes from Dublin on a Friday night to stradbally?
    Very NB... and do you have to book?

Thanks for the answers re. the tea man and iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Is there no quiet camp site this year? Just looking at the map posted earlier

http://cdn1.goldenplec.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1269961_10153175445290201_890162731_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know where the Heineken Coldrooms are going to be? I see it on the Legend in the map but i dont see it on the actual map.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the Heineken Coldrooms are going to be? I see it on the Legend in the map but i dont see it on the actual map.
    in the Jimi Hendrix campsite, by the arena entrance

EPSiteMapLG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Disclosure on the main stage is madness, they've been killing arena's at festivals this summer, their live show is geared towards arena's, for a main stage headline slot at EP you need more than just a big sound, you need a serious visual show aswell, last 2 years Orbital and Chemical Brothers are testament to that, I haven't seen any evidence of that with Disclosure yet, unless they have something lined up especially for this weekend, the other big part of their live show is the guest vocalists, last weekend at reading it was Ed McFarlane, Aluna George, Sam Smith, other times i've seen Jessie Ware or Eliza Doolittle with them, this weekend Sam Smith is on the EP bill & I can't see any of the mentioned names coming over to EP just to sing a track with lads, i'm a fan of Disclosure and have been looking forward to seeing them but I think EP have made a mistake giving them this slot, it's also evidentce of the cost cutting, they could have gone with an established electronic act like Prodigy and left Disclosure in the Electric Arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Looking forward to these. Think female Jack White kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Disclosure on the main stage is madness, they've been killing arena's at festivals this summer, their live show is geared towards arena's, for a main stage headline slot at EP you need more than just a big sound, you need a serious visual show aswell, last 2 years Orbital and Chemical Brothers are testament to that, I haven't seen any evidence of that with Disclosure yet, unless they have something lined up especially for this weekend, the other big part of their live show is the guest vocalists, last weekend at reading it was Ed McFarlane, Aluna George, Sam Smith, other times i've seen Jessie Ware or Eliza Doolittle with them, this weekend Sam Smith is on the EP bill & I can't see any of the mentioned names coming over to EP just to sing a track with lads, i'm a fan of Disclosure and have been looking forward to seeing them but I think EP have made a mistake giving them this slot, it's also evidentce of the cost cutting, they could have gone with an established electronic act like Prodigy and left Disclosure in the Electric Arena

I agree re:the main stage etc but friendly fires are djing in the bacardi casa arena. so thats two guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sitemap has changed again. They haven't a clue what they're doing.
    Campervans pushed even further away from the arena. It's a 1K walk according to someone on FB.
    New campsite added 'janis joplin'

1239559_10151825717249168_1985847976_n.jpg

Janis joplin must be quiet and eco campsite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Surely MBV are going to be wasted on the main stage too? The Holocaust and then Fat Boy Slim? Not much crossover there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEt6aqzumdo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If you've a Sunday ticket can you get to the Red Bull Stage? Would presume so but can't make out the entrance to it from the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

New campsite added? Possibility of them adding more tickets or just wishful thinking on my part?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Eod100 wrote: »
    If you've a Sunday ticket can you get to the Red Bull Stage? Would presume so but can't make out the entrance to it from the arena?

nope, only access to the main arena, body and souls etc. you won't have campsite access so you cannot enter any of the forest stages

nope, only access to the main arena, body and souls etc. you won't have campsite access so you cannot enter any of the forest stages

Aren't Trenchtown and Salty Dog in the forest though?Looks like you can access them from the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Aren't Trenchtown and Salty Dog in the forest though?Looks like you can access them from the arena?

They aren't part of the main arena (unless things are changed round this year).

• Advertisement

I read on EP facebook page that there would be access to trenchtown and salty Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I assume everything inside the dotted pink line is the arena and therefore for sunday ticket holders and anything outside of that is camping only. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Definitely always have been the forest!

As far as I'm aware the Salty dog ship wreck stays there all year. Vaguely remember hearing it was too weak to move??

What's with the funfair in Hendrix? Ill be well pissed off if its near my reg. spot "scream if you want to go faster!!!"

I'm seeing a HudMo-sized gap in between the Bjork and Disclosure turns on the Main Stage - please make it so MCD!!!

I assume everything inside the dotted pink line is the arena and therefore for sunday ticket holders and anything outside of that is camping only. :P

Well besides the Red Bull stage it's all just camping really. Knew day-ticket holders wouldn't have access to them but kinda assumed they'd be able to access all stages (besides rave in the woods cos that's down past the campsites yeah?)

Back in the dark days of March I was getting quite worried that EP was at an end.

Even a couple of weeks ago I was still only begrudgingly looking forward to the event and doing a lot of moaning about the line-up.

A bit of quality listening to some acts later - and with the RBMA stage getting announced, and with the good vibes I'm getting from the sell-out (in particular for what this means for the festival carrying on for the next few years you'd have to think...), I'm even starting to think positive thoughts about MCD :eek:

Now as long as they don't do anything stupid like put a funfair slap bang on top of where I always camp... :(

Ah well, by sometime late on Friday I guess I'll have my own personal funfair going on in my head. May just have to make it last all weekend :D

Four more sleeps people!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I agree re:the main stage etc but friendly fires are djing in the bacardi casa arena. so thats two guests.
    Friendly Fires DJ set is usually just Jack Savidge, have only seen Ed do 1 DJ set (on Boiler Room), so wouldn't be hugely surprised if Ed isn't here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Back in the dark days of March I was getting quite worried that EP was at an end.

Even a couple of weeks ago I was still only begrudgingly looking forward to the event and doing a lot of moaning about the line-up.

A bit of quality listening to some acts later - and with the RBMA stage getting announced, and with the good vibes I'm getting from the sell-out (in particular for what this means for the festival carrying on for the next few years you'd have to think...), I'm even starting to think positive thoughts about MCD :eek:

Now as long as they don't do anything stupid like put a funfair slap bang on top of where I always camp... :(

Ah well, by sometime late on Friday I guess I'll have my own personal funfair going on in my head. May just have to make it last all weekend :D

Four more sleeps people!

Only worry is , if MCD are actually doing it this year under the guise of festival republic and the security are going to be the complete and utter knobs that they normally get and not the nordie/scottish crowd that are there every year who are normally fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

I'm seeing a HudMo-sized gap in between the Bjork and Disclosure turns on the Main Stage - please make it so MCD!!!

Two Door Cinema Club playing in-between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What campsite are people thinking would be the best? I might be looking for a few hours sleep at some stage so I wouldn't mind somewhere quiet.

Advertisement