Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    What campsite are people thinking would be the best? I might be looking for a few hours sleep at some stage so I wouldn't mind somewhere quiet.

Seriously ear plugs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just get so drunk that you pass out as soon as you get into the tent! Or be the last person awake.

Earplugs also work.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Only worry is , if MCD are actually doing it this year under the guise of festival republic and the security are going to be the complete and utter knobs that they normally get and not the nordie/scottish crowd that are there every year who are normally fine.

Yea Ditto on the security! The Scot crowd are pro's do all festivals over the UK so any power trip ego is well faded, mind you they don't take any ****! But are friendly and fair at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I need to make a list of all the things. All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea Ditto on the security! The Scot crowd are pro's do all festivals over the UK so any power trip ego is well faded, mind you they don't take any ****! But are friendly and fair at the same time!
    Will it be the same guys who did Longtitude? If so, I couldn't fault them at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Two Door Cinema Club playing in-between.

HudMo will be in Little Big Tent I imagine - hopefully at similar time to TDCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Am I reading it correct that parking is free? or is that only for those with disabled stickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

SV wrote: »
    Am I reading it correct everywhere that parking is free? or is that only for those with disabled stickers?

All parking is free

Bjork demoted like Elbow last year.

Eels made it pretty high on the main stage bill?

Surprised not to see little green cars on the main stage! They'll play to a wedged electric arena I imagine!

Odd for disclosure, definitely late act material! But was expecting them to headline the electric arena!! (That explains Ryan Sheridan!) Lesser profile than chemical bros or left field but I think they're worthy!
    But it's very hard to build intensity & atmosphere outdoors. Seen underworld both in/outdoors at the picnic, and the difference was unreal indoor wins hands down.
    When leftfield played (who are known to crank up the volume, even barred from some venues as they caused structural damage!!) they had serious volume, I could feel my body vibrating from about 300M away, but still wasn't the same.
    My fear is Disclosure won't be well known enough here + that lack of intensity outdoors could make it a horrible gig? (Hope not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone any idea what the story with getting a bus back to Dublin after Sundays gigs is?

I'm camping from Friday and have a friend taking my stuff back Monday, but I need to be in Dublin on Monday morning (mandatory college induction day... gah)...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone any idea what the story with getting a bus back to Dublin after Sundays gigs is?

I'm camping from Friday and have a friend taking my stuff back Monday, but I need to be in Dublin on Monday morning (mandatory college induction day... gah)...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

does anyone know if it is possible to arrive as a pedestrian on Thursday afternoon?

I will be staying in a campervan which is the only part of the campsite open thursday, but I am arriving much later than my brother who is driving the van

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

foolelle wrote: »
    does anyone know if it is possible to arrive as a pedestrian on Thursday afternoon?

I will be staying in a campervan which is the only part of the campsite open thursday, but I am arriving much later than my brother who is driving the van

Where ya walking from? :pac:

Where ya walking from? :pac:

will get the train to portlaois and then a bus to the site

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clairetales

i got a complimentary body and soul electric picnic ticket from somebody who does work in electric picnic it doesnt say anything about having to pay 30e to charity as most people say its on the tickets, can anyone advise do i have to pay ???

foolelle wrote: »
    will get the train to portlaois and then a bus to the site

They've a drop off point somewhere on the map. People were talking about it earlier, go back a few pages and you'll see it. I'd be very surprised if it wasnt open on Thursday as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whats the Pinkman camping?

i got a complimentary body and soul electric picnic ticket from somebody who does work in electric picnic it doesnt say anything about having to pay 30e to charity as most people say its on the tickets, can anyone advise do i have to pay ???

You got a free ticket and you're whinging about paying 30 quid to charity?

nope trust me i paid through the roof for it why im inquiring

They've a drop off point somewhere on the map. People were talking about it earlier, go back a few pages and you'll see it. I'd be very surprised if it wasnt open on Thursday as well.

thanks but to be honest I dont need a drop off point, I'm just wondering if i can gain access to the site without a campervan

can anyone help?

• Advertisement

You got a free ticket and you're whinging about paying 30 quid to charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I done it last year and it's 30 quid extra for the band :/ ...if you paid lots for it there should be included In the ad or whatnot! Those tickets were usually given away for competitions and stuff

Also... Tyskie is the choice of beer and ear plugs are a must! I even use ear plugs and ear muffs

-=al=- wrote: »
    I done it last year and it's 30 quid extra for the band :/ ...if you paid lots for it there should be included In the ad or whatnot! Those tickets were usually given away for competitions and stuff

Also... Tyskie is the choice of beer and ear plugs are a must! I even use ear plugs and ear muffs

did it have it printed on ticket or is it just a given with complimentary tickets

thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

generally if it doesn't say on the ticket about the contribution, then you don't. have never got comp EP tickets, but have for a few other festivals and didn't have to pay at the gate. other comp ones had the bit about the donation on them, and did.

generally if it doesn't say on the ticket about the contribution, then you don't. have never got comp EP tickets, but have for a few other festivals and didn't have to pay at the gate. other comp ones had the bit about the donation on them, and did.

ye i got complimentary oxegen tickets aswell and never had to donate, if it come to it i will pay no problem will just payed enough for the ticket as it was could do with the price not bumping up more... only got today im lucky to have one

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

There are different types of Comp tickets. The ones with which you have to contribute 30 euros are the residents tickets which are raffled off to the residents of Stradbally mostly. It is stated on the tickets that the donation must be paid. Other tickets are available that do not have this stipulation, I'm guessing these are for competition winners etc.
    There is a separate queue at the wristband exchange for comp tickets (or at least there was in 2010 when I was there last).
    If you do have to make a charitable contribution though, you should be happy that EP donate the money from these tickets to local charities around the Laois area, which is nice.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Disclosure on the main stage is madness, they've been killing arena's at festivals this summer, their live show is geared towards arena's, for a main stage headline slot at EP you need more than just a big sound, you need a serious visual show aswell, last 2 years Orbital and Chemical Brothers are testament to that, I haven't seen any evidence of that with Disclosure yet, unless they have something lined up especially for this weekend, the other big part of their live show is the guest vocalists, last weekend at reading it was Ed McFarlane, Aluna George, Sam Smith, other times i've seen Jessie Ware or Eliza Doolittle with them, this weekend Sam Smith is on the EP bill & I can't see any of the mentioned names coming over to EP just to sing a track with lads, i'm a fan of Disclosure and have been looking forward to seeing them but I think EP have made a mistake giving them this slot, it's also evidentce of the cost cutting, they could have gone with an established electronic act like Prodigy and left Disclosure in the Electric Arena

Your man from friendly fires performs with them I'm guessing will be there too.. Or is the dj set performed by some completely random dj??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

did it have it printed on ticket or is it just a given with complimentary tickets

thanks for reply

I have one. It actually says €30 donation on the ticket I have. I'd say if it's not printed on it you don't have to pay.

I paid €150 + a €30 donation brings it up to €180, and I'm pleased with that. Feel sorry for all the people who can't get tickets, hope bad sh1t happens the scumbag touts selling tickets for €400-€500!! Wankerz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The ticket I had last year was just a piece of paper with a donation contribution for charity on it! There is a ticket booth to the side of the entrance where they get sorted and they will ask or 30quid donation to get the band

If you get access to the V.I.P area with it then it's worth the 30 quid to be quite frank!

• Advertisement

I have one. It actually says €30 donation on the ticket I have. I'd say if it's not printed on it you don't have to pay.

I paid €150 + a €30 donation brings it up to €180, and I'm pleased with that. Feel sorry for all the people who can't get tickets, hope bad sh1t happens the scumbag touts selling tickets for €400-€500!! Wankerz!!

thanks thats very helpful i paid 320 today for one for my boyfriend it makes me sick to think why i was wondering about the donation i got mine on presale loyalty discount for 179, but after combining two its evens itsself out barely

Advertisement