Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm kinda out of the loop with regards to this Rankin's wood stage, is it open air? RIP Crawdaddy! the greatest of all the EP stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MickieMc1820

Im new to this, so don't bite please. Just wondering is anyone aware of any private buses or any other form of transportation from cavan town to EP? Any help is much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

EPSiteMapLG.jpg

I'm assuming the dotted purple line is the barrier between campsites and the arena? It now includes the salty dog and trench town, meaning we cant go to either with our cans:(:(

Though to be fair that map is terrible, it doesn't even have the main festival entrance on it... Maybe its as inaccurate as it looks and the salty dog can be accessed without going into the arena. I hope so anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

I had been reloading this page all morning to see if there any new posts, but only just realised that there weren't likely to be any before 07:00. Three days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elser

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but is it true that you can bring your own beer in the arena after 11??...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Elser wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but is it true that you can bring your own beer in the arena after 11??...

yes, it's true. State here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm assuming the dotted purple line is the barrier between campsites and the arena? It now includes the salty dog and trench town, meaning we cant go to either with our cans:(:(

Though to be fair that map is terrible, it doesn't even have the main festival entrance on it... Maybe its as inaccurate as it looks and the salty dog can be accessed without going into the arena. I hope so anyway!!

Ah balls. That's just occured to me now. Hopefully it's not true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Wasn't someone saying that the Salty Dog / Trenchtown had to be made available to people who only had day passes?

jaysus, that map above is a mess. I think I will wait until the time breakdown is released and will take it all from there. God I hope they know what they're doing....they should by now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jackichan111

I love my camera, but it is also my baby - and I get annoyed with carrying it around. Is it safe to leave in the tents? Wondering if people steals from tents when unattended...

Another factor is the rain... but I really just want to bring it for a few shots anyway even if it rains and keep it in the tent the remainder of the time. I won't want to carry it around all weekend, so just asking what y'all think! Is it safe to bring? or am I better off leaving it behind?

PS. My phone camera sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

I still don't get why there's a funfair in Hendrix?! ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just looked at my ticket (bought through TicketMaster) and it says ESBCamping on it, or something to that effect. I presume I was very lucky to get my ticket and that it had been a ticket allocated to Electric Ireland but given back to - or recalled by - the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Pretty sure that map is off, the scale is all wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but it looks like fossets circus are back. All their trucks are parked up on the n80 between portlaoise and stradbally at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

I love my camera, but it is also my baby - and I get annoyed with carrying it around. Is it safe to leave in the tents? Wondering if people steals from tents when unattended...

Another factor is the rain... but I really just want to bring it for a few shots anyway even if it rains and keep it in the tent the remainder of the time. I won't want to carry it around all weekend, so just asking what y'all think! Is it safe to bring? or am I better off leaving it behind?

PS. My phone camera sucks

Do not leave anything valuable unattended in a tent. Theft from tents is an unfortunate reality.

If you do not want to carry it all weekend, then leave it at home, or lock it in your car when not using (assuming you're driving).

The picnic is an outstanding place to get photo's but (imo) you're not going to get anything so original that it's worth risking your camera for.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

So what's up with this whole "stage times throughout the week" sh1te.

Please tell me they'll be putting out the times for all the main tents today! (or at least Electric Arena...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but it looks like fossets circus are back. All their trucks are parked up on the n80 between portlaoise and stradbally at the moment.

It mentions it on the map alright.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oops, merged the poll thread to here and now can't remove the poll, too early for modding :*(

want a hug?

or a cookie?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

My first picnic many years ago, we just put our bags down at the end of the queue and the Scottish security guards shouted TEN SECONDS. And let everyone run through. Even we made it :)
    Good crowd they are and by hiring them the promoters don't lose money the way the would with Irish security letting their 50 mates In each.

on the topic of DSLR, I'd only take it into the arena early in the day and leave it gig locker after 6. You might be fine but some knob in a crowded area pushing means you could end up on your arse with someone falling on your camera.

At least with normal little cameras you don't have a worry about lenses etc snapping or cracking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

david75 wrote: »
    My first picnic many years ago, we just put our bags down at the end of the queue and the Scottish security guards shouted TEN SECONDS. And let everyone run through. Even we made it :)
    Good crowd they are and by hiring them the promoters don't lose money the way the would with Irish security letting their 50 mates In each.

I remember that...the 10 second amnesty! Brilliant way to start the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

david75 wrote: »

What was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

three days to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭enricoh

Would there be any chance of paying at the gate on the sunday? reckon I' ll pop down sunday n give it a go.
    On the offchance that it works is there anywhere inside the picnic to see the dub kerry match. Haven't been in a few years n remember a crowd camping beside us heading into town to watch a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Do not leave anything valuable unattended in a tent. Theft from tents is an unfortunate reality.

If you do not want to carry it all weekend, then leave it at home, or lock it in your car when not using (assuming you're driving).

The picnic is an outstanding place to get photo's but (imo) you're not going to get anything so original that it's worth risking your camera for.

There is also gig locker as an option..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Sitemap has changed again. They haven't a clue what they're doing.
    Campervans pushed even further away from the arena. It's a 1K walk according to someone on FB.
    New campsite added 'janis joplin'

The campervan campsite was always a long walk from the arena. It is the furthest away.

Seriously need to know times for Saturday. I wanted to bring in the kids for a few hours and then drop them to the granny's mid-afternoon.
    From the looks of the few times that have been posted - there is stuff I want to see continuously from 2.30 through to 10ish.

At dinner table yesterday with the family and we were talking about EP and how excited we are all getting.
    Told no.1 child about the door with a frame in the middle of a field, the Door to Nowhere.
    He asks where does it go?
    I said nowhere - it is a door with a frame in the middle of a field.
    The poor child couldn't handle it at all - and fell around the place laughing with the most confused expression on his face.

Seemingly the chocolate factory will be in soul kids on Friday evening - and they will be choc shots competition. You have never seen such greed on the faces of two kids in your life. ;)

enricoh wrote: »
    Would there be any chance of paying at the gate on the sunday? reckon I' ll pop down sunday n give it a go.
    On the offchance that it works is there anywhere inside the picnic to see the dub kerry match. Haven't been in a few years n remember a crowd camping beside us heading into town to watch a match.

for the last few years I've been at EP they never screened GAA matches (or any other match for that matter). We went down to the village to watch the All Ireland, all pubs were mobbed and the large screens were useless (and my team lost so it was a bad few hours:( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

The matches will be shown in the Gaeilge tent with live commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Folks staying in family campsite. Any electrical outlets to pump airbed using electric pump?

Could bum off the campervans maybe :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

guest tickets - access to guest camping have a charity donation.

comp tickets - have no contribiution

Advertisement