Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Loscherland

coconutpie wrote: »
    The matches will be shown in the Gaeilge tent with live commentary

Where exactly did you hear that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Where exactly did you hear that!?

http://www.anpuballgaeilge.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Why can't they show United v Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Cause everyone knows Liverpool are gonna win that anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A forin game dowan da country? Are ye mad boy?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

danniemcq wrote: »

Well I'd like to witness Liverpool win. But I'm sure I'll have bigger fish to fry anyway. Weekend without sport won't do me any harm

danniemcq wrote: »

Ahahaha, what time are you in the comedy tent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Its sad if you're going out of your way at a music festival to listen to commentary of some GAA match, or any sport at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Its sad if you're going out of your way at a music festival to listen to commentary of some GAA match, or any sport at that.

It's much much more than a music festival.

Can anyone confirm if they let you into the campsite with a wheelbarrow?

The thoughts of carrying all that sh!t for a mile and a half again is giving me the dreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

TheBza wrote: »

Why?

• Advertisement

Ya, what's the problem if some people want to spend an hour and a half of the entire weekend enjoying some sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

TheBza wrote: »

That's it dismiss all interests that are not your own.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Sky King wrote: »
    It's much much more than a music festival.

Can anyone confirm if they let you into the campsite with a wheelbarrow?

The thoughts of carrying all that sh!t for a mile and a half again is giving me the dreads.

yes you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Viserion

Carpark question

Driving up this year for the first time. Last year we got dropped in Stradbally village, walked up the main street, took a left and kept going until we reached the entrance, not a bad walk at all.
    This year we're driving and I'm just wondering can we get to the carpark from the same direction, i.e. drive down main street and then there will be signs to the carpark? or do we have to approach stradbally from a different direction to get to the carpark? It is my understanding that the road we walked down last year is only for pedestrian access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

denisstack wrote: »
    That's it dismiss all interests that are not your own.

I dont why people look down their noses at people wanting to see a sporting event over the weekend. Its 90 mins out of 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

threein99 wrote: »
    I dont why people look down their noses at people wanted to see a sporting event over the weekend. Its 90 mins out of 3 days

Agreed, some people are too cool for school!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

What time would people recommend arriving on Friday?

Driving down from Dublin and have the day off so can head down whenever.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Always arrive as early as you can. With the sell out I reckon the campsites will be jammed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sineadkeo

Hi

I was hoping to find out if anyone heading back fromElectric Picnic back to Carlow town on Sunday night. Work Monday morning! Could I get a lift with you or if anyone knows of a bus organised? I know rainbow records used to organise one back in the day.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Whoever did that map must be waiting for the junior cert geography results (and will be getting disappointing news!!)

Also how come map, stage times are coming through media and in many cases the artists themselves but not available on EP website?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

Toast wrote: »
    Always arrive as early as you can. With the sell out I reckon the campsites will be jammed this year.

Sound. Will aim to arrive around 12 so. I reckon that should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Whoever did that map must be waiting for the junior cert geography results (and will be getting disappointing news!!)

Also how come map, stage times are coming through media and in many cases the artists themselves but not available on EP website?
    so people will buy the lanyard things instead of printing off the website

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Lads does anyone know if there is shuttle buses from Dublin or Galway running on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I love my camera, but it is also my baby - and I get annoyed with carrying it around. Is it safe to leave in the tents? Wondering if people steals from tents when unattended...

Another factor is the rain... but I really just want to bring it for a few shots anyway even if it rains and keep it in the tent the remainder of the time. I won't want to carry it around all weekend, so just asking what y'all think! Is it safe to bring? or am I better off leaving it behind?

PS. My phone camera sucks

I really wouldn't leave it in a tent. Worth your while using giglocker and locking it up when you get fed up of carrying it around - you'll have peace of mind that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

so people will buy the lanyard things instead of printing off the website
    in that case, i don't think they'd release them to the media.

the map was on EP's facebook page. the times are usually left as late as possible in case of cancellations/alterations.

the artists will know themselves because they have to be informed for logistics reasons.

not sure what the point of sending the Main Stage times to the media is though, especially what seems like a screenshot of an Excel spreadsheet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Eod100 wrote: »
    I really wouldn't leave it in a tent. Worth your while using giglocker and locking it up when you get fed up of carrying it around - you'll have peace of mind that way!

Yeah, giglocker is good. Don't leave anything that valuable in the tent.

I know a guy left a good camera in a tent a few picnics ago. He headed back into the arena and was gone most of the night. Came back early next day and the camera was still there.
    But, 5 years to the day later he got a parking ticket while he was out with his missus in Howth! They only got out of the car for a minute to get some icecreams!
    Don't try and tell me they are not related.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

threein99 wrote: »
    I dont why people look down their noses at people wanting to see a sporting event over the weekend. Its 90 mins out of 3 days
    I wouldn't look down my nose, I'm quite interested but I wouldn't trek all the way into Stradbally to see a game, not that dedicated. It's just nice to get away from sport banter for one weekend. I hope Dublin beat Kerry, and then Mayo beat them in Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 freelance2013

I'm thinking of bringing 24 cans and a bottle of whiskey for the weekend. This should be enough, even though I'm always worried I don't ahve enough on a normal night...

I'm going to get the knock off Jim Bean in Lidl and I was wondering if anyone knew of a nice cheap beer somewhere in the €1/can market or less? Something nice and easy on the stomach for a weekend of boozing. I'm a big fan of the Perlenbacker* in Lidl but it comes in glass bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Can anyone tell if the campervan site is open thursday night? And if so from what time?

Advertisement