Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Anybody know if there are any camping shops up Grafton St/Stephens Green direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Great outdoors is just off Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

robk84 wrote: »
    Anybody know if there are any camping shops up Grafton St/Stephens Green direction?

http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/static_page.php?page=CONTACT2#.UhyUwRZYIb4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I bloody hate Sky! the one time they actually have a "Super Sunday". Liverpool vs Man Utd and Arsenal vs Spurs. The GAA is on as well :mad: I don't care what anyone says they really should have an option to watch onsite. I was at EP the very first year and watched an Irish match, and nobody got in a fight or got stabbed :eek:

nocoverart wrote: »
    I bloody hate Sky! the one time they actually have a "Super Sunday". Liverpool vs Man Utd and Arsenal vs Spurs. The GAA is on as well :mad: I don't care what anyone says they really should have an option to watch onsite. I was at EP the very first year and watched an Irish match, and nobody got in a fight or got stabbed :eek:

maybe go home on sunday? which is more important? You do understand Sky can't just be hooked up the middle of a field. Also Pubs are on a different tariff to domestic customer, so EP would have to pay Sky under the same agreement to show matches to the public. so they would have to sign up for a year just for one day's viewing. It is just not feasible. RTE will be on site so they might have an agreement with EP & the Gaelige tent RE: licensing etc. And it is easy to stream etc. trek in to Stradbally or just go home on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Can anyone tell if the campervan site is open thursday night? And if so from what time?

its not

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

they really shouldnt have an option. people are looking for tickets to see music and people inside are preferring to do stuff they could be doing at home. cant have the best of both imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

its not

They just said on Phantom that it is open Thursday evening. Didn't catch the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

garrkell wrote: »
    they really shouldnt have an option. people are looking for tickets to see music and people inside are preferring to do stuff they could be doing at home. cant have the best of both imo.

It is the equivalent of going to the Dublin Kerry game on Sunday and then watching the golf in the corporate box. Which all "true" Gaa fans always give out about.

I like the fact that sport or news etc is not available at EP and that you are cut off in your own parallel universe from the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Garda.ie says campervan site open from 4pm thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Catmologen wrote: »
    They just said on Phantom that it is open Thursday evening. Didn't catch the time.

it's open from 4pm thursday

"The campervan campsite facility will be operational from 16:00hrs on Thursday 29th of August until 13:00hrs on Monday 2nd of September."

source: http://electricpicnic.ie/openinghours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Peterd66 wrote: »
    It is the equivalent of going to the Dublin Kerry game on Sunday and then watching the golf in the corporate box. Which all "true" Gaa fans always give out about.

I like the fact that sport or news etc is not available at EP and that you are cut off in your own parallel universe from the real world.

I think there is a bit of a difference there. A somewhat intentional blurring of the lines perhaps?!

There's a huge difference between what Roy Keane might call the "prawn sandwich brigade", and festival goers who might have an interest in a football match.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Is parking free or do you have to pay/reserve?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 martandr

Body & Soul times:

B&S2013(1).jpg
    B&S2013(2).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is parking free or do you have to pay/reserve?

free

I think there is a bit of a difference there. A somewhat intentional blurring of the lines perhaps?!

There's a huge difference between what Roy Keane might call the "prawn sandwich brigade", and festival goers who might have an interest in a football match.

we are at a boutique festival Roy Keane might call us all "prawn sandwich brigade" . My point is it is difficult to show premiership etc due to Sky licensing etc. Beside you made a decision to go to a music and arts festival live without football for one weekend if you can't, sell yer ticket...I know many who would love to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

GAH! I'll only be getting there by 6.30/7 on Friday night. Should I just assume I'm gonna be left with the dregs of camping/parking choices? Anyone wanna save me a spot :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

GAH! I'll only be getting there by 6.30/7 on Friday night. Should I just assume I'm gonna be left with the dregs of camping/parking choices? Anyone wanna save me a spot :P

By the big dead tree in Hendrix. You'll see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

B&S line up is pretty awesome this year....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Who are the very special Sunday night guests? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

golden plec just posted a photo of a seating section for the main stage. looks like it's off to the side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

we are at a boutique festival Roy Keane might call us all "prawn sandwich brigade" . My point is it is difficult to show premiership etc due to Sky licensing etc. Beside you made a decision to go to a music and arts festival live without football for one weekend if you can't, sell yer ticket...I know many who would love to buy it.

I don't think I was responding to you (!) but they don't make anyone sign a sworn affidavit stating they will engage in no, what boutique festival goers might call, low-brow activities for 72 hours!! What people are saying is that the game should be shown.

I'm just attempting to see the other side, granted. I actually don't think the match should be shown. I was down at Oxegen when Clare played Tipperary (open to correction) in the Munster Hurling Championship and there were chairs and cans going everywhere. You just can't take a risk like that when Kerry* are involved!

* denotes a joke. I hope this particular comment will be taken in the good spirited in which it was intended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Irish Sun journalist just posted this on Twitter..... Apparently a maze made out washing machines!

roll wrote: »
    B&S line up is pretty awesome this year....

I honestly don't know many of them. Gonna Google/YouTube/Spotify the sh1t out of them though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Garda.ie says campervan site open from 4pm thursday.

ah maybe they are letting folk in to campervan camping but not into the site, keep traffic flowing on the fri

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

nocoverart wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says they really should have an option to watch onsite.

I think it is specifically this attitude that gets so many people riled up against sports at festivals. Some sports fans seem to reckon that their interest is so popular that it is perfectly acceptable to assume it should be taken care of. That slight sense of entitlement sets of people who don't share the same interest more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

swords, mark mulcahy, matthew e white, le galaxie, samaris and teiraanisaur definitely a good place to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dotsy_

Toast wrote: »
    I think it is specifically this attitude that gets so many people riled up against sports at festivals. Some sports fans seem to reckon that their interest is so popular that it is perfectly acceptable to assume it should be taken care of. That slight sense of entitlement sets of people who don't share the same interest more than anything else.

Sport is that popular...

A sense of entitlement may be people thinking that 'they know plenty of people that deserve to go coz they love the arts more than sports... man, rad'

Toast wrote: »

TBH, the only attitude I detect are the people opposed to it, some people are snobbishly against having the option. I don't think anybody who would like to watch sports onsite are throwing their toys out of the pram, just simply questioning why one of the most popular past-times isn't be catered for at a time of day when the music is only starting to get going. I'll still have a ball (so to speak) no attitude from this sports fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

dotsy_ wrote: »
    Sport is that popular...

A sense of entitlement may be people thinking that 'they know plenty of people that deserve to go coz they love the arts more than sports... man, rad'
    It's not that far to walk down to the pub. Just do that.

Advertisement