Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

As a massive Dubs fan, I will be walking into Stadbally to catch the game. EP just won out on the balance of things but I really wouldn't expect the game to be shown onsite for a variety of reasons. It is a music and arts festival and sport gets plenty of coverage at sporting events (which I also attend on a regular basis).

I wouldn't go to a sports event and moan if the half-time entertainment wasn't up to scratch. Life in Ireland must be hard enough for non-sports fans as its feckin' everywhere! I can understand why some might be a little precious about EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dotsy_

As a massive Dubs fan, I will be walking into Stadbally to catch the game. EP just won out on the balance of things but I really wouldn't expect the game to be shown onsite for a variety of reasons. It is a music and arts festival and sport gets plenty of coverage at sporting events (which I also attend on a regular basis).

I wouldn't go to a sports event and moan if the half-time entertainment wasn't up to scratch. Life in Ireland must be hard enough for non-sports fans as its feckin' everywhere! I can understand why some might be a little precious about EP.

They're showing the Dubs match!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

In the Irish tent?! Too small, trying too hard with the karaoke commentary and not what a lot of people were calling for. I'd rather it wasn't on there at all - Stradbally for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Ahahaha, what time are you in the comedy tent?

just after Dylan Moran

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Thinking of bringin a Duvet down, is this too much?

Sounds like it'll be chilly on one or two of the nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

i bought a double sleeping bag-great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

A decent sleeping bag will keep you just as warm as a duvet, and be much easier to carry in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

nocoverart wrote: »
    TBH, the only attitude I detect are the people opposed to it, some people are snobbishly against having the option.

The post I quoted said "I don't care what anyone says they really should have an option to watch onsite" I think that is enough to qualify as an attitude and I did say it is from some fans not all.

I think what you are seeing as snobbery is actually a bit of rebellion to how the real world works where a football fan can walk into any pub and ask for the match to be put on without question but a music fan asking for say coverage of Glastonbury to be stuck on would be given strange looks. EP is considered a bit different to the real world in some peoples minds and those people are in equal parts angry by sports heads assuming they can get their way there too and reveling in them not.

Not saying any side is right.. just more trying to get behind why people feel the way they do as often enough when this comes up people ask "I don't get why the other side doesn't see my view".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

la galaxie will be packed to the gills id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

maximoose wrote: »
    A decent sleeping bag will keep you just as warm as a duvet, and be much easier to carry in and out

Also ground mats! I just assumed people were being soft by bringing these when I first camped. They're not for comfort they are to insulate you from the ground which will suck up massive amounts of your body heat. In fact if you've clothes you're not wearing or towels or anything put them under the ground mat for more insulation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Toast wrote: »
    Also ground mats! I just assumed people were being soft by bringing these when I first camped. They're not for comfort they are to insulate you from the ground which will suck up massive amounts of your body heat. In fact if you've clothes you're not wearing or towels or anything put them under the ground mat for more insulation.

Air mattress is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

does anyone know if it is possible to arrive as a pedestrian on Thursday afternoon?

I will be staying in a campervan which is the only part of the campsite open thursday, but I am arriving much later than my brother who is driving the van so I will be on foot and need to know if I need to arrive with the van/can use a pedestrian gate, or have to walk down the camervan entrance lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Rfrip wrote: »
    la galaxie will be packed to the gills id say

Some hero brought a load of sparklers to their set at Castlepalooza a few weeks ago. I suggest we all do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've got friends who had booked rooms in a B&B in walking distance to the festival and now one room is available due to a cancellation. If anyone is interested in that not camping, having shower without a queue each morning and brekkie each morning for the 3 days at EP send me a PM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Aaaaaaaaaand sparklers are now on my checklist

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I brought 120 sparklers in 2011 for the arcade fire set and we got a shout out from Wynn Butler when we set them off. Made my year that did!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Paul262 wrote: »
    Irish Sun journalist just posted this on Twitter..... Apparently a maze made out washing machines!

I love all that type of stuff looks amazing!

I'm a big sports fan but don't mind missing it for one weekend of the year and the scale looks all over the shop on the map... that stuff in Hendrix campsite is rather annoying too, I like that bit :(

Sparklers are now on my list too

ZZ56SxF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Any other fixture I'd give it a miss but United Liverpool is kind of the big one for me. Will hopefully head in to Stradbally for it. Unless of course the line up clashes badly. Would Johnny Marr be playing at half one in the afternoon? Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

^That "abundant sunshine" is now "a thick cloud cover" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Nooooooooooooo

k6NVaIU.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

roll wrote: »
    i bought a double sleeping bag-great job!

I've had one of these for the last few years, there was one year the GF packed the wrong one and both of us tried to get into a teenage size sleeping bag that had pretty much no warmth left in it after all the years i had it.

That was 3 years ago when it was freezing after 9pm. I put her on the inside and tried my best to fit in too but i had to put on all my clothes as i could only zip it up to my knee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Are sparklers allowed in?
    For some reason I just assumed they'd be on the prohibited items!?

If they're allowed in I'm definitely buying a crap load, euroland or whatever it is have them in stock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Air mattress is the only way to go.

Would disagree. They are ackward and uncomfortable. Proper Mats and are just as effective. Not foam ones that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

still no word on the opening times for the showers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

What electro/dance acts would yas recommend to go and see?...I'm not too familiar with those on the line-up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

david75 wrote: »
    By the big dead tree in Hendrix. You'll see it :)

As in, nobody lives by the dead thing or as in you'll save me a spot? :P Either way I'll happily take up residence there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Question: I'm staying in Boutique this weekend with a couple of mates, 2 of us will be arriving by car, the third on the bus, I just noticed that the bus entrance is on the opposite side of the site and looks ot be quite close to the boutique camping site, my mate that is arriving on the bus doesn't have his ticket, I have it, we are trying to figure out how to get it to him, has anyone experienced this type of problem, for example can I check into boutique then walk out the bus entrance and give the ticket to my mate and be allowed readmission or is there a shuttle service from the bus entrance around to the main entrance where the box office usually is?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Would disagree. They are ackward and uncomfortable. Proper Mats and are just as effective. Not foam ones that is.

I'd have to disagree.

On the insistence of the Missus, splashed out on two self-inflating air mattresses from Great Outdoors prior to last year's EP.

Totally worth it - no more moaning about bumpy ground, complete lack of sleep etc. Which hopefully equals several more years of happy festival going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Question: I'm staying in Boutique this weekend with a couple of mates, 2 of us will be arriving by car, the third on the bus, I just noticed that the bus entrance is on the opposite side of the site and looks ot be quite close to the boutique camping site, my mate that is arriving on the bus doesn't have his ticket, I have it, we are trying to figure out how to get it to him, has anyone experienced this type of problem, for example can I check into boutique then walk out the bus entrance and give the ticket to my mate and be allowed readmission or is there a shuttle service from the bus entrance around to the main entrance where the box office usually is?

yes, you can check in to the camping, throw your stuff into your abode and walk back out of the site, meet you friend, wait for him to get his wristband then ye can both go back into the boutique camping area where he will get his band for future access to the boutique camping.

I am staying at Pink Moon and I did that exact thing last year to meet friends who arrived later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Rewind83 wrote: »
    still no word on the opening times for the showers?

Why does it matter? It could be 08:00, 09:00 or 10:00 etc...

Either way, they are hot, and free so no need to worry when they open. I queued one year, and was only waiting 15 minutes.

Advertisement