Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

pjf2013 wrote: »
    I'd love to know where Jim is getting this whole idea that a new bunch of young people is going to be the rebirth of the festival. 85% of the tickets sold were loyalty tickets confirmed tonight on the news, which hopefully means it'll be full of the usual picnic goers and addicts of the picnic like myself

Heard that as well, no way it would have sold out otherwise. Carroll has it wrong this time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

pjf2013 wrote: »
    I'd love to know where Jim is getting this whole idea that a new bunch of young people is going to be the rebirth of the festival. 85% of the tickets sold were loyalty tickets confirmed tonight on the news, which hopefully means it'll be full of the usual picnic goers and addicts of the picnic like myself

I got my ticket via loyality and have never been to EP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

I got my ticket via loyality and have never been to EP :P

:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

:eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrxAhwazhh36UnbsCelV3zYw2XOeKQGxXJtJwijAYxufzWtmA1

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Murph93

Any have any idea how the weather's gonna be for this one? I hear its not great but anyone ever been to EP on a wet weekend? Is it disgraceful mucky and miserable but is it manageable?

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrxAhwazhh36UnbsCelV3zYw2XOeKQGxXJtJwijAYxufzWtmA1
    ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Murph93 wrote: »
    Any have any idea how the weather's gonna be for this one? I hear its not great but anyone ever been to EP on a wet weekend? Is it disgraceful mucky and miserable but is it manageable?
    Eh? At the moment it looks pretty good: warm, generally dry with a few showers on Sunday. Though it's impossible to predict critical systems like weather with any great degree of accuracy, and not even God himself could tell you what the Irish 5-day forecast looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Murph93 wrote: »

There is going to be an abundance of sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

If you click on the acts name on the electric picnic site it says what time they are playing on their profile. Handy since electric arena times hasn't been up anywhere. Little green cars clash with robert plant. balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cian68 wrote: »
    If you click on the acts name on the electric picnic site it says what time they are playing on their profile. Handy since electric arena times hasn't been up anywhere. Little green cars clash with robert plant. balls.
    thanks! a lot of them still don't have stages/times, but there's definitely a few with them up anyway.

Tiga and Cyril Hahn in the Electric Arena instead of the Little Big Tent :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Benzor3000

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Just big sticker, will save time at entry. Not sure any reason to think otherwise.

Thanks, Peterd66. Thinking the same myself but was seeking some reassurance. Unless someone posts that they've received the generic Ticketmaster campervan ticket as in previous years, I'll take it that I'm good to go. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

What's the story with the match on sun? Is it on the radio or tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mike..

Hi all,

Quick question, hopefully someone can help me out. If I buy an eticket (i.e. printed on an A4 sheet) from someone else & it has their name on it, will I be able to get in with it?

Mike.. wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question, hopefully someone can help me out. If I buy an eticket (i.e. printed on an A4 sheet) from someone else & it has their name on it, will I be able to get in with it?

yes, if you don't know them well get their name address and contact number etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mike..

yes, if you don't know them well get their name address and contact number etc

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease somewhat.

It actually belongs to the girlfriend of a guy that works in the same company as myself. I don't know the lad in question but was informed of the ticket by a friend of his who works with me. Surely I wouldn't get conned if he knew I knew his name, where he worked, etc.?

Also, I've seen the ticket & took a photo of it. It says "Section: Genad", "Event Code: ESBCAMP", and "Ticket type: J-1PN". I'm just afraid it'll turn out to be a campervan ticket or something like that! Paranoid to say the least!

even though Chris Cox basically does everything on stage, i'm looking forward to Giorgio Moroder and him on the Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Benzor3000

Fugs!! wrote: »
    I think that is the ticket. You've but a little doubt in my mind now though.

Sorry! If that's three of us with sticker tickets but nothing else, we must be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

even though Chris Cox basically does everything on stage, i'm looking forward to Giorgio Moroder and him on the Friday night

Me too, listened to that set before & enjoyed it.
    He's clashing with Fatboy Slim. Not too pushed on seeing him but wouldn't have minded. Was always likely though as the tent would probably be packed if they weren't clashing.

Hey no sight of a shop in the campsite map. Is there a centra/shop this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clairetales

anybody no if can still do the pretend marraige tent again this year and any info on it its something id love to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

For anyone like myself who drinks cider, Aldi are doing a deal on 'Tauras' Irish Cider. 8 x 500ml cans for €6.99, 5.3% alcohol. I bought 4 box's of it and its saving me €20 over buying 4 x bulmers festival packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I could be going to Giorgio Moroder by myself while my friends are at Fatboy Slim. Comparing the two sets I've heard I certainly preferred his. Luckily dancing completely by myself isn't a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Quick question; has the site layout changed much since 2010? That's the last time I was at EP myself.

zI0co48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Mike.. wrote: »
    Thanks, that puts my mind at ease somewhat.

It actually belongs to the girlfriend of a guy that works in the same company as myself. I don't know the lad in question but was informed of the ticket by a friend of his who works with me. Surely I wouldn't get conned if he knew I knew his name, where he worked, etc.?

Also, I've seen the ticket & took a photo of it. It says "Section: Genad", "Event Code: ESBCAMP", and "Ticket type: J-1PN". I'm just afraid it'll turn out to be a campervan ticket or something like that! Paranoid to say the least!

If there happens to be more than one print of that ticket, the first one to be scanned at the entrance will get in and tough luck for any other copies. Regardless of the name on the ticket. Just so you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Quick question; has the site layout changed much since 2010? That's the last time I was at EP myself.

Not all that much tbh. Body & Soul is bigger...you can no longer walk around it. General layout is the same...just a few additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

Hey no sight of a shop in the campsite map. Is there a centra/shop this year??

Hmmm... There has to be right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

cian68 wrote: »

Thanks for the tip - looks like it's showing times for acts playing Electric Arena only perhaps? I'm assuming that the pages saying Electric Picnic actually mean Electric Arena... bit of a jump perhaps but hey...

There's a nice looking run for me on Sunday with Eels on Main Stage being followed up by David Byrne/St. Vincent and then The Knife in Electric Arena.

I am anticipating feelings of savage denial once I see the stage times for Mount Kimbie and Jagwar Ma which will very probably clash with some of those three.

Is it just me or is there a load more good stuff on Sunday compared to Saturday?

Advertisement