Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Pepperwood wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time Donal Dineen is on at?

Cheers.

Easier to list the times he's not on at :)

Six different sets over the weekend announced so far but if you want to get your dance on then it'd be the 11pm set on Saturday @ the Earthship stage you want.

The rest of his sets carry an "Ambient" tag.

Check stage times at Nialler9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

a ticket just sold for €795 on eBay, i sh1t you not.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-x-ELECTRIC-PICNIC-3-DAY-CAMPING-TICKET-STRADBALLY-HALL-/181204631792?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2a30a340f0

good luck to people still holding out for tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

anybody no if can still do the pretend marraige tent again this year and any info on it its something id love to do

Yeah, the inflatable church, they confirmed it a few weeks ago on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pepperwood

Easier to list the times he's not on at :)

Six different sets over the weekend announced so far but if you want to get your dance on then it'd be the 11pm set on Saturday @ the Earthship stage you want.

The rest of his sets carry an "Ambient" tag.

Check stage times at Nialler9

Sound! Thanks a million. He's a lecturer of mine so I wanted to have a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

My girlfriend's early bird ticket arrived this morning - in a hand written envelope with a note saying that her ticket had arrived with this persons tickets. He was honest enough to post it on to her out of his own pocket.
    Amazing! Restores some faith in humanity.
    Major cock up by Ticketmaster though, if the ticket had been sold on and the buyer arrived down there before my gf, she wouldn't have got in.

So if you are reading, thanks Mark, you are a lifesaver!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Anybody know what time the 1975 are on? Can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Did you see the comedy tent!!! Are they having a laugh!!!! (Seriously!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Had to sell my ticket for this. Absolutely devastated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I picked 2 acts I didn't know to get into to make my saturday juicier and both are clashing!:D Tiga and Disclosure. Pfft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I've been to 5 or 6 picnics, (it's a blur :) )
    Can anyone tell me what minefields is?and the global green area?
    I've managed to never see these in all my time.

And does anyone remember the giant cube made of pingpong balls with lights inside? Saw that one year and loved it and never saw it againsadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

kellsred wrote: »
    My girlfriend's early bird ticket arrived this morning - in a hand written envelope with a note saying that her ticket had arrived with this persons tickets. He was honest enough to post it on to her out of his own pocket.
    Amazing! Restores some faith in humanity.
    Major cock up by Ticketmaster though, if the ticket had been sold on and the buyer arrived down there before my gf, she wouldn't have got in.

So if you are reading, thanks Mark, you are a lifesaver!!!

I'd ring Ticketmaster anyway and tell them - and make sure ticket is ok. It probably is but double check anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My band are playing there for the first time, feeling unbelievably excited at this stage, it's like waiting for Christmas morning! (Trailer Park stage 20:30 on Saturday)

david75 wrote: »

And does anyone remember the giant cube made of pingpong balls with lights inside? Saw that one year and loved it and never saw it againsadly.

Minefields is usually down behind the Main Stage and is where all the intelligentsia (:)) hang out - the Literary tent is there, Today FM does the Friday night show & Sunday morning from there I think (I heard Tubridy there also), the wine/food tent, Hot Press tent.

Global Green is where all the arty farty 'real' stuff is - weaving, wood turning, etc, etc. Although in fairness, there is usually some really cool sculptures, seating areas down there.

Gaspode wrote: »
    My band are playing there for the first time, feeling unbelievably excited at this stage, it's like waiting for Christmas morning! (Trailer Park stage 20:30 on Saturday)

I'd like to say I'd go down and support you - but there is an ice cube's chance in hell if Robert Plant is on the main stage at the same time:o Sorry

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Minefields is usually down behind the Main Stage and is where all the intelligentsia (:)) hang out - the Literary tent is there, Today FM does the Friday night show & Sunday morning from there I think (I heard Tubridy there also), the wine/food tent, Hot Press tent.

Global Green is where all the arty farty 'real' stuff is - weaving, wood turning, etc, etc. Although in fairness, there is usually some really cool sculptures, seating areas down there.

Ah cool thanks! I make furniture from pallets so ill definitely check that out cheers.

See this?
    https://www.facebook.com/VodafonePlayground/posts/585230764875304

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Lightbulbcubeatron!!! (Hopefully the link works)

http://youtu.be/8UGlrBHznPU

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Lightbulbcubeatron!!! (Hopefully the link works)

http://youtu.be/8UGlrBHznPU

Thanks!! That was without doubt the coolest thing I've ever seen there. I'm told its been there a few years but I can never find it.

Thanks!! That was without doubt the coolest thing I've ever seen there. I'm told its been there a few years but I can never find it.

Pretty sure it was only there for one year 2008'. You can hear Goldframpp from the main stage in the that clip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

The wheelbarrow fits in my car... couldn't be happier!!!

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was only there for one year 2008'. You can hear Goldframpp from the main stage in the that clip!

Ah feck. I wanted to line the walls in my front room like that and hook it up to a laptop. It'd be deadly:)

ElleEm wrote: »
    The wheelbarrow fits in my car... couldn't be happier!!!

The wheelbarrow fits! What about the rest of the gear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I picked 2 acts I didn't know to get into to make my saturday juicier and both are clashing!:D Tiga and Disclosure. Pfft.
    wanted to see them both, and xxxy, who is playing the RBMA stage at the same time as them too. :(

Body and Soul main stage has a *Very Special Guest* on the bill late on Sunday.

So it is David Bowie or is it Daft Punk?

...or The Killers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Weak looking at the pics on the daily edge. The tiered seating looks a bit out of place. No doubt il be screaming for it come Sunday!!!

wanted to see them both, and xxxy, who is playing the RBMA stage at the same time as them too. :(

Disclosure vs. xxxy is currently winning my painful clash of the Picnic award. Expecting worse to come once all the Sunday times are known.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

couldnt think of anything worse than The Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

garrkell wrote: »

A Killers cover band composed entirely of clones of Hitler?

Donal dineen :)

• Advertisement

garrkell wrote: »

Kodaline?

Advertisement