Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Anyone know where the staff camping is? Camping there on thursday night. Hoping they let us into the actual campsite though but I doubt that very much..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

garrkell wrote: »
    couldnt think of anything worse than The Killers.

Billy Bragg or Daniel O'Donnell:D

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Anyone know where the staff camping is? Camping there on thursday night. Hoping they let us into the actual campsite though but I doubt that very much..

Staff camping is usually on the same side as the family camping, but further out - so east maybe :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

wanted to see them both, and xxxy, who is playing the RBMA stage at the same time as them too. :(

Yeah, it's a balls, reckon Tiga will be alot more fun, and if not, can always head over to Disclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Staff camping is usually on the same side as the family camping, but further out - so east maybe :confused:

Ugh, right at the opposite side of the actual campsite. Its going to be a trek with all the stuff on saturday. Working on friday & meeting up with friends on the saturday. I was hoping we could camp with them.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The wheelbarrow fits! What about the rest of the gear!!

I can squish it all around it. Bought a ten pack of Meanies, wine, water and toothpaste earlier. Good to go ;-)

Main stage times from here:
    Friday August 30th 2013
    10.30pm – 12.00am Fatboy Slim
    9.00pm – 10.00pm My Bloody Valentine
    7.15pm – 8.15pm Wu-Tang Clan
    6.00pm – 6.45pm Miles Kane
    5.00pm – 5.30pm Hudson Taylor

Saturday August 31st 2013
    12.30pm – 1.45am Disclosure
    10.45pm – 12.00am Two Door Cinema Club
    9.00pm – 10.10pm Bjork
    7.00pm – 8.15pm Robert Plant presents Sensational Space Shifters
    5.30pm – 6.30pm Ellie Goulding
    4.00pm – 4.50pm Duckworth Lewis Method
    2.30pm – 3.30pm Ocean Colour Sscene
    1.00pm – 1.50pm The Beat

Sunday September 1st 2013
    10.15pm – 11.40pm Arctic Monkeys
    8.45pm – 9.45pm Franz Ferdinand
    7.15pm – 8.15pm EELS
    6.00pm – 6.45pm Kodaline
    4.30pm – 5.15pm Noah & The Whale
    2.45pm – 3.45pm Black Uhuru
    1.00pm – 2.00pm Dublin Gospel Choir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Body and Soul main stage has a *Very Special Guest* on the bill late on Sunday.

So it is David Bowie or is it Daft Punk?

...or The Killers :eek:

Linda Martin covering Daft Punk again...:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Body and Soul main stage has a *Very Special Guest* on the bill late on Sunday.

So it is David Bowie or is it Daft Punk?

...or The Killers :eek:

Rumours of James Murphy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mike..

GopErthike wrote: »
    If there happens to be more than one print of that ticket, the first one to be scanned at the entrance will get in and tough luck for any other copies. Regardless of the name on the ticket. Just so you know!

You're scaring me now :( :pac:

Got the ticket for €160 so won't be the end of the world if I was turned away. Would be absolutely devastated though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Does anyone know if the toilets in the other campsites are as bad as the ones in Oscar Wilde? The Oscar Wilde ones are shocking, not even a roof over your head but instead some broken plastic. Camped in Wilde the last 2 years as it's close to both the car park and the Salty Dog and arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Was putting a slab of my EP beer into an old fridge, not wanting to open the packaging I squeezed the slab in. Some plastic shelf locators tore a hole in one of the cans, beer started spraying everywhere! Had to take it out to clean tore x3 more open.
    I'm now FORCED! to drink x4 cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

Funkfield wrote: »
    Yeah, giglocker is good. Don't leave anything that valuable in the tent.

I know a guy left a good camera in a tent a few picnics ago. He headed back into the arena and was gone most of the night. Came back early next day and the camera was still there.
    But, 5 years to the day later he got a parking ticket while he was out with his missus in Howth! They only got out of the car for a minute to get some icecreams!
    Don't try and tell me they are not related.

The Guy and his Missus are related?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Was putting a slab of my EP beer into an old fridge, not wanting to open the packaging I squeezed the slab in. Some plastic shelf locators tore a hole in one of the cans, beer started spraying everywhere! Had to take it out to clean tore x3 more open.
    I'm now FORCED! to drink x4 cans.

Taking 4 cans out of a slab will make it unbalanced and hard to carry, so you might as well drink the full slab between now and Thursday and get a fresh one to take to EP with ya. Think of it as a warm-up for the weekend ahead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

denisstack wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the toilets in the other campsites are as bad as the ones in Oscar Wilde? The Oscar Wilde ones are shocking, not even a roof over your head but instead some broken plastic. Camped in Wilde the last 2 years as it's close to both the car park and the Salty Dog and arena.

Ahhhhh The "long Drop"...Builds character so it does! Who needs some poncy jax.......Thems are for wimps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

It be lovely if Karin from The Knife strolled her way over to Body&Soul to be the "very special guest" as Fever Ray :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Ahhhhh The "long Drop"...Builds character so it does! Who needs some poncy jax.......Thems are for wimps!

You can't beat the long drop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Onaroll990

Heya,

I recently bought an e-ticket for EP from a friend of a friend. Is there any chance I could be turned away since there's a different name on the ticket? I'm often asked for ID despite being 23 so if they see that the names don't match would I be screwed? It says in the T&Cs that tickets are non transferrable.

Thanks,
    Joseph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

denisstack wrote: »

If you can get to the ones in the main area furthest away from where people have to walk just as they've been cleaned, your in business! I remember reading somewhere before for a schedule for when the jacks are cleaned but it escapes me right now

I'm brining more spirits and wine with just a few cans to avoid having to take a whiz every hour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Piss stops are great way to make mates though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 clairetales

has anyone got the link about the pop up church.... looking for info about times, prices ect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How's it going guys, first time heading down to EP this year, really looking forward to it now! Looking to head down pretty early to be on the safe side, are there regular shuttle buses running from Portlaoise? What time do people think it will start to fill up on the Friday?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Rfrip wrote: »
    Donal dineen :)

The flaming lips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cannot Cope

Anybody know how much Giglocker costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Anybody know how much Giglocker costs?

€15

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Rumours of James Murphy ?

Thats exactly what im hearing and dear god let it be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Can someone explain James Murphy to the uninitiated?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

has anyone got the link about the pop up church.... looking for info about times, prices ect

Fifty quid for it, you need to be there VERY early on the friday to book a time (especially one that suits you and your mates)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Paul262 wrote: »
    Can someone explain James Murphy to the uninitiated?

Main guy in LCD Soundsystem (broke up a few years back).

These days he does mainly DJ'ing.

Go check out the YouTube of his Boiler Room set to get a flavour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Onaroll990 wrote: »
    Heya,

I recently bought an e-ticket for EP from a friend of a friend. Is there any chance I could be turned away since there's a different name on the ticket? I'm often asked for ID despite being 23 so if they see that the names don't match would I be screwed? It says in the T&Cs that tickets are non transferrable.

Thanks,
    Joseph

You'll be absolutely fine

Advertisement