Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Paul262 wrote: »
    Can someone explain James Murphy to the uninitiated?

His dj set last year on the Sunday night on the little big tent was amazing and a welcome respite from the killers. He is dj'Ing in the sugar club om Thursday night if you're able for a pre picnic session

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hmmm. They are changing everyday, I think it's safe to say ignore the forecasts until we land in the campsite cuz these guys haven't a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

maximoose wrote: »
    Hmmm. They are changing everyday, I think it's safe to say ignore the forecasts until we land in the campsite cuz these guys haven't a clue!

That weather.com has never let me down though! Just so long as there's no torrential rain or gale force winds I'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

c'mon - its wednesday - cough up the full stage by stage line ups already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Rumours of James Murphy ?

Well he is playing in London on the Friday 30th August in XOYO club.

Sooo....a day's recovery, then travel to EP for Sunday night? Possible..

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?504040

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Hope all the stage times are posted up today so I can print em out in work

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

-=al=- wrote: »
    If you can get to the ones in the main area furthest away from where people have to walk just as they've been cleaned, your in business!

This is true, in fairness any time I've been at the toilets in the main arena they've been grand. I'm not bothered by the Oscar Wilde ones anyway but was just wondering if there was a good reason to go to the Jimi Hendrix campsite instead i.e. toilets being way better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just a quick reminder to people about the awesomeness that is clashfinder

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

very very very VERY handy and mentioned a few times in the thread already but well worth a bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 shell182

Random question but were daughter ever in the line up??... Also what time does everyone planning on getting there :) got there about 12 last year and it was VERY busy already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gonna be bringing a good lot of gear down on the bus on Friday; I'm wondering if its possible to bring drink in after you get your wristband/set up camp? i.e. If we were to get the shuttle bus into Portlaoise and come back out with a few slabs would they let us in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah you can come and go as you please once you have your wristband

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

cson wrote: »
    Gonna be bringing a good lot of gear down on the bus on Friday; I'm wondering if its possible to bring drink in after you get your wristband/set up camp? i.e. If we were to get the shuttle bus into Portlaoise and come back out with a few slabs would they let us in?
    They will indeed.

Savage.

Arrive down early on the Friday, set up and then head into Portlaoise for the beer sounds like a good plan so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is there actually a shuttle bus? Have never seen one at all!

[edit]Ah, just saw that you meant Portlaoise. You'd be much better off to just go to the SuperValu in Stradbally and save yourself the tenner on bus tickets.[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

cson wrote: »

was in Portlaoise yesterday to get beer and no offers on really in tesco, dunnes or superquinn. Ur better off going to Supervalu in Stradbally - supervalu have been doing 8 cans of heinekin for 12 euro for a good while which was much better value than any of the supermarkets I visited yest..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

smalloran wrote: »
    was in Portlaoise yesterday to get beer and no offers on really in tesco, dunnes or superquinn. Ur better off going to Supervalu in Stradbally - supervalu have been doing 8 cans of heinekin for 12 euro for a good while which was much better value than any of the supermarkets I visited yest..

This is my plan. Just buy beer each day. Why burden yourself with slabs

smalloran wrote: »

Cheers will do that; be going for Heineken anyway with the cold room thing on offer. Stradbally is about 20mins from the campsite right?

Re the shuttle bus to Portlaoise; fairly certain it's buried somewhere in the thread pages back that there's one for €5 or somesuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Yeah wouldn't see much difference in walking time getting to Supervalu than shopping in Portlaoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

danniemcq wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder to people about the awesomeness that is clashfinder

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

very very very VERY handy and mentioned a few times in the thread already but well worth a bump

this is class

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Mr.S wrote: »
    How far is the walk from the campsites to Stradbelly to Supervalu? And assuming they stock up for the festival!

About 20 minute and yes they do stock up for the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Toast wrote: »
    Anyone following the thread here for a while will have noticed the fair chunk of newbies so I reckon he's right. I also predict a bit of complaining about "the kids ruining EP" from the old timers crew on Monday.

You might be too old for EP if...
    ...you think the 48 can limit is reasonable.
    ...you're wondering where the quiet campsite is.
    ..."Le Galaxie at 3am? but I'll be asleep".

yeah these are all me.

Ha, 1st two are definitely me but asleep at 3am?. no way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Strange that theyre putting Fatboy Slim and Giorgio Moroder on the exact same time considering how little acts are playing Friday.

Arctic Monkeys v The Knife is a killer too :(
    Franz Ferdinand v David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Eels v Warpaint ahhhHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

by the time you wait for the Portlaoise shuttle bus to even leave EP you would have walked to the Supervalu in Stradbally. it's less than 10mins walk from the EP entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Strange that theyre putting Fatboy Slim and Giorgio Moroder on the exact same time considering how little acts are playing Friday.

Arctic Monkeys v The Knife is a killer too :(
    Franz Ferdinand v David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Eels v Warpaint ahhhHHHHH

A clash with Arctic Monkeys and The Knife was always going to happen mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Arctic Monkeys it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

Any official maps or lineups yet??

Never this late before, whats going on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

danniemcq wrote: »
    Fifty quid for it, you need to be there VERY early on the friday to book a time (especially one that suits you and your mates)

Its a great laugh to watch, the naughty vicar is a mentalist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Advertisement