Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coffeenation

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Strange that theyre putting Fatboy Slim and Giorgio Moroder on the exact same time considering how little acts are playing Friday.

Arctic Monkeys v The Knife is a killer too :(
    Franz Ferdinand v David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Eels v Warpaint ahhhHHHHH

Could I ask were you are seeing these clashes? thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

sadie06 wrote: »

Thanks but i wonder why the official picnic site is not showing this, maybe it hasn't been finalised yet

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

If you click on the acts names on the lineup page of the website, the acts on mainstage and electric arena have their start times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stevie G playing on the Friday. Jaysis, he'll be be wrecked come Sunday!

• Advertisement

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    If you click on the acts names on the lineup page of the website, the acts on mainstage and electric arena have their start times.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

Any thoughts on what's the best way to get down from Dublin on friday? BÉ, Marathon or train to Portlaoise?

2014 early bird tickets onsale next week from the sounds of 1min into this: http://www.independent.ie/videos/electric-picnic-2013-behindthescenes-preview-29531192.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JJtreanor

I am musician myself, but I also love watch sports ESPECIALLY at a festival.. I remember watching the World Cup final at Oxegen 10 on a huge screen. The atmoshpere was deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

EP just posted on facebook that the full running order won't be out till friday.

We'll be there and all by friday! Seems a bit much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

JJtreanor wrote: »
    I am musician myself, but I also love watch sports ESPECIALLY at a festival.. I remember watching the World Cup final at Oxegen 10 on a huge screen. The atmoshpere was deadly.

I remember watching the 06 World Cup final at Oxegen, I woke up the next day and had to double check that Zidane had really been sent off for head butting.

I wouldn't expect them to show matches on sky because they are not free to air stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

threein99 wrote: »
    I remember watching the 06 World Cup final at Oxegen, I woke up the next day and had to double check that Zidane had really been sent off for head butting.

I wouldn't expect them to show matches on sky because they are not free to air stations.

I was also there for this and have a great memory of a guy in a Zidane jersey recreating the moment with a guy in an Italy jersey on the way back into the arena after the match. Great craic.

JJtreanor wrote: »
    some match in the Cinema tent at EP in 2005 or 2006 too, was great fun.
    you would think they'd set up something for the GAA at least, as the pubs in Stradbally are rammed on the Sunday with whatever match is being played each year. maybe they like giving the locals some business...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ponceprhea wrote: »
    Its a great laugh to watch, the naughty vicar is a mentalist

Yup, he is class craic. Got "married" there in 2008, still going strong.

you do have to buy your own rings but you can get them in the stalls around the place.

I was also there for this and have a great memory of a guy in a Zidane jersey recreating the moment with a guy in an Italy jersey on the way back into the arena after the match. Great craic.

:D

Everyones face was like this :eek:

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thats a bit silly, the stage time are known, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait till friday just to shift more of those lanyards with the timetable!

That's what I was thinking, we will have to buy a timetables by the sounds of it

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Anyone see sight or sound of when/where No Ceremony/// are playing?

sdgbt wrote: »
    EP just posted on facebook that the full running order won't be out till friday.

it annoys me the way they're saying "times will be released throughout the week", yet they haven't actually officially put up any times, all we know is what have come out from other places....

threein99 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking, we will have to buy a timetables by the sounds of it

I don't understand why they don't make an app for phones with the timetables, charge a few quid for it, they'd clean up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

some match in the Cinema tent at EP in 2005 or 2006 too, was great fun.
    you would think they'd set up something for the GAA at least, as the pubs in Stradbally are rammed on the Sunday with whatever match is being played each year. maybe they like giving the locals some business...

That could be it too, I'd say it could be an extra hassle as they might need some special licence, special stage/screen for best effect and even though 99.9% of the time the crowds of fans get on that .1% if kicked off at the picnic would ruin it.

And like you said its quite a huge boost for local pubs as no doubt they will be jammed.

Good Guy EP, sending money into the local economy!

it annoys me the way they're saying "times will be released throughout the week", yet they haven't actually officially put up any times, all we know is what have come out from other places....

A lot of the information is coming direct from the artisits. Maud in Cahoots posted their slot time on their website and it seems a lot of others are doing the same via twitter/facebook/website.

Thats a bit silly, the stage time are known, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait till friday just to shift more of those lanyards with the timetable!
    i can't remember seeing these on sale over the last few years. do you get them at the merch stand or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

The most annoying thing for me is that the off-license still isn't up and running yet!

I wanna pay and reserve my cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

sdgbt wrote: »

That's a f**king joke if true

off-licence ordering now open:
    http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Aaaargh!! Just found out I have to fly to Zurich on Monday evening after electric picnic for work! I will be a broken woman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

GrumPy wrote: »
    The most annoying thing for me is that the off-license still isn't up and running yet!

Speak of the devil! Just gone live now: http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

GrumPy wrote: »

just gone live now

edit: jaysus we're all very eager beavers today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Interestingly, thats how EP have released them to outlets, in that awful excel format. Not exactly sure whats going on over there at the moment :confused:

I'd gladly do work experience with them next year.....do they pay heed to the public via social media at all.... no off-license sorted , no shop(it seems), no stage times. All a bit shabby.

Advertisement