Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

€50 for a slab of Coors:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    The EP gods have heard you.

http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

Edit: **** you Ghostdancer :D
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Any thoughts on what's the best way to get down from Dublin on friday? BÉ, Marathon or train to Portlaoise?

Helicopter would probably be the best way.

€50 for a slab of Coors:eek::eek::eek:
    isn't it €2 a can in supermarkets? i know Heineken is around here anyway.
    unless there's deals on, i'd prefer to pay €50 down there, than €48 and have to bring it down, especially if i was taking the bus/train...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrCbee

Has anyone ever pre-ordered Booze from the Offy on Site? Is it worth it? Do you have to Q all of Friday just to get your booze.

Who is doing the Tour this year? Got on my bike for the first time since the last tour. I'll be at City West on Friday with a black eye and walking like John Wayne. Biking is dangerous!!

Have a great picnic everyone!!

*****Ignore my booze related question - Haha!! A quick refresh and all my questions were answered*****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Isn't the offie open for regular customers too? Like you don't need to pre order do you? I remember going up and getting 4 cans there on the Sunday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

ok just ordered cans there, on the site it said my order number was one number then on the email confirmation it said the order number a different number. Confusing much??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The time and stage breakdown being released on Friday really stinks of trying to grab money for the lanyard, which is awful stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

How far is the walk from the campsites to Stradbelly to Supervalu? And assuming they stock up for the festival!
    smalloran wrote: »
    Yeah wouldn't see much difference in walking time getting to Supervalu than shopping in Portlaoise

I'd imagine for the shuttle bus to Port Laois you would have to walk out to the top road (i.e. Port Laois/Stradbally rd), if you are walking that far then Supervalu at that stage is a 2/3 min walk away.

nocoverart wrote: »
    A clash with Arctic Monkeys and The Knife was always going to happen mate.

I think The Knife are going to win that clash for me - was watching some of the their stuff on youtube and they are utterly insane. That I like.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder to people about the awesomeness that is clashfinder

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

very very very VERY handy and mentioned a few times in the thread already but well worth a bump

Thank you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

So they'll only let you bring 48 cans per person in, but yet you can order a max of 477952 cans with the online off-licence.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea where and when The Strypes are playing?

Single cans of Coors can go for over 2euro in supermarkets but there is usually deals on the slabs for under 30euro.
    there used to be, but in the supermarkets here there has been very few deals on slabs this summer, have looked every few weeks due to a few festivals, and the only things are say 8canfor €12, or 12 cans for €18 etc. :(

i remember a year or 2 ago Tesco etc. had 24cans for €24 on lots of the popular beers, Carlsberg, Heineken, Guinness, Bulmers, etc.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea where and when The Strypes are playing?
    Electric Arena, Sunday, 16:15

Electric Arena, Sunday, 16:15

Oh thank you.

Ok, am I cracking or did those times just go up for Electric Arena on Clashfinder.

EDIT: Is the comedy tent not open on the Friday night.

And I presume Mindfield is open friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sackedlunch

I know Heineken allow you to chill cans with them, but I remember they used to operate on an exchange basis, i.e. hand six warm cans in and get six chilled ones in exchange? Is this arrangement happening this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 freelance2013

Save €25 and buy cheaper much better European beers and build some muscle on the walk :) I already have a 6.5kg gazebo to carry along with all my other stuff, must find some sort of indentured servant for the walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sackedlunch

I'm only buying enough Heineken for a few cold ones in the morning, once I'm out of the woods I'll happily move on to the warm stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I'd imagine for the shuttle bus to Port Laois you would have to walk out to the top road (i.e. Port Laois/Stradbally rd), if you are walking that far then Supervalu at that stage is a 2/3 min walk away.

I think The Knife are going to win that clash for me - was watching some of the their stuff on youtube and they are utterly insane. That I like.

Thank you for that.

I saw the Knife at Primavera this year. Its a weird set, interpretive dancers and the like. bloody brilliant though

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Twisted Wheel announced themselves on Facebook yesterday. I wonder are there any more yet to be announced.

Obviously the booze you buy from the off licence won't be chilled?

• Advertisement

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Obviously the booze you buy from the off licence won't be chilled?

If it's not chilled it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ladymuck87

hey fellow picnicers just wondering could anyone give me advice, this is my first EP and have had ticket since they first went on sale, i some how managed to fall down stairs yesterday morning and ive torn ligaments in top of my foot. i cant walk on it at all and have been using crutches.. ive asked the doc and he seems to think il be ok to go im booked on for physio in morning and again friday morning and he goin to strap my foot up for me b4 we head off ... but if i still cant put any weight on my foot and have to use 2 crutches am i mad to contemplate still going? any one any advice or seen people struggling on crutches up there in previous years? il be devastated if i cant go. any feedback would be really appreciated

If it's not chilled it's a joke.

With the volume they're likely to sell, surely they won't have the facilities to keep all the beer cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Anyone know what time crystal fighters gig on sunday is at??

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

ladymuck87 wrote: »
    hey fellow picnicers just wondering could anyone give me advice, this is my first EP and have had ticket since they first went on sale, i some how managed to fall down stairs yesterday morning and ive torn ligaments in top of my foot. i cant walk on it at all and have been using crutches.. ive asked the doc and he seems to think il be ok to go im booked on for physio in morning and again friday morning and he goin to strap my foot up for me b4 we head off ... but if i still cant put any weight on my foot and have to use 2 crutches am i mad to contemplate still going? any one any advie or seen people struggling on crutches up there in previous years? il be devastated if i cant go

I think you'd be mad, I'll take your ticket off you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Save €25 and buy cheaper much better European beers and build some muscle on the walk :) I already have a 6.5kg gazebo to carry along with all my other stuff, must find some sort of indentured servant for the walk.

I'm going for 24 cans of Tyskie, It's Polish and 5.6%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

hey fellow picnicers just wondering could anyone give me advice, this is my first EP and have had ticket since they first went on sale, i some how managed to fall down stairs yesterday morning and ive torn ligaments in top of my foot. i cant walk on it at all and have been using crutches.. ive asked the doc and he seems to think il be ok to go im booked on for physio in morning and again friday morning and he goin to strap my foot up for me b4 we head off ... but if i still cant put any weight on my foot and have to use 2 crutches am i mad to contemplate still going? any one any advice or seen people struggling on crutches up there in previous years? il be devastated if i cant go. any feedback would be really appreciated

Tough call to make, I'd go and chance it but it's up to yourself really and how it feels

Lemsiper wrote: »
    With the volume they're likely to sell, surely they won't have the facilities to keep all the beer cold.

That's a real rip off so. They don't have any cheaper alternatives either. Carry your beer in I'd say, no way I'm wasting money on Heineken or Coors when there are way nicer cheaper alternatives.

We aren't climbing a mountain here, we're walking from a car park to a field...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

http://www.ferno.com.au/products/emergency-and-rescue-equipment/patient-handling/stair-chairs/ferno-carry-chairs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

You'll be grand, just don't take too many yokes.

Advertisement