Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 freelance2013

threein99 wrote: »
    I'm going for 24 cans of Tyskie, It's Polish and 5.6%

Where are you getting that? Job done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ladymuck87 wrote: »
    hey fellow picnicers just wondering could anyone give me advice, this is my first EP and have had ticket since they first went on sale, i some how managed to fall down stairs yesterday morning and ive torn ligaments in top of my foot. i cant walk on it at all and have been using crutches.. ive asked the doc and he seems to think il be ok to go im booked on for physio in morning and again friday morning and he goin to strap my foot up for me b4 we head off ... but if i still cant put any weight on my foot and have to use 2 crutches am i mad to contemplate still going? any one any advice or seen people struggling on crutches up there in previous years? il be devastated if i cant go. any feedback would be really appreciated

I've had mates going with foot/leg issues before. Its uncomfortable and annoying but as long as you take sitting breaks and chill in places like body and soul.

Someone who posted in this thread already done her knee in but didn't stop her. Hurt after but me thinks booze helps dull pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

a ticket just sold for €795 on eBay, i sh1t you not.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-x-ELECTRIC-PICNIC-3-DAY-CAMPING-TICKET-STRADBALLY-HALL-/181204631792?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2a30a340f0

good luck to people still holding out for tickets....

I see 2 going for €1000 that were €149 early birds. ffs
    I wonder can ticketmaster/ EP use the ticket numbers of those advertised with pictures and bar the name/ email for getting loyalty tickets n the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Where are you getting that? Job done so.

Super Value seems to be the place for it, haven't seen it in Tescos or any of the other stores

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Right, so they are selling heineken and they are also offering to cool cans of heineken.... surely be to god the heineken will be cold if that's the case or is the cold room somewhere else entirely????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

would yuou ot just get a bucket and ice form the shop for chilling beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

ladymuck87 wrote: »
    il be devastated if i cant go. any feedback would be really appreciated

I don't want to sound like a mammy, but go easy on the drink and other recreational substances, as it'll mask the pain too much and you could end up in a worse state by Monday if you fool yourself into thinking you can dance etc!

Otherwise, invest in a camping chair and go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Can someone explain the shower setup? I understand they're communal, but where do you leave your towel and is there a solid ground or is it grass? Also, can you adjust the temperatures or is it a one temperature for everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

eire_lad wrote: »
    would yuou ot just get a bucket and ice form the shop for chilling beer?

Bring a cooler box, they usually sell bags of ice in the camp sites

Shout Dust wrote: »
    Can someone explain the shower setup? I understand they're communal, but where do you leave your towel and is there a solid ground or is it grass? Also, can you adjust the temperatures or is it a one temperature for everyone?

There are several men with power hoses, all cold water and you must be entirely naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ladymuck87

sadie06 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound like a mammy, but go easy on the drink and other recreational substances, as it'll mask the pain too much and you could end up in a worse state by Monday if you fool yourself into thinking you can dance etc!

Otherwise, invest in a camping chair and go for it!

can u bring the camping chairs in around the arenas?

There are several men with power hoses, all cold water and you must be entirely naked.

Only kidding, there is hot and cold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

paulbok wrote: »
    I wonder can ticketmaster/ EP use the ticket numbers of those advertised with pictures and bar the name/ email for getting loyalty tickets n the future?

I guess they probably could in theory but the sellers selling them now could have bought them off someone else. Pretty sure the rule is you're not supposed to buy tickets off anyone besides Ticketmaster but fairly difficult to enforce!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    EALBT.jpg

not much of a rave-up in the LBT on Sunday so :(

some fairly un-dancey acts on Saturday too...Valerie June seems to be blues-y guitar music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why? If someone is stupid enough to pay that amount for a ticket, more fool them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Electric Arena Sunday line-up is fairly class.
    Warpaint, David Byrne & The Knife one after another..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

Eod100 wrote: »
    I guess they probably could in theory but the sellers selling them now could have bought them off someone else. Pretty sure the rule is you're not supposed to buy tickets off anyone besides Ticketmaster but fairly difficult to enforce!

True but the fact that they are loyalty tickets makes it even worse to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Sunday EA lineup does look very appealing alright. Sunday'sLBT lineup is very odd altogether though, as it was predicted. Enemies?!

BTW, these excel spreadsheet lineups are so fecking amateur... You'd think the graphics or web design or marketing team or whatever would have some pride in their work like.

Just a heads up someone posted on EP's fb that they got scammed out of 600e for fake hard-copy weekend tickets, seems like there's loads of scammers out this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why? If someone is stupid enough to pay that amount for a ticket, more fool them.

The issue is if ticketmaster do cancel the ticket for breach of T&C then the scumbag seller is grand but the ones buying are screwed

• Advertisement

True but the fact that they are loyalty tickets makes it even worse to see.

Yeah even if the current seller bought them off someone else for say 250e, it's still ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

If they had put bjork on at a more "headliner" type time, all of my clash issues would be sorted. Can't believe she is on before two door cinema club.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Lemsiper wrote: »
    With the volume they're likely to sell, surely they won't have the facilities to keep all the beer cold.

Why wouldn't they? The stock is moving constantly. I've got chilled slabs from there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Yeah even if the current seller bought them off someone else for say 250e, it's still ridiculous!
    As a loyal EP-er I picked up one for my friend and myself on early bird. He has since sold his for an obscene profit and I'm still going with other friends.

My name is on the ticket, should I be punished for his greed?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Catmologen wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they? The stock is moving constantly. I've got chilled slabs from there in the past.

Ya, stock moving constantly is the problem - very little time to chill properly. Obviously if you get there early it'll be chilled. But I'd imagine at certain times it would be quite difficult to maintain a desirable temperature.

As a loyal EP-er I picked up one for my friend and myself on early bird. He has since sold his for an obscene profit and I'm still going with other friends.

My name is on the ticket, should I be punished for his greed?

I didn't say anyone should be punished! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I didn't say anyone should be punished! :confused:
    Sorry, quoted you by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

That'd actually be brilliant craic :)

I will admit to being a bit shy though, although I'm sure with a feed of beer in me I'll march into to showers, hands on hips

Sorry, quoted you by accident.

You're grand! Tbh I think TM and co are willing to turn a blind eye to touts because a) once the tickets are all sold I don't think they care and b) because of their no refund policy they know people will sell on tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ya, stock moving constantly is the problem - very little time to chill properly. Obviously if you get there early it'll be chilled. But I'd imagine at certain times it would be quite difficult to maintain a desirable temperature.

I'd imagine the "Cold Room" will be along the lines of a refrigerated truck, similar to what Mace (or whoever is running the festival shop) use to cool their stock over the weekend. Should be perfectly capable of cooling cans.

Advertisement