Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Mount Kimbie clashing with BOTH David Byrne and The Knife is very uncool.

Am thinking I may have to skip Mt. K and buy tickets for their show in November instead.

Am not looking forward to finding out the set time for Jagwar Ma - more pain coming there I reckon...

Am I right to be worried that if I stay in Main Stage area for all of Disclosure, I may not get into the Little Big Tent for Hudson Mohawke?

I've had problems getting into it for popular acts in previous years (see Richie Hawtin last year for example)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

I'm thinking of just buying my drink in the supervalu in stradbally up there each day to avoid my cans being robbed plus the Heineken is cheaper than anywhere down here.. Am I taking a huge risk or will they be well stocked for the weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I'm thinking of just buying my drink in the supervalu in stradbally up there each day to avoid my cans being robbed plus the Heineken is cheaper than anywhere down here.. Am I taking a huge risk or will they be well stocked for the weekend??

Not a cider drinker, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Mount Kimbie clashing with BOTH David Byrne and The Knife is very uncool.

Am thinking I may have to skip Mt. K and buy tickets for their show in November instead.

Am not looking forward to finding out the set time for Jagwar Ma - more pain coming there I reckon...

Didn't notice that :(

Ryan Vail as well, was looking forward to seeing him/ them. This is turning out to be very clashy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They'll be well stocked. In fact I never see more bottles of Buckfast anywhere together than I do in the Stradbally Supervalu every year - it seems as if half the off-license becomes a shrine to Buckfast around EP time.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

ladymuck87 wrote: »
    hey fellow picnicers just wondering could anyone give me advice, this is my first EP and have had ticket since they first went on sale, i some how managed to fall down stairs yesterday morning and ive torn ligaments in top of my foot. i cant walk on it at all and have been using crutches.. ive asked the doc and he seems to think il be ok to go im booked on for physio in morning and again friday morning and he goin to strap my foot up for me b4 we head off ... but if i still cant put any weight on my foot and have to use 2 crutches am i mad to contemplate still going? any one any advice or seen people struggling on crutches up there in previous years? il be devastated if i cant go. any feedback would be really appreciated

I would still go if I were you.
    I wrecked my ankle ligaments on the Thursday at Glasto years ago, so was on crutches all weekend from then.
    It takes a bit of effort getting round and it depends on the ground staying reasonably dry, but it'll obviously be worth the effort.
    It'll be more memorable for the effort too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I would still go if I were you.
    I wrecked my ankle ligaments on the Thursday at Glasto years ago, so was on crutches all weekend from then.
    It takes a bit of effort getting round and it depends on the ground staying reasonably dry, but it'll obviously be worth the effort.
    It'll be more memorable for the effort too!

I fell on the Friday of the picnic a few years back. It's grand, even if its wet just take your time. You're gonna need to be more strategic where you stand. Up front would be a brave choice :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

ElleEm wrote: »
    I can squish it all around it. Bought a ten pack of Meanies, wine, water and toothpaste earlier. Good to go ;-)

Jesus only had to bring water and converted it! Amateur! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

I fell on the Friday of the picnic a few years back. It's grand, even if its wet just take your time. You're gonna need to be more strategic where you stand. Up front would be a brave choice :D:D

Yeah defo stand back a bit!
    I think it's to stay pretty dry anyway so it should be OK for those on crutches.
    I'd say by Sunday morning 95% of the people at EP could do with crutches to be honest, or a compass at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Eod100 wrote: »
    You're grand! Tbh I think TM and co are willing to turn a blind eye to touts because a) once the tickets are all sold I don't think they care and b) because of their no refund policy they know people will sell on tickets.

Ebay has no interest in supporting a system where tickets are cancelled as they make a percent off the sales. Ticketmaster have their own touting website which they make money off as well so they don't want a precedence of supporting anti-touting either as it'll come back and bite them.

To get them to change their minds would take a major public backlash which many many people have tried in the past to get together. Usually it is in response to a large scale event selling out instantly or mad prices for tickets like what's happening now. Problem is that people like the idea of not having to pay more but will often throw away that ideal when push comes to shove.

Plenty of the wishlists for tickets come with the story of how girl/boy friends, sons and daughters etc will be the ones let down. Similarly people who wouldn't consider touting a ticket will change their mind when someone is pushing money into their face. I'm sure at some price point most people will crack depending on what the amount of money will mean to their current situations.

For any sustained campaign to work people need to actually make sacrifices and that involves both not offering the money for the "must have" ticket but also (and this is the hard one) not taking the cash when you're on the other side. I fully understand why people can't keep their resolve in those situations but that is what is required and that's what we keep promoting on Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Warpaint and Blondes clash. Them Warpaint girls are so sexy, but them Blondes tunes are sexy too. Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

anybody who is looking for info on shuttle buses to and from portlaoise can find a timetable on facebook from martleys of portlaoise. They're running buses from thursday evening through the weekend. Their website is www.martleys.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Newbie heading this year, cannot WAIT!! Trying my hardest to not get overwhelmed, but panicking now that I dont know a massive amount of the music and havent a proper "plan". Going to just go with the flow, apart from some "must sees" on my list. This thread has been so helpful, so, as a lurker, many thanks and enjoy the weekend guys!!!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nocoverart wrote: »
    Warpaint and Blondes clash. Them Warpaint girls are so sexy, but them Blondes tunes are sexy too. Decisions.
    :mad:

Blondes are playing in Dublin in October so might just leave them this weekend, i know a few of my gang will want to go to Warpaint anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anyone know how to correctly export a clashfinder to excel when i do it it comes out all funny and doesnt make any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Higgeldy wrote: »
    Newbie heading this year, cannot WAIT!! Trying my hardest to not get overwhelmed, but panicking now that I dont know a massive amount of the music and havent a proper "plan". Going to just go with the flow, apart from some "must sees" on my list. This thread has been so helpful, so, as a lurker, many thanks and enjoy the weekend guys!!!! xx

Last year was my first year and I just went with the flow. Reckon it's the best way to do it since there's just far too much to take in! Have fun anyways!

What are people expecting from fatboy slim's set?? I watched his set from a music festival in Miami a couple of months ago and thought it was very poor, lots of cheesy mixes of newer dance music and none of his classics. Hopefully due to it being the 10th anniversary and the fact that he is headlining the Friday night he'll play some of his old stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

What are people expecting from fatboy slim's set?? I watched his set from a music festival in Miami a couple of months ago and thought it was very poor, lots of cheesy mixes of newer dance music and none of his classics. Hopefully due to it being the 10th anniversary and the fact that he is headlining the Friday night he'll play some of his old stuff

Please....no negativity in here...only good vibes bro

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I'd be perfectly happy if all he did was stand there and press play and all his old hits just played and then he walked off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Giorgio Moroder and Ben Klock for me I might look in on Fat boy slim but it might just be a complete cheesefest. Enjoy what ya like folks thats the whole point.

Giorgio Moroder and Ben Klock for me I might look in on Fat boy slim but it might just be a complete cheesefest. Enjoy what ya like folks thats the whole point.

Ben klock is where I'm off to if I hear him play the Harlem shake like he did at ultra anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

seen fatboy once or twice at Glastonbury this year and he didnt play any of his classics in full, all he did was sample layers out of them, sometimes unrecognizably so. but in sayin that he is an excellent techno DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

zuluchio wrote: »
    Twisted Wheel announced themselves on Facebook yesterday. I wonder are there any more yet to be announced.

Said they're playing a 'guerrilla gig' so I assume it's gonna be unannounced?

I wanna see them though, so hoping they get formally announced rather than potentially missing out/being in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smirkydee

Hi, does anyone know if you're going up with artists and they park in the artist carpark, but you just have a normal non artist ticket, can you exchange your ticket there at that entrance?

bassey wrote: »
    I'd be perfectly happy if all he did was stand there and press play and all his old hits just played and then he walked off

Sadly looks like it'll be an a la Ultra Music Festival type situation.

Might check it out for a bit but will be leaving early to head down to Ben Klock.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sineadbcoyle

deegs wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I've set up a cool photo sharing app for the Electric Picnic. You take a photo to log you location and then you will see a mix of recent and nearby photo's.

You can get it here! http://www.closr.com/download_closr.php

And I've started a separate thread in the gigs and events section.

I'd love any feedback :)

Edit: bit of a vid here explaining it more :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lycmDYc5fyk

Sounds like a cool idea! I downloaded it to my HTC One but can't get past the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mongie2k

Fatboy slim does'nt play techno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he plays a couple of bits of his songs, but it's mostly absolute cheesey pop-dance.

if you want some good dance music at that time, check out Nightflight DJs at the Earthship Stage in B&S. good techno and house with some disco and funk thrown in too probably. Richie Kaboogie is on before them and plays good hiphop/dubstep too.
    then down to the Woods for Ben Klock.

• Advertisement

mongie2k wrote: »
    Fatboy slim does'nt play techno

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYHCV5CDPqY

Advertisement