Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nimron

Hi I'm going to ep on Sunday for the day can I bring in drink with me on Sunday. I see most mention Of drink is of people camping. Hate to get there and it's taken off me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

nimron wrote: »
    Hi I'm going to ep on Sunday for the day can I bring in drink with me on Sunday. I see most mention Of drink is of people camping. Hate to get there and it's taken off me

Fairly sure you can't bring drink on a day ticket. You'll have to shove a naggin down your jocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

top tip is get someone you know that has a weekend pass to bring it thru into the campsite then smuggle what u need into arena, I caught the shuttle bus with a girl(randomer) from portlaoise two years ago, I didn't get stopped with drink as I had a weekend armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Sadly looks like it'll be an a la Ultra Music Festival type situation.

I'm not with it, what do ya mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

You won't be allowed take drink through with you if entering for Sunday only, it's a restriction us day trippers have to live with. On the upside we smell slightly better than the weekenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Does anyone if the staff carpark is anywhere near the staff campsite and/or the general campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

Sounds like a cool idea! I downloaded it to my HTC One but can't get past the first page.

Same here. HTC One S

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nimron

Fairly sure you can't bring drink on a day ticket. You'll have to shove a naggin down your jocks.

I wonder what kind of search they do. Was thinking of putting a naggin down each side of boot or strap it around top of thigh. Ideas people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

People, my mate just got offered a ticket via Done Deal. Its an print out job, what can he do to see if its legit and not get scammed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Mount Kimbie clashing with BOTH David Byrne and The Knife is very uncool.

Am thinking I may have to skip Mt. K and buy tickets for their show in November instead.

Am not looking forward to finding out the set time for Jagwar Ma - more pain coming there I reckon...

Hmmm... you can still see an hour of each comfortably (though I'd be going to see all of David Byrne!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

how did I only just find out about xxxy being there now?:eek:

edit: clashing with Disclosure oh well that's just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tooler08

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Does anyone if the staff carpark is anywhere near the staff campsite and/or the general campsites?

I was there 2011 and the staff carpark was right beside the camping area and maybe a 5 minute walk to the general campsite and its quicker to get to the mainstage then the general campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JennyS93

Hey :) First time camper here (had a day ticket last year and the year before). I know pretty much nothing about the camping situation so bear with me! Thinking of bringing a plastic blow up ice bucket for cooling the cans, just wondering where exactly can you get ice on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Some good acts are going to be in The Cosby Tent going by the missing names on Clashfinder.
    Can't understand anyone complaining about the line-up in general.
    If you take the time to listen to stuff online and look on Clashfinder, the line-up is great.
    Always plenty worth going to see, never mind all the other madness you need to fit in.
    Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

People, my mate just got offered a ticket via Done Deal. Its an print out job, what can he do to see if its legit and not get scammed?

Not a whole lot I'd say, as in it might be legitimate in that it's not a fake one someone made but there's no guarantee the seller hasn't printed out a load of them and sold each of them as a ticket!

tooler08 wrote: »
    I was there 2011 and the staff carpark was right beside the camping area and maybe a 5 minute walk to the general campsite and its quicker to get to the mainstage then the general campsites

Sweet, sounds all good! No 2 mile slog with tents, cans etc.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not a whole lot I'd say, as in it might be legitimate in that it's not a fake one someone made but there's no guarantee the seller hasn't printed out a load of them and sold each of them as a ticket!

He's meeting yer man in Stephens Green Ticketmaster, see if they can tell him if its legit. Gonna take a picture of your man's passport. Anything else he can do to protect himself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

What time are people arriving on Friday? First time going to unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

foolelle wrote: »
    anyone know how to correctly export a clashfinder to excel when i do it it comes out all funny and doesnt make any sense

Just do a "print scrn" and print that off.

Eod100 wrote: »

Unfortunately the problem with these tickets is that it is so easy to print out loads but only the first person who scans it through will be allowed access. Some things he could to reduce the risk is.

- Get all the persons details, have a look at ID etc.

- Try to collect the tickets from the said persons house. Less likely to scam ya if you actually know where they live!

If 'already used' shows up on the ticket scanners scanner then there is nothing they can do but send you to their supervisor. 90% of the time there won't be anything they can do for you though.

• Advertisement

He's meeting yer man in Stephens Green Ticketmaster, see if they can tell him if its legit. Gonna take a picture of your man's passport. Anything else he can do to protect himself?

Yeah they'll probably be able to say if it's legit but obviously can't tell if this guy has sold on a few other print-outs for the same ticket but maybe I'm being paranoid! :P Apart from somehow meeting the seller on the day of the event to make sure the ticket is genuine before handing over the cash, that's about everything your buddy can do!

What time are people arriving on Friday? First time going to unsure.

People will be flowing through all day long. Peak times will probably be between 12p.m & 3p.m i'd imagine!

Completely up to yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just do a "print scrn" and print that off.

The best thing if you have a smart phone I find (android at least) is to export the clashfinder to google calendar and then you have it handy on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

HowAreWe wrote: »
    how did I only just find out about xxxy being there now?:eek:

edit: clashing with Disclosure oh well that's just great.

NOT BE CONFUSED WITH THE XX ...... Only joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gillyweed

Does anyone know where I can pick myself up camping chairs in Cork? ANYONE?! Everywhere is sold out :(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151829417754168&l=74224cdd97

Speak of the devil -EP timetable app and times will be released at festival..

Bit unfair on anyone without a smartphone/planning to bring an old phone for the weekend.. Guess they're hoping to cash in on lanyards alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

For the people who seem worried about the shower situation:
    • They are located at the Jimmi Hendrix campsite
    • They are free of charge
    • If you forget a towel, you can buy one there for a fiv€r
    • The queues are never that bad, but go early to avoid standing around if you're a real moan bag
    • The showers are seperated by gender as you'd expect
    • The water temperature is fine, and the pressure is good
    • The changing room area is like any changing room
    • The showers are open plan and the floor is a metal grate type thing
    • There is a small divider between each shower head, that's all, no stalls, no doors, no curtains let it all hang out! Don't expect privacy

Having a shower at EP is amazing, really gets you in the mood to go mental again on a new day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

ponceprhea wrote: »
    Thanks but i wonder why the official picnic site is not showing this, maybe it hasn't been finalised yet

These are official straight from the festival. Their website hasn't really been all that updated through the whole process. This is live information added as they give it to us.

Aidan
    Goldenplec

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

So, with all the fuss about the timetables, Im gonna presume the laynards are about 200000 million euros to buy???

Ah, Im only teasing, I understand the frustration when you are trying to schedule bands so you dont miss out.

But more seriously, how much are the lanyards??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Higgeldy wrote: »
    But more seriously, how much are the lanyards??

Tenner I think.

Advertisement