Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

gillyweed wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can pick myself up camping chairs in Cork? ANYONE?! Everywhere is sold out :(

Can't find anywhere that has them either. Going to see if I can find some on the drive up Friday or else I'll just buy one there. I presume they will be on sale in the camp site?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

threein99 wrote: »
    There is one place* where they legally cannot search you ;) I have had 100% success with sneaking in my hip flasks

*And its not up my bum

Don't keep us in suspense! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

dj_ wrote: »
    Can't find anywhere that has them either. Going to see if I can find some on the drive up Friday or else I'll just buy one there. I presume they will be on sale in the camp site?

They usually are on sale there, I'm hoping to get one there too, cant find them anywhere in Carlow/Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

It says on the web site 48 can limit but what about spirits?? is there a limit to number of plastic bottles ( full of spirits) you can bring. So far i have 2 bottles of buckfast, 1 bottle vodka 70cl and i will prob pick up a slab of beer too i presume thats under limit, even though im worried i should take more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

threein99 wrote: »
    There could be holiday to Peru in it for you ? ;)

Ha! Drugs is for mugs!

• Advertisement

how important is it to bring I.D.?? im 25 a tad baby faced i get id'd sometimes but i by no means look under 18 or even under 21 IMO, and my only id is my passport which id rather not bring

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

Casshern88 wrote: »
    how important is it to bring I.D.?? im 25 a tad baby faced i get id'd sometimes but i by no means look under 18 or even under 21 IMO, and my only id is my passport which id rather not bring

I've never seen any festival ask for ID. From anyone. Walked into Indiependance with a 16 year old(was going to be the guardian if they asked) and nobody said anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Folks yee may want to get some insect repellant or citronella oil. Seemingly "The midges would ate ya alive!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gillyweed

dj_ wrote: »

A woman laughed at me today and asked me if i knew that 'it's like...winter now' gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gillyweed

Depending on how 'babyfaced' you look, I would bring even a photocopy of your passport to air on the safe side. Not for getting in but for the bars inside :)

• Advertisement

Folks yee may want to get some insect repellant or citronella oil. Seemingly "The midges would ate ya alive!!"

Feckload of wassies around the place too!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Any update on the weather forecast for the weekend?

just seen on FB page EP arent releasing the stage times at all before the festival, youl have to pay a 10er on site to get a booklet thing of it like last year total BS.

just seen on FB page EP arent releasing the stage times at all before the festival, youl have to pay a 10er on site to get a booklet thing of it like last year total BS.

They're not getting the greatest reaction over on their fb page.. If it is money-grabbing rather than planning issues tis fairly bad form imo! Not sure why they'd be so in need of the cash when it sold out this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

You'd think the times and stages for all the bands would be included in the ticket price, this is an absolute joke.

I had a look at the app, its truly awful. Even if it did work I want to limit the use of my phone to calls and texts and not have the battery eaten up my searching an app for the lineup.

Really not cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

Some very nice man posted this on the EP facebook page.

Complete breakdown of everything but the Comedy tent.

I just pray to God Dylan Moran isn't clashing with someone big!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/acrosstheline/posts/Electric-Picnic-Planning

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Paul262 wrote: »

He's playing 20.15-21.00 according to http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/?user=014gob.py&

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

WHAT IF THE DELAY IN OFFICIAL TIMES IS BECAUSE OF A SECRET SURPRISE FOR US ALL????

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

in fairness id say its more bad organisation more than anything..seeing as its just the 2 stages to be finalised.
    maybe waiting on confirmation from bands as to what time they can play.

it just goes along with the lateness of more or less everything else thus far..including the announcement!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Saturday Rankin Woods Stage:
    (SATURDAY)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    John Grant
    Matthew E. White
    Gavin James
    Clinic
    Peace
    Cayucas
    John Murry
    Josephine

(SUNDAY)
    Mick Flannery
    The 1975
    Dawes
    Funeral Suits
    Soak
    Night Beds
    Lady Lamb The Beekeeper
    Luke Sital-Singh

Please dont let The 1975 clash with Franz Ferdinand :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Please dont let The 1975 clash with Franz Ferdinand :(

Franz already clash with David Byrne & St. Vincent AND Dylan Moran! Surely they wont put another act as popular as The 1975 on that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

I asked Twisted Wheel when/where they will be performing.

"Twisted Wheel
    Hi Ciarán, We are playing at 6:30pm on Saturday on the Oxjam stage. Cheers"

So the Oxjam stage is still TBA??
    THE FESTIVAL IS LESS THAN 2 DAYS AWAY!!

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Franz already clash with David Byrne & St. Vincent AND Dylan Moran! Surely they wont put another act as popular as The 1975 on that time too.

Yea raging they are clashing with Dylan

Returning to Stradbally once again, the Hot Press Chatroom @ Electric Picnic is your one-stop shop for a host of live music and chat with top Picnic performers including Giorgio Moroder, Miles Kane, Little Green Cars, Mick Flannery, Kodaline, The Strypes, Le Galaxie and many more!

As ever, Team Hot Press will be on hand all weekend so be sure to stop by our tent located in the Mindfield and get your mits on a free Hot Press goody bag.

Stay tuned to hotpress.com and follow us on twitter for additions and exact timings!

The current line-up of Chatroom happenings is below.

FRIDAY

Giorgio Moroder
    Miles Kane
    Hudson Taylor
    R.S.A.G.
    Daithi
    SOAK
    Keith Moss
    Exclusive: Janelle Monae album preview

SATURDAY

Duckworth Lewis Method
    Deap Vally
    Peace
    Little Green Cars
    Mick Flannery
    Gavin James
    Reginald D Hunter
    Hurts
    Nick Seymour (Crowded House) and Ronan O'Snodaigh (Kila)
    Aidan Gillen

SUNDAY

Kodaline
    Le Galaxie
    Black Uhuru
    The Strypes
    Hot Sprockets
    John Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Benzor3000

Paul262 wrote: »

That's far from everything, but thanks.

Benzor3000 wrote: »
    That's far from everything, but thanks.

http://clashfinder.com/m/ep2013/

Jaysus they are quare whingey over on that Electric Picnic Facebook page....I understand it is frustrating but ffs they'd need to relax. I hate drips.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Jaysus they are quare whingey over on that Electric Picnic Facebook page....I understand it is frustrating but ffs they'd need to relax. I hate drips.

I hate drips of information :pac:

denisstack wrote: »
    I hate drips of information :pac:

I know but you'd swear it was life or death...I said it before but I plan to see about 15 acts , see maybe 10 acts and stumble upon 20 I never heard before, I randomly make 200 new friends. You can't see everything if you try see everything you end up missing out on the craic and banter. I go by "picnic time' not "stage times".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

I know but you'd swear it was life or death...I said it before but I plan to see about 15 acts , see maybe 10 acts and stumble upon 20 I never heard before, I randomly make 200 new friends. You can't see everything if you try see everything you end up missing out on the craic and banter. I go by "picnic time' not "stage times".

says the self proclaimed "partay pooper".

Advertisement