Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I only just realised the unachieved stars under a person's username are slightly visible. Mind has been blown.

Also Ghostdancer where did you see that Blondes are playing here later this year? I wouldn't mind giving em a miss for Warpaint if that was the case.
    http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/3953/
    https://www.facebook.com/thetwistedpepper/posts/728457483836889

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Oh deadly, cheers!

On another note, anyone know if Bus Eireann are doing one-way tickets to the site? I can't make the last bus on Monday, don't wanna fork out extra quid for nothing but all they have on the site is return jobbies. Sent em an email in the mean-time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Eod100 wrote: »

how much they charge for it though I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There is a band on Clashfinder listed on Saturday morning 10.15am on the Salty Dog stage that I absolutely adore. The Egg for any who know of them - a lot of my misspent youth was done listening to this band. They are great.
    But there is no mention of them on the band list on the Electric Picnic site.

Which do I trust?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Shout Dust wrote: »
    Was reading this article about some Guard that was arrested a couple of years ago for possession of amphetamine, noticed this line:

What is the drugs tent, and what kind of search do they perform on you there? And if you are stopped and searched in general, how stringent is it?

http://www.herald.ie/news/garda-sacked-over-picnic-drug-search-28907405.html

Ha ha you sound worried!! The Garda drug squad will be out in force!
    A few years ago myself and a mate were making our way in past the main entrance, a guy came over a held up a badge to my mates face and said come with me. Took him over to a small tent and did a quick search then let him go. Picked at random!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

i just noticed all electric picnic ticket ad's have been removed from donedeal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joannalambe

I've won a heineken competition with 2 weekend camping tickets and I'm on the guestlist. I was wondering if it would work if I went in and collected the wristbands came back out and gave them to my brother. He can stay the whole weekend and I can't - have work Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just wondering when Arcadia was last at EP, was it 2011?

nocoverart wrote: »
    Just wondering when Arcadia was last at EP, was it 2011?

Nope wasn't there last year for sure, might have been there 11'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

tolow wrote: »
    i just noticed all electric picnic ticket ad's have been removed from donedeal...

https://twitter.com/DoneDeal/status/372817927285661696

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It was there in 2011 but definitely not in the same scale that it appeared at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

Here's a question - Is there anywhere in Dublin town that still sells 1) Tents and 2) Camping chairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Cant buy a return bus ticket on ticketmaster, an error messege keeps coming up,

anyone know if you can just buy one on Friday morning at the ticket bus thing?

Zigmund wrote: »
    Here's a question - Is there anywhere in Dublin town that still sells 1) Tents and 2) Camping chairs?

in around capel street there are a few camping shops u will get sorted :)

Now come on ticketmaster realease a couple of thousand tickets and make a mans day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Fatfrog wrote: »

Yeah it was there in 11'

I've won a heineken competition with 2 weekend camping tickets and I'm on the guestlist. I was wondering if it would work if I went in and collected the wristbands came back out and gave them to my brother. He can stay the whole weekend and I can't - have work Saturday and Sunday.

You jammy c**t! could be dodgy enough, depends on what they use to secure the wrist band, punched steel or a 'one time' plastic clip. I don't think you can undo the plastic clips with breaking them. Part of the security checks is a tug on the wrist band every time. If its loose or can slide off u may be in trouble.
    Some of the metal clips can be opened and re-clamped using say vice grips. But they get more secure every year.

Where do you pick up the tickets? I assume ur name is at the box office (outside the main gate), you will need to pick them up + show Id, they will give you some form of ticket/barcode that's then exchanged for a wristband?? You may be able to give this ticket to ur bro, he will just que up as normal?? As far as I know the VIP part will be an additional band?

Catmologen wrote: »
    Yeah it was there in 11'

The pics of the one at Glastonbury this year looked unreal. Pity they don't bother with Arcadia now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they'll give you an envelope with 2 tickets at the guestlist window of the prefab. then you can go and give the tickets to your brother, who queues up like normal and exchanges them for wristbands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

2 More sleeps folks and the madness begins again! Roll on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    There is a band on Clashfinder listed on Saturday morning 10.15am on the Salty Dog stage that I absolutely adore. The Egg for any who know of them - a lot of my misspent youth was done listening to this band. They are great.

Which do I trust?

Yep, seems to be legit. All over their Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/TheEggBand?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nocoverart wrote: »
    The pics of the one at Glastonbury this year looked unreal. Pity they don't bother with Arcadia now.

Arcadia at Glastonbury this year was a bit frustrating - a really constrained sound stage, on account of it's being moved closer to residential areas. It made for a pretty limited capacity. Looked cool all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Does anyone know if you can bring water from the campsite to the arena or if there's water stations that you can fill empty bottles with or even better free water bottles. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cormac616

Zigmund wrote: »

Bought camping chairs today for €12.99 at head for hills in gpo arcade off henry street, think they were selling tents for 20 quid aswell!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Head-For-The-Hills/188686321167400

Just need beer now and im all set.. where/what did ye get? id nearly just be tempted to order some at the offy there..

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Which do I trust?

Damn! I was hoping that was some kind of code for Autechre

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Fatfrog wrote: »
    2009 was the last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Shout Dust wrote: »
    What is the drugs tent, and what kind of search do they perform on you there? And if you are stopped and searched in general, how stringent is it?

http://www.herald.ie/news/garda-sacked-over-picnic-drug-search-28907405.html
    They take you over to the dance tent where you'll fully appreciate your amphetamines. Sound lads.

Nah, unless you're dealing in plain sight or involved in trouble, you won't be searched.

2009 was the last time

Not a hope! I remember sitting on it in the daytime in 2011 now.

Sorry if I'm posting alot but I'm very excited now and having a few cans :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Safe travels all and have a great festival. Remember: Don't be a ****. Be nice.

Advertisement