Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

nocoverart wrote: »
    Not a hope! I remember sitting on it in the daytime in 2011 now.

Sorry if I'm posting alot but I'm very excited now and having a few cans :D

your right ..my bad!! but it was dismal compared to 2009 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxIOBX4q5C4

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Pace2008 wrote: »
    They take you over to the dance tent where you'll fully appreciate your amphetamines. Sound lads.

Nah, unless you're dealing in plain sight or involved in trouble, you won't be searched.

Not true. Plain clothes officers patrolling area past wristband exchange and randomly pick people out to be brought in for search. Happened to me last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Two more sleeps, beer is in fridge, cool bag freezer boards are in freezer since sunday, cool bag is at the ready.

w00t w00t

in my 41 years on the planet, i cannot remember being as excited as this for anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Is 1 litre of vodka enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

I've won a heineken competition with 2 weekend camping tickets and I'm on the guestlist. I was wondering if it would work if I went in and collected the wristbands came back out and gave them to my brother. He can stay the whole weekend and I can't - have work Saturday and Sunday.

know 2 crew members who have said security extremely tight this year with them and assume that the security with everyone is going to be the same. Security company has changed this year. Watch out and if ur supposed to bring I.D. do...

actually prob better to bring your brother in and saying put the wrist band on him, not me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

smalloran wrote: »
    know 2 crew members who have said security extremely tight this year with them and assume that the security with everyone is going to be the same. Security company has changed this year. Watch out and if ur supposed to bring I.D. do...

Nooooooo... Don't say that!! They'll part time power hungry security people, who are nasty, bullied in school & were refused entry into the guards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

lordgoat wrote: »
    Safe travels all and have a great festival. Remember: Don't be a ****. Be nice.

Ok Dad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Offside wrote: »
    Not true. Plain clothes officers patrolling area past wristband exchange and randomly pick people out to be brought in for search. Happened to me last year.

I don't see why they do this at EP, yet at events like the SHM gig last year drugs mightaswell have been legal they were flaunted so much. Fair enough if someone is clearly off their head during daylight when families are around or someone is dealing, but pulling people over randomly for tiny amounts achieves very little in reducing crime or harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Not a good idea that I listened to Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92 tonight. They really need to get their sh1t together and book him next year. This is more a travesty than Man Utd not buying a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

is there a rave in the forest this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Nooooooo... Don't say that!! They'll part time power hungry security people, who are nasty, bullied in school & were refused entry into the guards!

Like the crowd at Indiependence!

I'm hoping the (festival wide) vibe will be the same as every other year, lets hope the organisation is better than that silly map they printed...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Really lookin forward to this, AAAAAH!

Do they sell camping chairs on site, would anybody know? Price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

nocoverart wrote: »
    This is more a travesty than Man Utd not buying a midfielder.

They have one, his name is Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Shout Dust wrote: »
    I don't see why they do this at EP, yet at events like the SHM gig last year drugs mightaswell have been legal they were flaunted so much. Fair enough if someone is clearly off their head during daylight when families are around or someone is dealing, but pulling people over randomly for tiny amounts achieves very little in reducing crime or harm.

Its a strange one alright. Have a friend who was caught with a small amount of weed going in last year, valued by the guards at 10 euro. He was down in Portlaoise Court there in June along with around 100 other minor drug possessions. 300 quid fine for each and every one caught first time. Conviction for everyone second time caught, even if they'd been caught twice with a 5 spot or minimal amounts like that. Sounds like a waste of time and money, bigger fish to fry surely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

ELECTRIC PICNIC 2013 IS OFFICIALLY TOMORROW!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Okay so I'm 18, lost my age card a few weeks ago but really don't want to bring my passport, should I risk not bringing id?? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whats everyones timetable for the weekend? Mine is (Subject to change ha)

Friday

Miles Kane - Main Stage - 6pm
    Wu Tang Clan - Main Stage - 7:15pm
    The Amazing Few - Earthship Stage - 9pm
    Fatboy Slim - Main Stage - 10:30

Saturday

Ocean Colour Scene - Main Stage - 2:30pm
    Ellie Goulding - Main Stage - 5:30pm
    Robert Plant - Main Stage - 7pm
    David O Doherty - Comedy Tent - 8:15pm
    2 Door Cinema Club - Main Stage - 10:40pm
    Le Galaxie - Body and Soul - 3:00am

BRMC aswell but not sure what time they are on at

Sunday

The Strypes - Electric Arena - 4:15pm
    Noah And The Whale - Main Stage - 4:30pm(catch the end of them)
    Cathey Davey - Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow - 6:55pm
    The Hot Sprockets - Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow - 7:50pm
    Franz Ferdinand - Main Stage - 8:30pm
    Arctic Monkeys - Main Stage - 10:15

Throw 1975 in there when times come out

Plans can easily change ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Pretty good list that just back from a gig up in Derry and I'm wrecked going to make out a list tomorrow!

Lot's of good stuff going on and I'm sure all best laid plans will sway but it's part of the fun

Also, as for this fun fair in Hendrix, will it be on all night or shut off at a certain time!?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

phunks wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can bring water from the campsite to the arena or if there's water stations that you can fill empty bottles with or even better free water bottles. Thanks

There's a fair few water stations in the arena where you can refill a bottle.

I have a feeling all liquids have to be chucked / finished before going into the arena so bring in an empty and refill as needed.

Today's Stradbally forecast for the weekend on Accuweather.

Pack your trainers, not just your wellies, guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Handy unofficial EP 2013 timetable app on Android includes 30 minute advance reminders for specific gigs.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.clashfinder

Uses the data from the clashfinder at
    http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

Hopefully that clashfinder has a complete timetable before we all head off in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Okay so I'm 18, lost my age card a few weeks ago but really don't want to bring my passport, should I risk not bringing id?? :)

just know that the crew who having been working sooo hard all week had to bring in photo i.d. to get their wrist bands. I wouldn't take a risk - use the gig locker if u have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Lads apologies if its already been asked but thread is HUGE! Thought I'd be quicker asking you all..

Which campsite is best? Want one that's not miles away from everything but that's also quiet enough that you'll get some sleep. If anyone can help or point me to page number of this thread that might discuss this I'd appreciate it!

Going to bump this question as I could do with an answer myself!

What site do people recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

dazzday wrote: »
    Going to bump this question as I could do with an answer myself!

What site do people recommend?

Despite its appearance on the map(which is totally wrong) Wilde is far far smaller and way more manageable than Hendrix and Warhol or whatever it's called this year. Those two are beyond vast with tents up over the horizon. It's like a bombsite refugee camp by Saturday night. Still fun but I always found Wilde to be a much more relaxed affair and its closer to everything to, being almost inside the centre of things. Plus it's surrounded by trees on three sides so all the sound is blocked out and it can be a lot quieter for snoozes. Should you be a big Jessie and need one.

My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with myself in that 7-9 window on Sunday...

Eels + FF/Warpaint + David Byrne/Blondes + Mount Kimbie/King Kong Company/Dylan Moran/ potentially CHVRCHES and Jagwar Ma?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Finished work in 7 hours then off I go....

MattD wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with myself in that 7-9 window on Sunday...

Eels + FF/Warpaint + David Byrne/Blondes + Mount Kimbie/King Kong Company/Dylan Moran/ potentially CHVRCHES and Jagwar Ma?!?!

Yes - this is a total clusterf*!k.

The more I listen to, and based on some live YouTube vids, I have a growing feeling that the David Byrne show is going to be both totally epic and have a really good vibe to it so am going to that whatever happens.

Now I'm off to my happy place where for some reason Jagwar Ma are put on around 4.30 in the Cosby tent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

any idea what time crystal fighters gig is on Sunday? think its gonna be cosby stage but no time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Hipster O clock. Which means they played yesterday and hipsters are over them already. ;)

Just messin. There's a good few bands I can't find on any of the planner yokes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Oh deary deary deary me. The other half has just been informed he bought a fake ticket!!! He stupidly missed his last installment through Ticketmaster last month, so went and bought one off someone in work. The guy just phoned and said they were all fake, that he didn't realise himself...

The next 24 hours are gonna be SO fun..... I'll buy him an overpriced laynard and a t-shirt!

On a different note, anyone need a lend of a 4 man tent, only need a little bubble dome now!

Advertisement