Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

all stoked up for EP and been brough down to earth with a bump. Started a new job last week and my new boss has been on hols til yesterday. he wants me on a conference call at 6pm so will have to delay "opening the bar" tomorrow. I will be in a hoop by 8pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Is there a desperate carpark for Family Camping and is it close to the family campsite I'm on my own with 2 small lads until the wife arrives about 6 after work could do without the long trek in

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

CAN YOU BUY CAMPING CHAIRS OUT THERE??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

laois gael wrote: »

Yes, why yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

YES

CAN BE EXPENSIVE THOUGH 10/12/15 EURO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 MrCbee

http://clashfinder.com/m/ep2013/ try this but hold off until friday morning

Morning,

Can the stage times at Clashfinder be trusted as confirmed?

GrumPy wrote: »
    YES

CAN BE EXPENSIVE THOUGH 10/12/15 EURO

At this stage my mates willing to pay that i have tried for them and no luck seems everywhere around sold out!!

Are they decent or what they like..any info is great...weather not great here this morning a heavy drizzle but hopefully it clears up

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Most Supervalues seem to have them, and Tesco have them in their outdoor section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

MrCbee wrote: »
    Morning,

Can the stage times at Clashfinder be trusted as confirmed?

Yes, apart from Cosby stage and Rankin which are yet to be officially announced.

Bear in mind that last minute changes can occur but that is as accurate as you're going to get!

Higgeldy wrote: »
    Most Supervalues seem to have them, and Tesco have them in their outdoor section.

THANKS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

tolow wrote: »
    in around capel street there are a few camping shops u will get sorted :)

Ramblers Way on Mary St for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Is there a desperate carpark for Family Camping and is it close to the family campsite I'm on my own with 2 small lads until the wife arrives about 6 after work could do without the long trek in

Yes, there's a separate car park, and it's very close to the campsite. Easy walk.
    Keep in mind: You have to have a child physically with you in order to get your family wristband and enter the site the first time. So you'll be grand, arriving with the kids, but you'll have to bring them to meet your wife at the entrance later so she can get in too. They are very strict!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

smalloran wrote: »
    just know that the crew who having been working sooo hard all week had to bring in photo i.d. to get their wrist bands. I wouldn't take a risk - use the gig locker if u have to.

Wow, so did they have to show id to prove they were 18 or to prove they were part of the crew working there all week??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah the car park ain't that bad. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

smalloran wrote: »
    just know that the crew who having been working sooo hard all week had to bring in photo i.d. to get their wrist bands. I wouldn't take a risk - use the gig locker if u have to.

crew bands need id for that fact its a crew wristband, all staff usually require id, especially if they arent festival regular workers. its highly unlikely you will be id'ed unless you look very very young.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm really unimpressed with the timetable coming out in dribs and drabs. There is still no completed timetable that I can find or that can be printed easily for clashes to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

If any other major European festival, which is what EP should be considering itself at this point, hadn't released the stage times for 4 major stages (Cosby, Rankin, Salty Dog and Trailer Park) one night before the festival starts, it'd be considered a joke.

It's just amazing and unbelievable that they could mess this up so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

MattD wrote: »
    If any other major European festival, which is what EP should be considering itself at this point, hadn't released the stage times for 4 major stages (Cosby, Rankin, Salty Dog and Trailer Park) one night before the festival starts, it'd be considered a joke.

It's just amazing and unbelievable that they could mess this up so much.

They haven't 'messed' this up. It's not bad planning...they just want people to buy the schedule when they get down there. That’s why they haven't been released.

Those schedules would have had to gone to print at least a week ago to have them printed/cut/assembled in time. All the schedules you've seen so far have first come from leaks from bands/production crews etc.

catch--22 wrote: »
    They haven't 'messed' this up. It's not bad planning...they just want people to buy the schedule when they get down there. That’s why they haven't been released.

Those schedules would have had to gone to print at least a week ago to have them printed/cut/assembled in time. All the schedules you've seen so far have first come from leaks from bands/production crews etc.

What i mean is they've messed this up with such a woefully transparent and needless attempt at money-grabbing. Just an insult to the EP-ers who have put faith in their product year after year despite their near collapse. This year just seems to be one ridiculous shallow PR stunt after another.

I have to be honest with you- YES it’s a nuisance they haven’t released the timetable and its frustrating cause we would all love to get organised. And YES, it’s probably so they can sell tons of lanyards. It’s not the end of the fricking world!! If you are camping, you'll be there and settled by what, 3pm??? So you will have time to get a timetable and get planning. The big hullabaloo about the timetable is wrecking the build-up. It’s NOT a major catastrophe, and let’s be honest; they aren’t obliged to give it to us.

BUILD A BRIDGE, Get over it, and let the fun times commence!!!

Hope everyone has a super and safe weekend, and the Child of Prague is out in each house! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Strange one alright, i'm sure the sale of the lanyards has decreased quite a bit over the past few years a speople get more tech savvy but i wouldn't have thought the merch company would have that much sway over EP to make them delay the announcement.

Although i'm not sure exactly how the licensing works, EP may get a share of sales and then it could be their decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Used to be common practice for festivals back in the day to not publish the timetables in this country. It was only when some journalist cornered both John Reynolds and Denis Desmond and asked them how they could justify charging kids an extra tenner on top of 240 quid for the times that they relented.

Pretty sure there was a bit of run up in papers and phone in radio shows on the whole thing that triggered that. Think that was 2005/6 as I remember Oxegen went all out and printed out LOTS of free time sheets and handed them out at the festival in 2006 in response. If anyone can find the articles they've better googlefu than me.

Anyway sounds like someone is trying to sneak the practice back in.

LADS! CHVRCHES just tweeted me that they are playing Cosby at 6:15 on Sunday.

QUICK! To the Clashfinder!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

somebody should tell mr clashfinder and he could put together a half decent expectation of who'll be on when....

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

roll wrote: »
    somebody should tell mr clashfinder and he could put together a half decent expectation of who'll be on when....

or miss/ms/mrs clashfinder for that matter!!!

QUICK! To the YouTube , been hearing their/his/her name quite a bit, better do my homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gillyweed

Higgeldy wrote: »
    I have to be honest with you- YES it’s a nuisance they haven’t released the timetable and its frustrating cause we would all love to get organised. And YES, it’s probably so they can sell tons of lanyards. It’s not the end of the fricking world!! If you are camping, you'll be there and settled by what, 3pm??? So you will have time to get a timetable and get planning. The big hullabaloo about the timetable is wrecking the build-up. It’s NOT a major catastrophe, and let’s be honest; they aren’t obliged to give it to us.

BUILD A BRIDGE, Get over it, and let the fun times commence!!!

Hope everyone has a super and safe weekend, and the Child of Prague is out in each house! :)

AMEN!! Not this much of a big deal!

Jaysus, now how difficult was that. Bring on the craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm not too bothered, and have 3 nice lil pics of a very good clashfinder with the 3 main stages covered. But people are well within their rights to complain, it IS a disgrace to pay over €200 (as some have) for an event and be expected to splash out another €10 or so to know what the schedule is.

They used to pull these ****ty stunts years ago at oxegen, but like someone said, they were called out for it. It's just bad form. I'd almost have bought one of those stupid programmes but I'm sticking with my pics on my camera out of principle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mr.S wrote: »
    Great. All we need now is the stage times for Salty Dog / Trailer Park Stages / Trenchtown.

Advertisement