Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Folks. Good ideas for deals on slabs of beer. Just in Supervalu. Nada zip zero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Slabs are a thing of the past it seems... Aldi have Saint Ettiene for €1 a can, and some other yoke starting with G; 24 for €20.

I've gone with Tuborg, 2 12packs for 14 euro a pop... :/ similar prices for Fosters, Dutch and Bavaria (all Tesco), but nothing bigger than a 12 pack there.

Not sure what Molloys and O'Briens are doing, but it's slim pickings for good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

No enough excitement in here for my liking.......C'MONNNNNNNNNN !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

Supervalu in stradbally have crates of beer for 36 euro.
    Heineken . bud. Carlsberg.
    In relation to the times i have saved each days current times to my google calendar and this makes it visable on my calendar on my phone.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Walt Jabsco

Times for Jerry Fish Electric Slideshow......
    FRIDAY
    Midnight procession of sideshow performers ring in “Together DISCO” 12 Midnight – 4am

SATURDAY
    Naoise Roo 4:30 – 5:00
    Mick Flannery 5:15 – 5:50
    The Lost Brothers 6:05 – 6:45
    Colm Mac Con Iomaire 6:55 – 7:35
    Jerry Fish feat. R.S.A.G with Special Guest Lisa Hannigan
    Sideshow Finale 7:50 – 8-:30
    Silent Movie Theatre / The Kilo 1977 + Special guest DJ’s Incl. The Golden Maverick 8:30pm – 1:00am
    THE JERRY FISH ELECTRIC SIDESHOW feat. R.S.A.G ~ 1:00am – 2:30am followed by “Together Disco” Part II

SUNDAY
    Gavin James 4:30- 5:00
    The Freakles 5:15 – 5:50
    The Gavin Glass Band 6:05 – 6:45
    Cathy Davey 6:55 – 7:35
    The Hot Sprockets – Sideshow Finale 7:50 – 8-:30
    Silent Movie Theatre / The Kilo 1977 + Special guest DJ’s Incl. Sally Cinnamon 8:30 – Midnight
    THE JERRY FISH ELECTRIC SIDESHOW feat. R.S.A.G ~ Midnight – 1:30am followed by “The End of The World Party”

Including performances from many of our leading Carnival, Street Theatre performers led by the GORGEOUS Fairie Moe x

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

MattD wrote: »
    Slabs are a thing of the past it seems... Aldi have Saint Ettiene for €1 a can, and some other yoke starting with G; 24 for €20.

I've gone with Tuborg, 2 12packs for 14 euro a pop... :/ similar prices for Fosters, Dutch and Bavaria (all Tesco), but nothing bigger than a 12 pack there.

Not sure what Molloys and O'Briens are doing, but it's slim pickings for good deals.

Cool thanks. My local centra does carlsberg & Heineken for 1.25 a can. That's 30 for 24. Guess its the best ill find.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Wow, so did they have to show id to prove they were 18 or to prove they were part of the crew working there all week??

The crew couldn't understand reason - the new security company changing previous yrs proceedures. Just wondering what else they might insist on when the masses arrive - time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Friday is looking a bit drizzly at times, should be ok after that, I doubt wellies will be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Savages v Walkmen and Johhny Marr v Funeral suits my only real clashes over the weekend.

Few 15 min crossovers here and there but in general quite happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Higgeldy wrote: »
    I have to be honest with you- YES it’s a nuisance they haven’t released the timetable and its frustrating cause we would all love to get organised. And YES, it’s probably so they can sell tons of lanyards. It’s not the end of the fricking world!! If you are camping, you'll be there and settled by what, 3pm??? So you will have time to get a timetable and get planning. The big hullabaloo about the timetable is wrecking the build-up. It’s NOT a major catastrophe, and let’s be honest; they aren’t obliged to give it to us.

BUILD A BRIDGE, Get over it, and let the fun times commence!!!

Hope everyone has a super and safe weekend, and the Child of Prague is out in each house! :)

finally, some sense.

You'd swear they'd added another few hundred quid onto the price the way some people are talking. Does it really make a difference if it's today or tomorrow you find out who's playing when? Most people could probably hazard a guess at the running order anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of running around between stages on Sunday! Dylan Moran v David Byrne v Franz Ferdinand is probably the worst one for me. Might just aim to see half an hour of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Tesco's have 24 can of Tubourg for 26 quid if that floats yer boat just picked up a couple there.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be doing a lot of running around between stages on Sunday! Dylan Moran v David Byrne v Franz Ferdinand is probably the worst one for me. Might just aim to see half an hour of each.

You serious bro???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

finally, some sense.

You'd swear they'd added another few hundred quid onto the price the way some people are talking. Does it really make a difference if it's today or tomorrow you find out who's playing when? Most people could probably hazard a guess at the running order anyway.
    well most people won't be able to print them tomorrow, and don't really fancy paying a tenner down there for something that should be free going by pretty much every other festival in the western world.

and guessing the running order doesn't tell you the times, so there's that's little help.

the lanyards almost certainly won't have most of the stages printed on them either.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Chvrches and Kodaline clashing, ruined my weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Chvrches and Kodaline clashing, ruined my weekend ;)

Power of a smiley face!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Jagwar Ma overlapping with Blondes. That's a tough decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

This weather site has never let me down. Looks like we may be getting lucky!

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

well most people won't be able to print them tomorrow, and don't really fancy paying a tenner down there for something that should be free going by pretty much every other festival in the western world.

and guessing the running order doesn't tell you the times, so there's that's little help.

the lanyards almost certainly won't have most of the stages printed on them either.

If salty dog and trailer park main stage are released later on, i'll be set.
    I'm not printing anything. I'm just gonna get the stage times from godlen plec and save them to my phone. That way i wont be using any data or carrying a lanyard around my neck. Most phones, even relatively old ones can get photos on them (i'm saving the screen shots of stage times as .jpeg files).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

Looks like no rain for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

just got that android app for EP stage times and clashes- its quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Can anybody recommend a cheap beer to invest in for the weekend? preferably by the slab, planned on getting 6 flaggins of cider but my stomach is wrecked after last weekend so I need to take it easy and stick to the beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Viserion

Only 2 hours 40 minutes of work left and then it's time to get into party mode :D Very excited!!

Hope everyone has a great time, see you on the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Rewind83 wrote: »
    just got that android app for EP stage times and clashes- its quite good!

Just after downloading it, hopefully comes in handy over the weekend. Speaking of phones/apps, anyone know what the queues are like for the Vodafone recharge tent? I've a spare battery for my s3 but it'd be handy to drop it in for a charge when i'm going to be nearby for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrCbee

Viserion wrote: »
    Only 2 hours 40 minutes of work left and then it's time to get into party mode :D Very excited!!

Hope everyone has a great time, see you on the other side!

I can't Wait!! Work has been a mess of procrastination today!! I will pay for it Tuesday!! Have a cracking time one and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Up here now waiting for the campervan site to open and the sun is spilling down. Suppin' on the wine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Here's the stage times from hotpress

http://www.hotpress.com/Electric-Picnic-2013/news/Electric-Picnic-2013-All-Major-Stage-Times/10133243.html

Tis getting all exciting now that it's all coming together aww yisssssssssssss

I can't wait for that abundant sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dotsy_

I'd just like to say I'm dripping for this, should be excellent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah BRMC vs 2DCC and The 1975 vs Franz :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

At least on the map the electric arena looks reasonably close to the cosby stage. After Johnny Marr I will only get to catch the end of chvrches. Gives me enough time to tell their singer about my crush.

Advertisement