Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    yep - I have seen people with camping chairs around the place.

The shop in Stradbally will. There is a pharmacy beside Supervalu. Just bring some with you.

Thanks very much I'll walk round the corner and get some now I won't be up for walking to stradbally if I get in the state where I need them in the first place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I snapped up 4 box's of them. Great Value. Have never drank it before, mind

Neither have I!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GID

Is everyone wearing wellies or will cons do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It appears I may be stuck in Galway until about half 6 tomorrow evening. If Im at the gates to EP at around 8 or 9pm will I still get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

MadYaker wrote: »
    It appears I may be stuck in Galway until about half 6 tomorrow evening. If Im at the gates to EP at around 8 or 9pm will I still get in?

No, they close the gates at 7pm sharp. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

GID wrote: »
    Is everyone wearing wellies or will cons do?

Im wearing my wellies up so I can save space.

Hopefully the cons in my luggage will be all that's needed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody know what fatboy slims set is gonna look like? Star 69, weapon of choice, praise you and right here right now are all givens but anybody any ideas what he's putting in his sets lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

finally, some sense.

You'd swear they'd added another few hundred quid onto the price the way some people are talking. Does it really make a difference if it's today or tomorrow you find out who's playing when? Most people could probably hazard a guess at the running order anyway.

Yes, people are making a lot of fuss about the timetable being out so late. I hope most of them, like me, are overdoing it a bit largely because it's more fun if you exaggerate a bit rather than because they feel seriously aggrieved and think their festival is ruined.

For me, the timetable being out late does make a real difference. I like to have a reasonable knowledge of the songs being played by the acts I go see, so if I had known a week ago that Eels and Jagwar Ma were going to clash I would probably have skipped going back over old Eels songs and put that time into something else instead like Chrvches or something....

Now, this is no big deal - I expect to have a fantastic time anyhow. But it would have been better for me personally to have known the stage times late last week or even on Monday.

And festivals do do this - Primavera had times out well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Dutchy

Ahhhhh sh1t. The one guy I was really looking forward to seeing. Bah!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody know what fatboy slims set is gonna look like? Star 69, weapon of choice, praise you and right here right now are all givens but anybody any ideas what he's putting in his sets lately?

Pure shíte is what his sets are lately.
    check out his set from Ultra music festival just gone, I wouldn't be getting too excited about him now to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

That's the bad news.
    The good news: Fireworks and free cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

For the YouTube of the Ultra set, see this post from a few days ago...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86249710

Don't assume anything positive about his set :(

Maybe he'll pull something different out of the bag for EP, but I'm not getting my hopes up. (and yes, I do like his stuff - a CD of his Greatest Hits would do me just fine...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Funkfield wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to work on my HTC One S...anyone else?

Developer here ... I don't have that device, but as I am not using any 3rd party libraries only standard Google stuff, I can't imagine what could be up.

One thing though .. if you don't have a network connection on first boot up it is likely(certain) to crash.

Other than that it can be only some proprietary Sense implementation of some Google interface. *shrugs*

If you know how to debug android apps and can get the logcat when it crashes send it on to me and I will be sure to have a look and see if I can figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

jaysus someone put up an unpixelated printout of their ticketfast on a certain site. anyone could take the number and get in before the ticket is scanned. schoolboy error

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If he just stood there and pressed play on his greatest hits CD everyone would be delighted. Instead its this sh!te:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FiNaa

So we can bring 4 cans into the arena after 11, what about spirits though (in plastic bottles) will they be allowed? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I've taken the times from the hotpress website and put them in order, removed the 24 hour clock (it's easy to think 20:00 is 10pm when your drunk and miss someone) and put it on A4 sheets so you can print and cut in half and then laminate it if your really fancy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bucib9l0a3dfq7p/Electric%20Picnic.pdf

I'm heading in soon and wanted to have a print copy with me as my phone battery will die and the official timetable usually comes out tomorrow. If anyone has changes I can make them for the next 2-3 hours. After that you may as well wait for the official one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is Chris Cox still going to DJ his songs? Moroder does nothing onstage so it's no great loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

can alcohol be bought in the campsite? just in case i run out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 celticsibh

Anyone know what happens if you lose your wristband over the weekend? I lost mine last year on the sat night but I didn't care because I was going home and wasn't going back on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

is Chris Cox still going to DJ his songs? Moroder does nothing onstage so it's no great loss...

Oh ya good question

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

SV wrote: »
    Pure shíte is what his sets are lately.
    check out his set from Ultra music festival just gone, I wouldn't be getting too excited about him now to be honest

maybe if the sound + lights are big enough it might be a good laugh!!
    ....maybe

Anyone have any more info on gazebos? We've had one the last 4 or 5 years(which havent been sellouts) so im hoping they'll be as relaxed as the previous few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Dutchy

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh ya good question

Very good question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

Jaysus that Fatboy Slim set is muck, thanks for highlighting that, saves the disappointment on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Will I need ear protection for the kids even if we are a fair bit from the stage and speakers?

And secondly, where would I get ear protection?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

MadYaker wrote: »
    If he just stood there and pressed play on his greatest hits CD everyone would be delighted. Instead its this sh!te:

I dunno.... after a slightly ropey start and some well dodgy mixes (:)) thats actually pretty kicking. I'd be happy to jump around in a field to that! (And will be.. see y'all Friday!)

Any recommendations for Friday acts other than MBV? Not too keen on Fatboy Slim or Wu Tang Clan, and I've already seen Miles Kane so not too pushed about seeing him again. Is there anyone from the Body & Soul stages or Red Bull/Rave in the Woods stages that's particularly worth going to? Or should I just wander around aimlessly for a bit and see where that takes me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Will I need ear protection for the kids even if we are a fair bit from the stage and speakers?

And secondly, where would I get ear protection?

what age are the kids? :)

my daughter has been going since she was seven and she never used them, just pulled them off! it takes a bit of getting used to the vibrating sensation in their throat!

I use my dads shooting ones but I'd say maybe somewhere that sells DIY stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

ultra festival (where hes playing that set) is alot more of a comercial dance music festical than picnic, the crowd that go there prob want to hear that kinda thing, so hopefully his set will be a bit diffrent here, either way ill still be going mental when his on

Advertisement