Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Killers in Phoenix park just announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Wow! I endured Five minutes of that crappy station for that crappy announcement... I'm out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

What a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

FFS. I know they want to hype it up to keep people listening but that couldn't be any less "massive"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sadie06 wrote: »
    What a let down.

Was that not already common knowledge? Didn't someone post it up in the Phoenix park thread?

Ah well at least there's one big surprise act left for ye to come!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

nocoverart wrote: »
    Wow! I endured Five minutes of that crappy station for that crappy announcement... I'm out!

I agree. How do people listen to muppet DJ's talking crap? They even sound uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

lordgoat wrote: »
    Was that not already common knowledge? Didn't someone post it up in the Phoenix park thread?

Ah well at least there's one big surprise act left for ye to come!

As in an EP-related act? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

christ.. yawn, that was boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Isn't this the second time in the space of a year there has been hype for "a massive gig" by a radio station and this board has bought into it only to grumble collectively when it turned out to be The Killers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Only one more phoenix park gig to be announced and then we can start ramping the EP and Oxegen threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

That's the 23rd year in a row that The Killers have played Ireland. How boring is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jesus, The Killers are turning into the next Chillis, flog the dead horse that is the Irish concert goer for all the money they can and then head off into early retirement.
    Bring back Swedish House Mafia, at least that would be less boring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That's the 23rd year in a row that The Killers have played Ireland. How boring is that?

You're a ****ing idiot. Its the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

think of the positives. at least they wont be at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    think of the positives. at least they wont be at EP

:D I applaud your optimism!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I stayed tuned in for some reason, just before the last break they said they would have details about Oxegen next week.

Seriously though, **** the killers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Daft Punk are playing at my house, my house.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr.S wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear that numpty from Hot Press on the radio stations this morning saying how Daft Punk are hot favorites to headline EP?:D

Half expected him to source Boards.ie for that...

The only source more unreliable for music news than boards is hot press.

Not a clue between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I get a feeling there is going to be absolutely nothing to look forward to this summer Festival wise in Ireland. I heard BBC are doing "Olympic like" coverage of Glastonbury, might as well pitch a few tents out the back-garden, get tons of kegs and hire a Burger Van outside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Daft Punk are playing at my house, my house.

Excellent, that tune is in my head now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Make it a burrito stand and I'd buy a ticket

nocoverart wrote: »
    I get a feeling there is going to be absolutely nothing to look forward to this summer Festival wise in Ireland. I heard BBC are doing "Olympic like" coverage of Glastonbury, might as well pitch a few tents out the back-garden, get tons of kegs and hire a Burger Van outside the house.

BBC do do (lolz) excellent coverage of Glasto to be fair to them. I can definitely see myself enjoying the Arctic Monkeys on BBC 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

I just heard from a contact in the industry that EP is 'probably' not going ahead this year.

Phantom says big gig announcement coming on Monday morning that will "definitely" sell-out and will "definitely" not be The Killers (again).

Stone Roses and/or Daft Punk at EP, purely based on conjecture and my wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Ron Da Bank says he has it on good authority that they're not doing festivals and not even touring this year.

I'll bet Monday's announcement will be another crappy Phoenix Park gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

i reckon itll b that jay-z\justin timberlake co-gig thats in london the same weekend as phoenix park gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Phantom says big gig announcement coming on Monday morning that will "definitely" sell-out and will "definitely" not be The Killers (again).

Castlepalooza?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sigur Ros having announced a separate Dublin gig would seem to me to indicate it's off. They've played EP twice before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sigur Ros having announced a separate Dublin gig would seem to me to indicate it's off. They've played EP twice before.

Sigur Ros played EP last year, they are hardly going to book them again this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Frank Ocean supporting the Killers, pity as I thought he'd be a decent shout for the picnic

Advertisement